ADVERTISEMENT

1970 scouting report ON MARSHALL

sistersville

Platinum Buffalo
Mar 17, 2007
Last night I met the coolest guy. His name is Charles Sciantarelli"sp". He lives in the apartment complex my brother lives in. He was on the scout team and took me down and showed me the scouting report on Marshall's 1970 team. When he started talking about Ted and other marshall players I had to check it out. Sure enough. a 1970 lookin scouting report on the herd's offense and defense. This guy was a high sschool legend out of Bryan Station high school in Lexington. He knew Nick Nighswander my high school coach and Lou Mains from Ironton who was the OC for years there. Anybody interested in checking this scouting report out? Being only 9 players on the scout team he doubted anybody has one of these copies. Its in great shape.My trip to Lexington was all about MARSHALL. I got so excited I couldnt hardly hold a thought in my head.

In my excitment I left out he played at Morehead. I called nick Nighswander this morning. He is a lawyer in northern ky and played on that morehead team and was my football coach for two years.He knew Charley very well and verified his story which I never doubted the guy.Good dude.Something tht stood out was the talk of the herd having 3 very fast defensive backs.

Last edited:
Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
very disappointed nobody interested just a good piece of history. maybe its taboo because of the crash. I never want to forget that and all the players.

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
very disappointed nobody interested just a good piece of history. maybe its taboo because of the crash. I never want to forget that and all the players.
It's not clear what you are asking. Are you asking if people want you to post a pic? Is this guy trying to sell this thing?

No I dont think he would sale them. I was the one who got excited just reading them People just like to talk smack which i hate not ask any good questions.

Love to see it. PDF is the way to go. If you zap me a copy of the pdf, i'd park it on a web page for posterity's sake…on they may do it here or on Herdfans.

will pass this on and get my brother help charley email me s copy. His i
Love to see it. PDF is the way to go. If you zap me a copy of the pdf, i'd park it on a web page for posterity's sake…on they may do it here or on Herdfans.

My brother needs to go the library in Lexington and email me copies of the whole thing. He talked about the Herd were supposed to be good that year. Special emphasis on 3 of the herd's defensive backs and their speed.

It sounds like a really cool thing. If he'd scan it and upload it I think it has good historical value.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT