ADVERTISEMENT

2015 Season Predictions

Aug 11, 2014
With every passing day, I find myself more and more excited for football season! I look at our schedule everyday (background on work computer) and analyze every game in my head. With that being said, I wanted to hear from everyone else on how they feel about this upcoming season.

What's everyone's predictions??

Season Record? Toughest game? Individual player breakout year?

Season prediction threads are like a powder keg. If its not 12-0, you get crucified and called a WVU fan. LOL!

I'll bite.

10-2
WKU toughest game
Birdsong as breakout player.

11-1
FAU Toughest game
Birdsong is your breakout player

We roll Purdue

I would rather play a Purdue team with inexperience at QB, RB, and on defense vs playing them a couple games in so those young players can get the game experience. A P5 team that has lost to Central Michigan and Ball State the last 2 years pose no threat to me.

I am more worried about games @MTSU, @FAU, and @WKU plus the CCG then opening day against Purdue. Our boys will be ready to prove themselves against a P5 school

If we only win 9-10 with this schedule we need to thank Doc for bringing in talent, the fire him and hire smart coach to coach up talent.

Snyder could win 10 with this team & schedule

I am not sure I will say 12-0, but I see no reason we are not better than every team on our schedule…so I guess I will say 12-0. We will probably drop one due to injury, inattention, or some team playing out of their mind.

I am not sure I will say 12-0, but I see no reason we are not better than every team on our schedule…so I guess I will say 12-0. We will probably drop one due to injury, inattention, or some team playing out of their mind.
bbcard, please do not mention injuries. We have been virtually major injury free. I don't even remember a torn up knee the last three years. Maybe it is luck, maybe it is Coach Sinclair. Oh wait, McKelvey, but still you get my point. I remember pre Doc guys getting lost for the year in the Spring.

I'll say 11-1. I think the loss is taken at MTSU, FAU, or WKU.

Breakout players -- Birdsong, McManus, and Foster.

I figure since I started this thread, I should at least put my two cents in.

Our Squad:

When looking at our schedule, I honestly do not see a game we should not win. Does losing Cato, Shuler, Jasperse, Swag, Neville, Rouse, and Fro hurt? Sure. But you have to remember where they were when they stepped foot on campus. Doc and his staff coached those guys into the players they are today, just like he will and has already started doing for the guys who are filling those spots this year.

Birdsong has a cannon, something Cato couldn't do consistently. Foster is a near spitting image of shuler, but IMO more athletic. Selby has plenty of game experience over the past two years, although not at center, but is talented. Remember, he was voted to CUSA all-freshman team two years ago. Swag was a loss, but with Letman, Leggett, Tindal and Lang, I don't think we will notice too much of a loss in the secondary. With Neville gone, we will have DJ, McKelvey, Houston and Huskey back there. DL you practically have your pick between a list of Sophomores-Seniors to step in for Rouse and Blackman. And replacing Fro is Yurachek who was giving Fro a run for his money in playing time as a freshman towards the end of the year.

We will all miss the players who left, but we have plenty of experience stepping in their roles. With that being said, I'm also expecting BIG things out of the returning starters. I see Rock having an even better year this year, I think McManus will have a HUGE year, I'm expecting Foster to pick right up where he left off at the end of last season, and I can't wait to see what DJ and McKelvey do on defense!

Our Opponents:
I look at our first game of the season like we all look at a tube tv. Years ago, they were great, but today it's nothing special. Yes Purdue is a "Power team" due to their conference, but that is it. They just lost their quarterback, and have only won 4 games in the past two years. Don't get me wrong, regardless we still need to prep for them like we are playing against Ohio state but I am saying that I THINK they are just a name at this point in their football program. With that being said, we need to make a statement in this game!

I personally do not think much about any of the games after Purdue until November. I think MTSU will be a closer game than most, but still do not think we should have any problems. And then there is WKU. I personally, and think the team view this game the same way, see this game like we all looked at the Rice game last year. In 2013, Rice stole something from us, a conference championship. In 2014 we all had that game circled and wanted "revenge" and to make up for what had happened the year before, and we all saw how that one ended. I believe that WKU is officially our "Rice game" of the 2015 season. With a week off the week before this game, I believe we will show up with more than just a chip on our shoulders. They took a "potential" access bowl bid from us and that's more than rice took in 2013. Will WKU have a good team this year? im sure they will, but im staying positive and thinking we come out and play the way we should've last year.

With all this being said, I will now answer my own question! LOL

Record: 12-0 with a few close games that we all have a heart attack over.
Toughest Game: WKU
Breakout Players: Devin Johnson(can this even be considered a breakout?), McManus, Birdsong, and DJ hunter.

Dear God let's hope i'm right.

Reactions: angelo54
Keep in mind the QB that Purdue lost was NOT the projected starter. He had lost his job midway through the 2014 season.

We had one of our best teams last year and still lost 1 game.

Why is everyone overlooking Ohio U.... Solich is not one we should overlook in my opinion. Holiday does not have a huge successful track record in the head to head match ups.
We won last year but they have been an achilles heel in the past. IMHO.

I think the other tough games will be Purdue, MT, and WKU

We should win 9 or 10 games this year and I consider that success for the program.

Breakout players.... Offense - Birdsong and Emanuel Beal; (I hope Beal surprises and give us another big weapon.)

Defense - Tommel One (We need a strong presence on DL)

Freshman Surprsie. - Marquis Couch

bbcard, please do not mention injuries. We have been virtually major injury free. I don't even remember a torn up knee the last three years. Maybe it is luck, maybe it is Coach Sinclair. Oh wait, McKelvey, but still you get my point. I remember pre Doc guys getting lost for the year in the Spring.

Coach Cochran was the reason. He was all about strength but not so much on conditioning and flexiblilty. Plus the previous Athletic trainers was terrible. It is night and day what a S&C coach and training staff can do when they actually know what they are doing

Why is everyone overlooking Ohio U.... Solich is not one we should overlook in my opinion. Holiday does not have a huge successful track record in the head to head match ups.

We should win 9 or 10 games this year and I consider that success for the program.

Breakout players.... Offense - Birdsong and Emanuel Beal; (I hope Beal surprises and give us another big weapon.)

We had much more talent then Ohio last year.

I don't see a team on the schedule with as much talent as us

I agree I don't know why anybody would be overlooking Ohio. Does anybody remember how the last two trips to Athens went for us? Doc seems to struggle to get us ready for that trip and that game. I say we go 10-2 losing at Ohio and having a hiccup against one CUSA team. I still say we make the championship game though and we win it.

I agree. Ohio will be a tough game. We always have a hard time in Athens. We have a better team but we are their big game and they will play us hard. I think we could lose 1-2 games this year, but if things go our way an undefeated season is a real possibility. Birdsong will have a big year and Foster will be right behind him

11-1. Can't say who I think we'll lose to, but I never predict undefeated seasons. Let's just say I think we'll drop one that we shouldn't at some point. Breakout players: Foster and/or the D lineman that had one huge game 2 years ago but then disappeared again. Johnson maybe?

ADVERTISEMENT