ADVERTISEMENT

Braxton Miller?

Nov 16, 2009
Any chance we could get him here? Urban and Doc have a working relationship . Reports are he is leaning towards Florida St. You know Urban would love him to go elsewhere. I seriously doubt it but would be interesting. Fun to think about.

No chance I would say. He was a legit Heisman candidate at OSU. Not happening.

ESPN says rumor is he is talking to FSU now. Urban says he'll be back at OSU.

Why would he go to Florida State is beyond me. They are bringing in 3 freshman All-American QBs plus McGuire and I think they have another freshman that's redshirted that's supposed to be nice.

If I was him I would look into Florida. If you can't beat out Treon Harris or Jeff Driskal then you are not that nice

IMO, Braxton would be crazy to stay at OSU. Vice versa, if he stays and OSU plans on starting him, they're crazy as well.

Rumor had it that he wanted to transfer to Oregon but osu wouldnt let him out of his scholarship. The next choice was possibly us. Because of Meyers connection with Doc he would have let him come here and also since we arent perceived as a threat to osu as much as Oregon.

Just a rumor. Personally i didnt think it was possible but its what I heard.

ESPN saying schools of interest are Oregan, Florida and a few others. Marshall not mentioned or considered. Sure it would be nice but we will be fine.

roll.r191677.gif

Originally posted by andy4theherd:

Originally posted by cstolz26:
roll.r191677.gif
Eric Kresser?
Completely different. First off Bob was on the staff at Florida and brought Kresser with him.

Kresser was beat out of the for the starting job. Braxton Miller was at one time a heisman candidate QB that was a 2 year stsrt at Ohio State.

This is just like when people thought Russel Wilson was coming here. If Miller transfers it is going to be to a top level P5 contender or he stays.

Originally posted by BleedsGreen33:

roll.r191677.gif
Eric Kresser?
Completely different. First off Bob was on the staff at Florida and brought Kresser with him.

Kresser was beat out of the for the starting job. Braxton Miller was at one time a heisman candidate QB that was a 2 year stsrt at Ohio State.

This is just like when people thought Russel Wilson was coming here. If Miller transfers it is going to be to a top level P5 contender or he stays.
i think there is 0.01% chance Miller even thinks about Marshall let alone comes here. i was merely pointing out to 'eer troll that we have had a very good P5 QB transfer here before...

Braxton Miller will be a graduate transfer so Ohio State technically has no say if he wants to transfer to Oregon or not.

Also I think Russell Wilson visited Marshall also.

Originally posted by MU1st:
Zyban transferred here. Why not Braxton Miller?
Well, Braxton is slightly better than Zyban was. He started for two years and probably can come back and start.

Originally posted by i am herdman:
Originally posted by MU1st:
Zyban transferred here. Why not Braxton Miller?
Well, Braxton is slightly better than Zyban was. He started for two years and probably can come back and start.
That and if I remember correctly Zyban was a local kid.

Originally posted by BleedsGreen33:

roll.r191677.gif
Eric Kresser?

i think there is 0.01% chance Miller even thinks about Marshall let alone comes here. i was merely pointing out to 'eer troll that we have had a very good P5 QB transfer here before...
Ah...gotcha

You guys are correct it's Zban.I knew that,late night.If I recall correctly wasn't he headed to medical school?

If Miller stays at OSU then why wouldn't the 3rd stringer leave? If OSU wins the title with a 3rd stringer then something has to give. All 3 QBs won't stay at OSU. If they do then check them for paying these guys.

What I don't get is how these big schools keep all these good QBs on the bench without them ttransferring. Look at OSU. They have 3 guys that could start anywhere essentially yet we would have never heard of their 3rd stringer had Miller and JT not gotten hurt. You have these kids who would rather sit the bench for 4 years rather than play somewhere else. Crazy.

IMO the only chance MU would have is because his family is close enough to Hton to come watch him play....so there is a chance even if it's a slight one. He could very well come out of spring at OSU as the #1 guy...who knows

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT