ADVERTISEMENT

Caldwell to UT official

I don't know for sure - but, heard the buyout for Caldwell's remaining 6 years totaled around $2,000,000

Reactions: Jartard
"The Daily Beacon obtained Caldwell's contract via a public records request, which shows her base pay as $750,000 and it will run through March 31, 2029. The University of Tennessee is also responsible for paying Caldwell's $600,000 buyout at Marshall. The contract totals five years for $3.75 million.

As for incentive compensation, Caldwell will receive $400,000 for winning the NCAA National Championship. She receives $200,000 for appearing in the title game, $150,000 for a Final Four berth, $100,000 for an Elite Eight appearance, $75,000 for a Sweet 16, $40,000 for a Round of 32 appearance and $25,000 for making the tournament."

https://www.utdailybeacon.com/sport...cle_aee1651c-f508-11ee-b96c-338bad252fe5.html

I believe I said Kim wouldn’t be here long because that’s the reality in today’s environment. And the response was she’s a West Virginia person, her husband’s job, something something.

That’s a damn great hire then. Regular season champs, tourney champs, NCAA bid…and paid $600,000 to boot. Let’s find the next big thing in the D2 ranks and let history repeat.
Why? Her assistant should serve well..

That’s a life changing opportunity in women’s sports. She couldn’t say no.
Of course she couldn’t say no. She was never going to say no. You take the next job that comes along and move on. Some people want to pretend that you have to stay at some institution out of a false sense of loyalty. In today’s coaching climate, the only thing that speaks is money.

Read the above post from the UT student newspaper. The reporter read Kim's UT contract under a FOI request and UT will pay Marshall a $600,000 buyout.
It said UT would pay up to $600,000. It didn't say that was the buyout. If it is more KC would be on the hook for it.

It said UT would pay up to $600,000. It didn't say that was the buyout. If it is more KC would be on the hook for it.
Im in Knoxville currently for my dad's birthday/retirement/the eclipse... The tv news said last night that UT was aware of the $600,000 buyout and they will be paying it in full.

As was pointed out above, this was a home run for Marshall... Kim gets hired, we pay her for one year, she takes our team from the basement to a conference championship and an NCAA tournament appearance, then we get $600k to pay her replacement for the next two years? -- We should sign up for that as often as possible. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT