ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Henderson Center

Nov 29, 2011
Has everyone recently seen what a mess the entrance to where the ticket office use to be downstairs at the Cam? It's been bad over the years and is getting worse. What is the crap that looks like grease buildup on the walk going in the door? $hit leaching out of the concrete above. But we still put banners on the outside like a band-aid trying to hide the mess. Maintenance has always been lacking at out facilities and this is a prime example.

Has everyone recently seen what a mess the entrance to where the ticket office use to be downstairs at the Cam? It's been bad over the years and is getting worse. What is the crap that looks like grease buildup on the walk going in the door? $hit leaching out of the concrete above. But we still put banners on the outside like a band-aid trying to hide the mess. Maintenance has always been lacking at out facilities and this is a prime example.
My question: what took you by there, since the ticket office has been relocated, there’s not a lot going on in that area during the summer?

"If you were not there, you would not have seen the shit oozing walls."
Actually, I was in that exact spot last Tuesday afternoon. Walked in to purchase tickets for the NC St game. Admittedly I didn’t pay close attention, but no shit oozing from walls was observed. I guess this is the type of thread to expect 45 days out from kickoff?

I would love to see the concourse around the cam redone.. ditch the fiberglass slightly transparent panels for a buildout to the sidewalk with new concessions and merchandise store.. big glass windows over looking 3rd new ground level entry.. would be nice

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
I would love to see the concourse around the cam redone.. ditch the fiberglass slightly transparent panels for a buildout to the sidewalk with new concessions and merchandise store.. big glass windows over looking 3rd new ground level entry.. would be nice
I was in the Cam last week and the main outside entrance is nasty. The sidewalk to the Parking Garage is potholed and the front facade is cracked and rusted. Temporary banners are hanging loose and have become eyesores. Surely, the administration can find a way to direct funds for repairs and upkeep. Cam Henderson would be sad to see the present shape of his legacy building.

I was in the Cam last week and the main outside entrance is nasty. The sidewalk to the Parking Garage is potholed and the front facade is cracked and rusted. Temporary banners are hanging loose and have become eyesores. Surely, the administration can find a way to direct funds for repairs and upkeep. Cam Henderson would be sad to see the present shape of his legacy building.
But wait what about the horse trough urinals at the Joan?😂

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
That was my point. With the ticket office no longer in use, what would bring someone into the bowels of the Old Man in the middle of the summer?
I went to watch basketball practice. The men reported back July 11. The Cam floor was being utilized for a volleyball camp and the men were in Gullickson. The Cam host a variety of camps during summer.

My question: what took you by there, since the ticket office has been relocated, there’s not a lot going on in that area during the summer?
Doesn't matter what took me there or the activity in that area. You must not go by the CAM very often. Go take a look at the friggin mess. This just didn't start. I have complained about whatever is growing from the ceiling and the concrete for a long time. Just poor maintenance very similar to the Joan. It's a lot easier to keep up with maintenance on an ongoing basis that having to rebuild and replace everything.

Reactions: mufan08
Actually, I was in that exact spot last Tuesday afternoon. Walked in to purchase tickets for the NC St game. Admittedly I didn’t pay close attention, but no shit oozing from walls was observed. I guess this is the type of thread to expect 45 days out from kickoff?
You must not be very observant. The crap is everywhere

That was my point. With the ticket office no longer in use, what would bring someone into the bowels of the Old Man in the middle of the summer?
Who even said anything about Old Main. It is Cam Henderson Center you know. Where they play with a ball thats says inflate 7-9 lbs and goes thru a orange hoop.

Yeap.. really time for a major overhaul… we won the conference and a NCAA tournament game.. we got a new very nice scoreboard… I guess we would have to go the final four to get a remodeled entry and concourse…

To sum up, paraphrasing the bandido bad guys from Bogey's "Treasure of the Sierra Madre": Routine maintenance? At Marshall, we don't need no stinkin Routine maintenance!!

• Haha

"You pick: lmproved urinals at the Joan or exterior upkeep of the Cam."

I love the stalagmite’s hanging off the concrete right before the entrance. Don’t have to go underground to see them.
Obviously goes without saying that back in the day you were the PIKE House Spelling Bee Champion!!!

Who even said anything about Old Main. It is Cam Henderson Center you know. Where they play with a ball thats says inflate 7-9 lbs and goes thru a orange hoop.
Cam Henderson….nicknamed the “Old Man”….Old Man = Cam Henderson.
Nobody mentioned “Old Main”, numb nuts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT