ADVERTISEMENT

Censoring

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
What's the deal with the rampant amount of censorship recently? This board thrived because the owners allowed the posters to moderate themselves for the most part. If anyone got out of line, they were called out on it by many posters.

Now, posts and entire threads are being zapped- not edited, not warned, but completely disappearing. It's happened on this board and the smack board.

I'm as liberal as they come. But, how can bigoted and anti-gay comments be zapped, but some of the most vile and racist posts imaginable repeatedly by marshall77 be left alone? Is it because his parents donated seven-figures to Marshall?

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
Yep, I remember when the smack board was completely unmonitored. Then Mark put his foot down on personal attacks, which was fine. The new moderator style is a little over the top. Kind of being the PC/morality cops.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
There was one thread here recently about a potential promotion for this year that was up for several days. It was mostly cordial by this board's standards, and I went to check in one day and it was gone.

I got warned for my language which was in response to meister's idiotic rants about the blackout game.

I don't even really understand the personal attacks...bunch of middle aged people getting all bent out of shape over someone whom they likely do not personally know, calling them out on something.

Honestly, I think it's because some people just have no control over their lives except this board...live and thrive on the farcical idea that they're somehow "better" than others and use it as much as they can on here.

Try posing some of these comments on Warchant. You think the thought police are heavy-handed here, you ain't seen nothing. They recently pulled our political board and talk of politics gets you a vacation. Our off topic board (The Locker Room) states the following:

Movies, music, television or anything not related to sports or politics is fair game here.

If you're interested in political discussion, most of our political posters formed a new board at www.bigdelivery.com.

What's the deal with the rampant amount of censorship recently? This board thrived because the owners allowed the posters to moderate themselves for the most part. If anyone got out of line, they were called out on it by many posters.

Now, posts and entire threads are being zapped- not edited, not warned, but completely disappearing. It's happened on this board and the smack board.

I'm as liberal as they come. But, how can bigoted and anti-gay comments be zapped, but some of the most vile and racist posts imaginable repeatedly by marshall77 be left alone? Is it because his parents donated seven-figures to Marshall?

I leave TITM alone except personal attacks (and even then it has to be real-life type stuff) but some of the crap going around about the Butler incident was just way over the top. As an admin group we've decided to try to mitigate the insanity.

None of us want that to be the norm and we're all hoping things can get back to normal.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoPuntIntended
I got warned for my language which was in response to meister's idiotic rants about the blackout game.

I don't even really understand the personal attacks...bunch of middle aged people getting all bent out of shape over someone whom they likely do not personally know, calling them out on something.

Honestly, I think it's because some people just have no control over their lives except this board...live and thrive on the farcical idea that they're somehow "better" than others and use it as much as they can on here.

I wish you could post without dropping multiple F bombs and personal insults because most of the time your stuff is brilliant.

I appreciate the moderation concerning this topic. Butler has garnered enough negativity for the program. No need for internet talking heads to be quoting some of our less informed posters in their "articles".

Why pull down entire threads? Can't the one or two offending comments be deleted?

I didn't understand the deletion of the Blackout thread either???

How do we get warned? By email? You all do not have my current email, I don't believe.
Up in the right corner is a little flag, it's usually red with a number, indicating the activity of the board in relation to something you've done (example, posting a response in a thread). The indicator lets you know something is going on.
Same thing happens when you get warned for language...except it's in the "e-mail" you have, being a user, I guess your e-mail is the same as your username sort of thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT