ADVERTISEMENT

COA...

I an a bit surprised there isnt a cap limit which now makes the P5's go against one another.

I also think this will put into motion the separation and possibly even new division formation. Only a few schools will have the economies to support this type of thing since all but roughly 24 schools are self suporting...and even some...barely break even as it is.

Yea really, it's only going to cost us $700,000 to provide full COA. That's nothing, you people are talking like we have to find millions to pay. $700k for ever scholarship athlete is doable for us

Yea really, it's only going to cost us $700,000 to provide full COA. That's nothing, you people are talking like we have to find millions to pay. $700k for ever scholarship athlete is doable for us

It's doable as long as Marshall's new president is willing to continue the practice of subsidizing 30% of the athletic department's budget with University general funds.

And I guess it's doable for WVU as long as the WVU athletic department keeps living off the obesity epidemic of its states residents.

Plus we already have one of our 2 billionaire donors committed to covering the COA

And I guess it's doable for WVU as long as the WVU athletic department keeps living off the obesity epidemic of its states residents.

Plus we already have one of our 2 billionaire donors committed to covering the COA

Great news, if true. Unfortunately, your animus toward all things WVU tends to cloud your perspective.

If it's all the same, I'll stick to my original assessment until I verify the facts on my own.

$700,000 isnt alot of .oney if a billionaire covers it...most likely could just set up an account for Marshall AD...labeled "COA" with a set amount...the interest is what pays the athletes...so the amount never really goes away.
I just find it interesting how this could play to our advantage in some instances of we approach this thing right.

I imagine several. But imagine being in an expensive city and your team doesnt have much support...

Great news, if true. Unfortunately, your animus toward all things WVU tends to cloud your perspective.

If it's all the same, I'll stick to my original assessment until I verify the facts on my own.

WVU lost money last year and they aren't self supporting as some would believe. How do they plan on covering the cost? Gotta come from somewhere.

I an a bit surprised there isnt a cap limit which now makes the P5's go against one another.

There technically is a cap limit, based on a set of criteria that is used to set the maximum COA amount that can be paid by a school to the student-athletes. Cost of living is calculated into the equation, and the amount differ in other areas based on the benefits that are covered with the initial scholarship versus the remaining cost of attendance. My guess is that the big schools will be able to exploit this in the future as they could set the initial scholarship coverage to be less and include the remaining payments in the COA, which would balloon the amount paid out. This would allow them to say to recruits, "our COA is larger than blank school, so we offer more", when the reality is the benefits are the same.

There technically is a cap limit, based on a set of criteria that is used to set the maximum COA amount that can be paid by a school to the student-athletes. Cost of living is calculated into the equation, and the amount differ in other areas based on the benefits that are covered with the initial scholarship versus the remaining cost of attendance. My guess is that the big schools will be able to exploit this in the future as they could set the initial scholarship coverage to be less and include the remaining payments in the COA, which would balloon the amount paid out. This would allow them to say to recruits, "our COA is larger than blank school, so we offer more", when the reality is the benefits are the same.

Good point...but we all know this is a smokescreen for TRUE benefits...cars, extra cash, etc.

LOL.

I think that its ironic that Saban is bitchin' about the outcome since the Bama COA will be thousands less than other SEC schools.

Note to Nick Saban: You started this shit. Of course, unintended consequences came from this shit. People told you so. Grow some balls and stop whining about the outcome. Deal with it.

It's doable as long as Marshall's new president is willing to continue the practice of subsidizing 30% of the athletic department's budget with University general funds.

From which ass did you pull those figures from ? The one on your face or the one you sit on all day ?

LOL.

Ear Resentment....let them rot away with their hatred and jealousy of all things Marshall.

GO HERD.

Oh, there is the rub; at its inception Tuition, Books, Room and Board was "meant" to be the coast of attendance. All those party and eating out, etc. expenses weren't considered to be part of the full cost of attendance; they were "add ons". Still are IMHO.

This issue wasn't created by colleges and universities, it was created by mass media and our insationable appetite for watching athletics on television. This is, as someone else already stated here, not FCOA, its "pay" for an athletes contribution to creating revenue from media outlets for a college or university.

And what's wrong with that? The NCAA, schools, TV media, and conference and bowl executives are making billions at the exploitation of Student-Athletes

And what's wrong with that? The NCAA, schools, TV media, and conference and bowl executives are making billions at the exploitation of Student-Athletes

Kids go to college voluntarily so I don't view it as exploitation. They know this is how they will showcase their skills and are provided an education in return. Many won't go on not play professional sports and a free ride is a nice thing to have.

So if it's not exploitation why do College coaches need to make over millions of dollars and conferences and the NCAA making billions??? That's exploitation

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT