ADVERTISEMENT

ECU

They are in the same boat as us trying to replace a star QB. They are just having a tough time.

I did bash them, then had a completely separate post about the crowd in which I never mentioned ECU, didn't think it'd be that diffucult to figure out. You know what they say about "assuming" don't you?

There may be 800 people at that game it's pathetic

The point. Excellent post.

THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!

Nothing says "college football in the South" like travelling 1000 miles to Connecticut to play on Friday night, against 100000 local HS football games, the World Series on Fox, a slightly better game on ESPN whatever, the NBA on ESPN real, the NHL on NBCSN, and the vast majority of people who have a life and don't watch TV on Friday nights on ESPN whatever, because ESPN is out of poker reruns and repeats of 30 for 30 investigates why are jockeys unusually short, before 800 people.

Oh what a mistake ECU made!

THE AMERICAN!!!!!! ECU and a random collection of fanless teams, IN (or near in UCAN'T's case) various big cites. And IGNORED IN every one. Fanless. Meaningless. Worthless.

Thank you MH for your leadership.

And Go Irish!

THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!

Nothing says "college football in the South" like travelling 1000 miles to Connecticut to play on Friday night, against 100000 local HS football games, the World Series on Fox, a slightly better game on ESPN whatever, the NBA on ESPN real, the NHL on NBCSN, and the vast majority of people who have a life and don't watch TV on Friday nights on ESPN whatever, because ESPN is out of poker reruns and repeats of 30 for 30 investigates why are jockeys unusually short, before 800 people.

THE AMERICAN!!!!!! ECU and a random collection of fanless teams, IN (or near in UCAN'T's case) various big cites. And IGNORED IN every one. Fanless. Meaningless. Worthless.

And Go Irish!
Imo ECU is in a conference that ESPN is comparing to the P5 on College game day today at Temple, an AAC member. Don't think they see it as a mistake.

THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!

And Go Irish!

Yeah... We play in front of empty stadiums just about every road game.

Charlotte? UNCC totally ignored there.

Miami? FIU/FAU pretty much ignored there.

Dallas? North Texas completely ignored there.

Nashville? Middle Tennessee ignored.

Houston? Rice completely ignored.

Yes Mike Hamrick, thank you so much for saving us from playing in a conference that currently has 3 top 25 teams while our conference has 0! You truly are a visionary!

Note: im not bashing mike Hamrick but the post i quoted made it seem that keeping us in C-USA somehow was an amazing act.

Reactions: HerdMan13
But the fact you are ignoring is that they didn't want us and still don't and all the whining in the world wont change that fact.

Reactions: ohio herd
I'm not whining and I'm fine with where we are. Yep, our conference sucks but there is nothing we could do about it. The OP made it seem like MH showed unbelievable leadership by turning down the American.

I seriously doubt we were ever formally invited. If so, Mike likely knew we didn't have the dollars for the exit and entrance fees. jmo

You do realize how big of a chore it is to hype up a team that hasnt been this good since the 1940's, right? Temple is a team with zero history, with anyone. Hell, UConn has had more football related success than Temple has at this point...hell, more than Memphis, Houston, and ecu as well.

PS

I doubt Hamrick was approached/rejected an invite.

I'm not whining and I'm fine with where we are. Yep, our conference sucks but there is nothing we could do about it. The OP made it seem like MH showed unbelievable leadership by turning down the American.

my apology...I misunderstood your post.

THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!

And Go Irish!

Wow. Just wow.

Imo ECU is in a conference that ESPN is comparing to the P5 on College game day today at Temple, an AAC member. Don't think they see it as a mistake.

ESPN has to hype up the game...did you happen to see the lineup of games over the weekend? They were pretty awful.
How many of the top 10 actually played?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT