ADVERTISEMENT

Fallout...

Herdstruck

Silver Buffalo
Apr 6, 2014
Given the nature of the events that idiot Butler did...and the fact it was a headline on ESPN's webpage today, as well as a headliner for several other countrywide media outlets...

Will there be any lingering social/political/media fallout from all of this?

Even reading the title just makes me cringe...

Due to the quick and decisive action I seriously doubt it. If anything some will probably applaud Marshall for getting rid of him but in reality it will probably just die over the next few days which is the best case scenario for Marshall.

Had they kept him then yes, there'd have been fallout.

Well, I hope so.
Seems like whenever someone makes negative headlines, the school is stuck with the social implications.
I'm glad they got rid of him as fast as they did, I'm sure he's likely going to be expelled from here (not sure if that's already happened or not).
I just thought with the sensitivity of everyone nowadays, they'd try to make it bigger than it already is.

Sorta sucks also, since ESPN a year ago, featured Marshall in a very positive light...

Due to the quick and decisive action I seriously doubt it. If anything some will probably applaud Marshall for getting rid of him but in reality it will probably just die over the next few days which is the best case scenario for Marshall.

Had they kept him then yes, there'd have been fallout.
How quick? The event happened on April 5, that is a month earlier than the action taken. Marshall was aware and sat on it.

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
How quick? The event happened on April 5, that is a month earlier than the action taken. Marshall was aware and sat on it.

based on his statement to the police (before being told about the video) he was pushed and felt "threatened" by the two guys. one would have to assume his story to the staff was the same . if that is all the staff had and were unaware of the video until recently what would you expect them to do? also, no charges were filed until now.

The staff didn't talk to the police. That doesn't mean they didn't cooperate per se. Maybe they were consulting legal counsel.

The staff didn't talk to the police. That doesn't mean they didn't cooperate per se. Maybe they were consulting legal counsel.

These are all just hypotheticals, but why would he have to consult legal counsel about that? It isn't that hard to just do the right thing.

Perhaps, as was suggested, he didn't cooperate because he wanted to protect the NFL chances of the driver. If that were the case, he will look like a huge hypocrite based on recent quotes of his in an unrelated story about the NFL draft which were recently published.

These are all just hypotheticals, but why would he have to consult legal counsel about that? It isn't that hard to just do the right thing.

Perhaps, as was suggested, he didn't cooperate because he wanted to protect the NFL chances of the driver. If that were the case, he will look like a huge hypocrite based on recent quotes of his in an unrelated story about the NFL draft which were recently published.

Aren't they all just hypotheticals?

Aren't they all just hypotheticals?

No. I can believe a reporter taking comments out of context. I can't see one blatantly fabricating them. I also can't see a reporter being creative enough to make-up fake quotes regarding the staff defending the potential NFL future of the driver and not helping the investigator.

Those not only seem plausible, but far too creative to be fabricated.

Rifle is now coaching God and all angels and everything involved in the universe and how it functions.

#teamstringtheory

So, how many other misdemeanor assaults with video went unreported on sports and other internet sites in the same time period? The whole incident could have been a setup by the gay guys. A 14 year-old kid in Florida was charged with a felony for changing a teachers computer background to be a "gross" picture of two guys kissing. That information made it as far as "Pink News."

Strange social value changes have indeed made it OK for ESPN to show the perverted, offensive and seemingly endless kissing between Michael Sam and his pretty boy friend on national TV after the Saint Louis Rams reluctantly agreed to draft a known gay into the National Football League with their last pick two years ago.

Gay population, before Bruce Jenner, in 2002 was reported in Gallup as 2-3% and in 2011 as 3.4% with rise coming from Millennials. That's less than 10 million in a population of 320 million. Go back to sleep. "To each his own," said the old lady as she kissed her cow.

Rifle is now coaching God and all angels and everything involved in the universe and how it functions.

This has nothing to do with coaching and everything to do with character. But, keep being an idiot and trying to find a link.

Rifle, I missed the announcement of your new staff. Where are you now?

I'm still living on the beach. I've had two FCS offers and an off-field BCS offer, but I can't commit anywhere until my situation is resolved. Two days ago, the school decided to settle and pay one of the other football employees, but my situation is far more complex for far more money, so I'm thinking it will drag on.

If they don't settle, which they have already made two offers to do, I would have to spend substantial time here for proceedings. I wouldn't be able to do that during the season which I have been completely up front about with other staffs.

So, how many other misdemeanor assaults with video went unreported on sports and other internet sites in the same time period? The whole incident could have been a setup by the gay guys. A 14 year-old kid in Florida was charged with a felony for changing a teachers computer background to be a "gross" picture of two guys kissing. That information made it as far as "Pink News."

Strange social value changes have indeed made it OK for ESPN to show the perverted, offensive and seemingly endless kissing between Michael Sam and his pretty boy friend on national TV after the Saint Louis Rams reluctantly agreed to draft a known gay into the National Football League with their last pick two years ago.

Gay population, before Bruce Jenner, in 2002 was reported in Gallup as 2-3% and in 2011 as 3.4% with rise coming from Millennials. That's less than 10 million in a population of 320 million. Go back to sleep. "To each his own," said the old lady as she kissed her cow.

It's embarrassing being associated with your kind, based on sharing a degree from and love for the same school.

When the state of WV and Marshall gets mocked and has a bad image, it is you who the rest of the country is pointing at.

No. I can believe a reporter taking comments out of context. I can't see one blatantly fabricating them. I also can't see a reporter being creative enough to make-up fake quotes regarding the staff defending the potential NFL future of the driver and not helping the investigator.

Those not only seem plausible, but far too creative to be fabricated.

Does the name Jayson Blair ring a bell? He fabricated quotes and entire articles, about huge national stories, in the New York Times.

I am not saying this Beast reporter fabricated quotes, but yeah it sure can happen.

Reactions: IslandHerd1
It sure can happen. But, when it does, those people who were attributed to the false quotes aren't hushed up, and the head guy (chief) doesn't avoid answering as direct of a question as can be asked about it.

It sure can happen. But, when it does, those people who were attributed to the false quotes aren't hushed up, and the head guy (chief) doesn't avoid answering as direct of a question as can be asked about it.

If the detective broke department policy, or it is alleged he did, and there is an internal investigation, it would make sense. We'll see...but something smells here.

Even in the old days we never got along much, rifle - simply because I lean hard right. As for Marshall's reputation, it is fine.

Here in Indiana we just got roasted and threatened by liberals for passing a freedom of religion law that matches the federal stature because the gays said we were after them. Unlike libs, we said in advance why the law was being considered - which was to put Christians on equal footing with Muslims. But the gays wanted attention, so they lied to get it and they had their friends do the same.

Lets end the group grope and put America back on the path of individual freedom instead of pretending that all blacks, all spanish-speakers and all homosexuals - minorities all for the time being - are treated badly by whitey. Time for dependency on government giveaways to end - but that will not happen until the crooks like Obama are run out of office.

Indiana has ended union domination with Right to Work passage, has repealed the Common Wage law, and has rescinded the right of public unions to negotiate wages. WV needs to do something about union domination as well with Obama killing off the coal industry. Everybody in the state needs to fight the weirder than homosexual folks, the environmentalists that would ban life-giving carbon dioxide.

There really are things that are more important than MarshalI's reputation. I don't get involved with the daily lives of gays and lesbians, nor do I normally say anything about their unnatural lifestyle, but the articles in The Daily Beast and BuzzFeed ticked me off. The BS about WV not having a hate crime law is beyond the pale - so tell me: Who can read another mind to determine hate?

Lets end the group grope and put America back on the path of individual freedom instead of pretending that all blacks, all spanish-speakers and all homosexuals - minorities all for the time being - are treated badly by whitey. Time for dependency on government giveaways to end - but that will not happen until the crooks like Obama are run out of office.

So you think that homosexuals, who in many instances can't marry who they love, can't visit their partners in the hospital, can't pass on their finances to their partners, etc etc, ARE being treated fairly?

So you think that homosexuals, who in many instances can't marry who they love, can't visit their partners in the hospital, can't pass on their finances to their partners, etc etc, ARE being treated fairly?

Man this crap gets old. I went to the hospital the other day to see a buddy of mine that had fallen ill. I walked in, went straight to his room visited for a few minutes and left. No one asked me if he or I was gay, no one asked his wife if she minded that I visit. I walked right into his room. So where is this gays can't visit people in the hospital stuff? Have hospitals started a gay detection unit like the TSA that we don't know of? And the can't leave finances stuff, what a load of shit, you can have a checking or brokerage account set up as a transfer on death and you can name whoever you want as beneficiary, same thing with life insurance,Ira etc.

Man this crap gets old. I went to the hospital the other day to see a buddy of mine that had fallen ill. I walked in, went straight to his room visited for a few minutes and left. No one asked me if he or I was gay, no one asked his wife if she minded that I visit. I walked right into his room. So where is this gays can't visit people in the hospital stuff? Have hospitals started a gay detection unit like the TSA that we don't know of? And the can't leave finances stuff, what a load of shit, you can have a checking or brokerage account set up as a transfer on death and you can name whoever you want as beneficiary, same thing with life insurance,Ira etc.

The family is often in denial that their son is gay and will refuse to acknowledge the partner, who has no legal connection as family if from a state that doesn't recognize gay marriages or civil unions. They obviously also don't have the financial benefits that come with marriage.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/11/gay-man-arrested-missouri-hospital_n_3060488.html

OK, here is the "fallout".

Nationally, the media has moved on. No body cares.

Recruits don't care. The fact that the coaches did the right thing in standing up for the other player(s) and did not rat anybody else out is good, and failure to do so would have been used against us.

The sports side of this is thus, over.

On to the politics.

The far left (personal appointee of Obama) US Attorney wants to be governor. That is why he is prosecuting people who were involved in accidents (Don Blankenship, Freedom Industries) as it they were criminals. If he thinks he can make some more hay out of this, he will prosecute it as a so-called "hate crime". But he has to resign by next March to run for governor and will be replaced by a caretaker until President Bush appoints his successor in Jan of 17. Clock will run out.

The state crime general punishment is, at worst a few days in the slam. That is what the perp, IF HE IS GUILTY AND THIS ISN'T SOME SETUP, will get. It ain't his first time in the slam and it probably won't be his last.

The idea that anybody in the Football Office has any obligation to talk to the police about anything is too stupid to comment upon. US Constitution, Amendment Five. Read it sometime. If a cop asks me whether to take 460 or 77 to get from Bluefield to Roanoke, I am not saying a thing unless presented with a document granting me absolute immunity for all acts from the beginning of time to date. The cops are not your friends.

The far left media (the Gag-zete) and the sodomite lobby and the trial lawyers have been trying to get "sexual orientation" added to the state's so-called Human Right Act for decades and will use this story to make as much hay as they can. Under the so-called HRA, the listed groups are given the special privilege of getting to complain about any bad thing that happens to them to this unelected board (not a judge and jury) and the job creator/landlord/businessman is automatically guilty. Yes, you get a kangaroo court hearing, but no one ever wins. So you own a garage or a store or whatever. You catch some guy goofing off and you fire him. End of story. Except he NOW claims you fired him because he was a sodomite and you are out a couple of $100K as a fine to teach you to think better. And you didn't even know he was a sodomite, or care. That is what they are after. $$$$$$$. As always. But, as the One Party Government is finally gone, nothing will happen.

Reading this thread; a few observations.

1. Some of you need to talk with someone professionally.
2. Part of personal freedom means if you are gay, you have a right to be gay. It doesn't apply to the far right.
3. Stop smoking pot. It's making you fat and paranoid.

Even in the old days we never got along much, rifle - simply because I lean hard right. As for Marshall's reputation, it is fine.

Here in Indiana we just got roasted and threatened by liberals for passing a freedom of religion law that matches the federal stature because the gays said we were after them. Unlike libs, we said in advance why the law was being considered - which was to put Christians on equal footing with Muslims. But the gays wanted attention, so they lied to get it and they had their friends do the same.

Indiana has ended union domination with Right to Work passage, has repealed the Common Wage law, and has rescinded the right of public unions to negotiate wages. WV needs to do something about union domination as well with Obama killing off the coal industry. Everybody in the state needs to fight the weirder than homosexual folks, the environmentalists that would ban life-giving carbon dioxide.

There really are things that are more important than MarshalI's reputation. I don't get involved with the daily lives of gays and lesbians, nor do I normally say anything about their unnatural lifestyle, but the articles in The Daily Beast and BuzzFeed ticked me off. The BS about WV not having a hate crime law is beyond the pale - so tell me: Who can read another mind to determine hate?

Amen! I am tired of the Muslims and gays dominating every aspect of our society. Just the other day, I was heading to a church softball game listening to the new Christian Rock station on the radio, when I was driving past First Baptist. Or was it First Methodist? Ahh well, there are like five churches within a mile of each other on that stretch of road, so it's easy to get confused. Anyway, I realized I had forgotten to pick up a gift for my nephews birthday later that day. So, I stopped by the Lifeway Christian store and got him something nice.

As I got back into my car, I decided to change the channel to Holy Spirit Radio to hear a bit of the good word. Just as I pulled out he parking lot, I see a freaking guy with a turban!!!!! WTF, the jerk comes to our country to steal my taxes and then wears camel terrorist crap. Well, I honked the horn, gave him the finger and told him to go back to Iraq. Not even a block later I see one of those militant gay skateboard kids, with a mowhawk and a shirt with the gay A round symbol thing on it. So, I scared the crap out of the little flamer by swerving at him.

It was then I realized, that as a straight christian white man that I am a victim of these people and need protection from the government. Otherwise, they will take over every aspect of my life and those lazy bastards might steal my disability check!

Last edited:
Anyway, I realized I had forgotten to pick up a gift for my nephews birthday later that day. So, I stopped by the Lifeway Christian store and got him something nice.

I was about to mock you based on this line for being the really cool uncle. Then, I realized I'm slow and caught on.

Reactions: BRZA
Women can't pee standing up....is that fair?

Female-Urination-Device-Pee-Standing-Up.jpg

Reactions: andy4theherd

I agree. I have thought this might be an option. Some gay kid at my son's high school set some guys up and

I heard we were after a big bull dyke that runs a 4.4 40 and hits like a Mack Truck. Think they are changing their mind and leaning towards a SEC school.

I heard we were after a big bull dyke that runs a 4.4 40 and hits like a Mack Truck. Think they are changing their mind and leaning towards a SEC school. Might hurt recruiting efforts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT