ADVERTISEMENT

Football tickets this season

Mike Gwinn

I'd rather be fishing.
Feb 26, 2002
Beckley, WV

The ticket office received their first shipment of printed tickets for the 2015 season. You notice two things... game day promos for every home game are prominently listed at the top of the corresponding ticket. That is something the fan base has been asking for so kudos to Aaron Goebbel and Ryan Crisp for being responsive to feedback!

Also notice the bar codes on the bottom of the tickets. In addition to being able to print off your tickets and having a mobile option, the staff will also be using scanners at the gates this season instead of tearing the stubs.

Reactions: NKY_HerdFan
Awesome! Looks like the improvements are going to help communications between the department and fans in terms of any special events going on that day.

It was an act of God to get these small changes. Glad they finally did it. We are now in the 21st century

So am I correct in saying that you don't even need your tickets at all? You can just pull out your phone and they can scan your phone for entry? That's great if it's true so people who may have forgotten or lost their ticket can just pull out their phone.

So am I correct in saying that you don't even need your tickets at all? You can just pull out your phone and they can scan your phone for entry? That's great if it's true so people who may have forgotten or lost their ticket can just pull out their phone.
That's how I understand it.

Awesome! Looks like the improvements are going to help communications between the department and fans in terms of any special events going on that day.

It is a good improvement and kudos to them. But not to piss in the cornflakes, that only will apply to season tix holders. They'll need to promote each special day/event well before the actual game or it will be lost on the majority of fans in the stands who get their tix the week of or go the walk up route.

And for those out of town and can't make it to the game, will they allow a transfer of the ticket via email? That would be sweet. That way tickets aren't going unused and seats are filled.

And for those out of town and can't make it to the game, will they allow a transfer of the ticket via email? That would be sweet. That way tickets aren't going unused and seats are filled.
For a $2 surcharge they can be transferred. I asked Aaron that very question.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT