ADVERTISEMENT

VIDEO FOR POST #10,000....

MU ATO

Platinum Buffalo
May 29, 2001
Earth
No video. LOL.

Just want to say thanks to HERDNATION.com. I’ve been a member here before it was Rivals. Seems like ‘99 maybe? Many of us on here didn’t know each other but over the years through various events and get together wether Marshall sports or other events we’ve had the pleasure to meet each other. There were of course many tailgates and road trips and through it all it’s been fun. Crazy to think that we’re coming up on TWENTY YEARS.

WOW

Anyway there have been many along the way whom have made HERDNATION.com the success that it is. Many worked behind the scene and of course those that have and still visit this website and talk sports, politics, life, and just about everything under the sun and beyond. I’m surprised it’s taken me this long to get to 10,000 posts, though I know the counter wasn’t always there and pretty sure we posts posts somewhere along the way.

So again THANK YOU HERDNATION!

GO HERD!

PS Screw WVU & F UCF.

You are correct buddy; 1999. We joined Rivals in 2007 I believe so the counter started for most then.

I can still remember you and murox with your baby faces before you were married.

It’s been amazing, crazy, fun, frustrating and everything in between but I wouldn’t trade it. I have close friends that will remain friends for life whom I met on here. Many don’t even post on here any longer. I still read every single day.

Congrats on 10,000 (since 2007).

giphy.gif

No video. LOL.

Just want to say thanks to HERDNATION.com. I’ve been a member here before it was Rivals. Seems like ‘99 maybe? Many of us on here didn’t know each other but over the years through various events and get together wether Marshall sports or other events we’ve had the pleasure to meet each other. There were of course many tailgates and road trips and through it all it’s been fun. Crazy to think that we’re coming up on TWENTY YEARS.

WOW

Anyway there have been many along the way whom have made HERDNATION.com the success that it is. Many worked behind the scene and of course those that have and still visit this website and talk sports, politics, life, and just about everything under the sun and beyond. I’m surprised it’s taken me this long to get to 10,000 posts, though I know the counter wasn’t always there and pretty sure we posts posts somewhere along the way.

So again THANK YOU HERDNATION!

GO HERD!

PS Screw WVU & F UCF.

MU ATO.
.....I am NOT saying I'm taking credit for the name==HERDNATION, however, I started referring to Marshall as Herd Nation way back [1998]....I used the title because of my love for the Boston Red Sox=====RED SOX NATION. Some earlier moderators, I think from Indianapolis....used the name Herd Nation to start this Forum. I must add...it was MUCH KINDER in its infancy.

HerdZilla22 (Gary Sweeney) in Charlotte

Last edited:
In our case, the term Herd Nation came about when a guy named MUther on goherd.com made shirts for all of us with our names in the back. I still have mine. We all referred to ourselves as Herd Nation. Fear the Herd! That was 1998.

That site joined the original Rivals that quickly went bankrupt. We had no place to post so we started letsgoherd.com but we still referred to ourselves as Herd Nation. That was 1999.

Eventually herdfanindy talked some random guy in Cincy who owned the HerdNation.com URL to give it to us. That was 2001 I believe.

None of us had ever heard of CarolinaZilla back then.

Reactions: Herd Fever
In our case, the term Herd Nation came about when a guy named MUther on goherd.com made shirts for all of us with our names in the back. I still have mine. We all referred to ourselves as Herd Nation. Fear the Herd! That was 1998.

That site joined the original Rivals that quickly went bankrupt. We had no place to post so we started letsgoherd.com but we still referred to ourselves as Herd Nation. That was 1999.

Eventually herdfanindy talked some random guy in Cincy who owned the HerdNation.com URL to give it to us. That was 2001 I believe.

I have always referred to my self as HerdZilla22......when I registered in [1998 or later]......for some reason I was called CarolinaZilla since a lot of Zillas were posting along the way.

Yes, it was herdfanindy & I think Cincy that "got the ball rolling" many years ago. I have wondered what happened to herdfanindy?

Sorta like Penn State was the first University to chant......We Are------Penn State. It caught on at Marshall during our So. Conference days....and we all know the "rest of the story."

Now everyone, even banks, major companies & other schools chant.....WE ARE------????

Gary Sweeney (HerdZilla22) in Charlotte

Last edited:
I know who you are Zilla. ;-)

Indy is my brother. I was the one who introduced him to the sites. We started HN together with the help of some other folks. Some of those originals eventually started Herdfans.com.

I still have my original HERD NATION shirt. Doesn’t fit wel but I can’t give it up.

Reactions: CarolinaHerdzilla

Indy is my brother. I was the one who introduced him to the sites. We started HN together with the help of some other folks. Some of those originals eventually started Herdfans.com.

herdftbfan....Yes one of the originals of Herdfans.com resides near Charlotte.....and we have friendly debates on Facebook...President Trump vs the Clinton Democrat Crooks...Did I just post something negative about Killery Clinton.

Zilla22

I still have my "Bleed Green....bleed Kelly green" long sleeve t-shirt from I think 2004?

Yeah, those we 2004. My son turned 10 that year and I have a picture of him and Goddard having birthday cake. My son was wearing that shirt.

herdftbfan........scratching my head to determine your real name? Do we tailgate together at HERD football games----since you said you know you :)?

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte (G Sweeney)

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT