ADVERTISEMENT

VIDEO Huff's North Texas Press Conference

Granted, Wells has had trouble with throwing ints this season, I am not excusing that. But it was obvious Saturday that the one was on the receiver that fell down. Funny how people just ignore those issues. It is fair to be critical of mistakes, but you got to recognize who actually made them sometimes.

Granted, Wells has had trouble with throwing ints this season, I am not excusing that. But it was obvious Saturday that the one was on the receiver that fell down. Funny how people just ignore those issues. It is fair to be critical of mistakes, but you got to recognize who actually made them sometimes.
Some will say he shouldn't have thrown it, but you're throwing the ball as Gammage is going into his break. The decision to throw is made before he fell down. Cato did the same thing at Ohio one year throwing to Demetrius Evans on one of the final drives of the game. As he was turning to throw Evans falls down and there's not stopping the throw.

Blaming the QB is the easy way out.

Reactions: KyMUfan
Certainly not excusing his INT blunders but more than one announcer on Saturday's college games said WR's need to become DB's on occasion and not let the defender catch the ball.

Certainly not excusing his INT blunders but more than one announcer on Saturday's college games said WR's need to become DB's on occasion and not let the defender catch the ball.
Our WR room needs an overhaul. Maybe Gammage will be that guy, but there isn't one DUDE out there. There is no Moss, Watts, Davis, or even Dobson that can take over. Gammage is a specimen at WR and shows flashes. Maybe it will click.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Man Wells is awful!! “Sarcasm” only 2,000 passing yards (4th in the nation btw) 64.6% completion percentage (49th in nation) yes, he leads the nation in INTs but I guarantee that won’t be the case by the end of the year. I’d much rather have a gunslinger at QB whose only going to get better as he gets more experience. I still think he’ll be in the NFL by the end of his career. GO HERD!!!

• Haha
Reactions: The Real SamC
Man Wells is awful!! “Sarcasm” only 2,000 passing yards (4th in the nation btw) 64.6% completion percentage (49th in nation) yes, he leads the nation in INTs but I guarantee that won’t be the case by the end of the year. I’d much rather have a gunslinger at QB whose only going to get better as he gets more experience. I still think he’ll be in the NFL by the end of his career. GO HERD!!!
The sad reality is in 1 1/2 years we really haven’t seen any improvement. If anything he’s digressed from the first 7 games off his career

Reactions: The Real SamC
Wells has the ability to make some incredible throws. He frustrates me because he'll make a damn near impossible throw and then turn around and miss a wide open receiver any avg QB could make. I would like to see someone work with his mechanics.

With that said. The kid is a gunslinger for sure. And I would rather have a gunslinger than the alternative.

Reactions: Herdfan1986
Our WR room needs an overhaul. Maybe Gammage will be that guy, but there isn't one DUDE out there. There is no Moss, Watts, Davis, or even Dobson that can take over. Gammage is a specimen at WR and shows flashes. Maybe it will click.
IMO we have more than enough talent to be very successful. To your point. No one is stepping up and taking leadership. Ahmed has really impressed me the last 2-3 weeks though.

Reactions: ilmherdfan
We know Talik Keaton is good, and still hurt. Anyone else with Keaton's talent injured at this point?

The offense is also taking more shots downfield than they did the first 7 games of his career. Deep balls are sometimes 50/50 unless you have Randy Moss. Preferably, I'd like to see more crossing routes, screens, etc....But the playbook has opened up more. No consistent deep threat. All y'all bitching about our QB were probably excited as he!! like i was when he threw that dime vs Appy.

Last edited:
The offense is also taking more shots downfield than they did the first 7 games of his career. Deep balls are sometimes 50/50 unless you have Randy Moss. Preferably, I'd like to see more crossing routes, screens, etc....But the playbook has opened up more. No consistent deep threat. All y'all bitching about our QB were probably excited as he!! like i was when he threw that dime vs Appy.
Most people can be objective and be happy when something good or great happens yet at the same time be critical of all the mistakes. Ive said wells looks like excellent at times and then sometimes looks like my 5 year old. CONSISTENCY IS KEY and right now we aren’t seeing it.

19/24 2 passing TDs and 2 rushing TDs and that’s the first half still regressing?
Let’s see what the second half brings. As I and others have stated multiple times. He looks great then looks like straight trash homey. He’s got to learn to be consistent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT