ADVERTISEMENT

I am herdman

No we didnt, you keep bringing up the divide and you keep dancing around my question. Between you and Raleigh you keep bringing up this "divide" or how dangerous it is and I want to know what EXACTLY you mean by it.

No we didnt, you keep bringing up the divide and you keep dancing around my question. Between you and Raleigh you keep bringing up this "divide" or how dangerous it is and I want to know what EXACTLY you mean by it.

I don't ever talk about a "divide" specifically. But since you brought me up, I'll ask you. why would you inquire about a "divide" you seem to question or deny in one thread, and then start another about the challenges of whites discussing race. You admittedly mock sharpton, Jackson race baitors repeatedly,(essentially all those that jump on their bandwagons) only to then question a "divide"?

The very things you are attempting to discuss and point to simply don't exist in a vacuum. What do you believe it is?

Sharpton and Ol Jesse like you said bait for the divide but then again its because of their experiences dealing with white people especially Jesse since he was on those front lines in the 60's. My issue with them is they disappear when it comes to Black on Black issues that don't involve white people or try to blame white people for black issues. If they want to be the voice of black people at sometime they need to step up and say Black people need to do better and fix our own problems instead of marching and carrying on when it only involves race. That is my main issue with those too.

You have also stated on multiple occasions that the cops are out get the blacks.

Cops are in general more suspicious of black people than white people. Whether or not the statistics support being that way don't mean a whole lot to a black guy that didn't do anything wrong.

Cops are in general more suspicious of black people than white people. Whether or not the statistics support being that way don't mean a whole lot to a black guy that didn't do anything wrong.

And it what does it mean to the cop who is doing his job? What would you do? Wait, who commits most of the crime in this neighborhood. Wait, who is shooting people. Wait, who is stealing and who is in gangs in this neighborhood?

What would you do?

Like a black dude named Fever, that spent a night in jail for having a suspended license (he "didn't know about") and not actually having the drugs (he admits to using).......

Of course he obviously didn't mention "WHY" he got pulled in the first place. Probably had nothing to do with anything illegal either. Cops out trolling for blacks in the hood.

I was sitting in my car on a dead end street listening to music and I had my keys in the ignition. That is why the cops rolled up on me point blank. Anyone who doesn't believe that cops treat black people different innocent or not is delusional and don't really know what its like to be black in America

Reactions: pj(HN)
I was sitting in my car on a dead end street listening to music and I had my keys in the ignition. That is why the cops rolled up on me point blank. Anyone who doesn't believe that cops treat black people different innocent or not is delusional and don't really know what its like to be black in America

The cops would also roll up on a white dude sitting in their car on a dead end street listening to music. If you were a cop, wouldn't you find that to be odd? Someone just sitting aimlessly at the end of a dead end street listening to Foghat music?

It's all relative to where you happen to live. For example, if you were sitting in a parked car on a dead end street in an area that has a history of crime, drug traffic, etc, then yes, you would look suspicious. I mean, who the hell sits in a parked car at the end of a dead end street? However, if you were sitting in a parked car up Crow Holler down Beckwith, WV, then they may opt to give you a pass.

Its Long Island, a black guy just sitting in his car listening to music no matter the neighborhood is suspecious

Holy shit, maybe I'm black. Cops have approached me at lakes, parks and down by the river back home just for sitting there listening to my dead hick music.

Nobody does that. It's weird and suspicious. People think I'm waiting to make drug deals or something. I understand that. Most people are at home with their stupid ass loved ones. Since I can't really stand people, I have to get on with life without them and it's always going to be weird.

At least now I've moved on to just spending idle time driving up and down the interstate for hours listening to the hicks instead of just sitting still. It's a way to waste some of this money I'm just hoarding for nothing.

Because that's my personal business maybe?? I don't need to justify why I want to sit in my car, escape life and listen to music. Maybe I don't want to deal with my parents telling me to keep my music down? Maybe at 29 years old, I should be able to park somewhere and listen to music and mind my business

Not on a street though. Come on, that looks suspicious as hell. Even I wouldn't do that. At least go to a park. Even a big parking lot like a mall or Wal Mart. You can at least act like you're waiting on someone.

I'm starting to think I'm getting my leg pulled here. Only shut-ins and exiled antisocial bastards like me sit in a car alone listening to the radio.

Its Long Island, a black guy just sitting in his car listening to music no matter the neighborhood is suspecious
Well, New York is one of the most racist places on earth. Sadly, those New Yorkers have infiltrated the South, and brought their racist views with them, which in turn, gives a black eye to the good people of the South.

Maybe I don't want to deal with my parents telling me to keep my music down? Maybe at 29 years old

Damn, 29 and still living at home? I was 24 before I was able to escape the madness of relatives and family members I couldn't stand to be around. I wouldn't have lasted another five years without killing myself. I got the degree and packed up the Vega and moved to a one bedroom apartment in Cross Lanes, which is one of the worst places on earth to live. I didn't care though, because I found recluse in the one bedroom apartment, far enough where they wouldn't spend $3.00 in gas to visit. Life was good until a guy from Fayetteville moved in 3 doors down. He drove me nuts until my lease was up, and I found myself moving again. He did have a decent Atari system though.

Not on a street though. Come on, that looks suspicious as hell. Even I wouldn't do that. At least go to a park. Even a big parking lot like a mall or Wal Mart. You can at least act like you're waiting on someone.

I'm starting to think I'm getting my leg pulled here. Only shut-ins and exiled antisocial bastards like me sit in a car alone listening to the radio.

You get the same harassment if your randomly sitting in a mall parking lot when it is empty

Damn, 29 and still living at home? I was 24 before I was able to escape the madness of relatives and family members I couldn't stand to be around. I wouldn't have lasted another five years without killing myself. I got the degree and packed up the Vega and moved to a one bedroom apartment in Cross Lanes, which is one of the worst places on earth to live. I didn't care though, because I found recluse in the one bedroom apartment, far enough where they wouldn't spend $3.00 in gas to visit. Life was good until a guy from Fayetteville moved in 3 doors down. He drove me nuts until my lease was up, and I found myself moving again. He did have a decent Atari system though.

Rent is ridiculous. For a decent 1 bedroom that isn't crap and have some of the utlilites included and not live in the hood, you are looking at about $1500 and that is the least. So either live at home rent free, or struggle and be independent. That is why so many New Yorkers are leaving the state

I wish I can go back to paying $600 a month in rent but that isn't happening in NY unless your on section 8 and living in the hood

Rent is ridiculous. For a decent 1 bedroom that isn't crap and have some of the utlilites included and not live in the hood, you are looking at about $1500 and that is the least. So either live at home rent free, or struggle and be independent. That is why so many New Yorkers are leaving the state

But I thought you had a "hot piece of Mexican tail to tap each night."

Are you doing that in your car at the end of the street, too, while listening to music and escaping life?

No dick, she does have her own separate part of her parents house. For coming here as illegal immigrants, her parents have done pretty well for themselves. That being said, sometimes I want to escape her too

I agree that if you are selective about the places (and time) you hang out you can avoid a lot of issues with the police...whether you're black or white. But if you believe that blacks aren't looked at more suspiciously than whites you are extremely naive. The real questIon is who is at fault for this...a racist white society that stacks the deck against blacks or an element of the black culture that is left unchecked by their own for criminal behavior? The answer isn't black and white (no pun intended). There is fault on both sides.

The problem with this kind of argument here is that people on both sides of argument have developed a petty adversarial relationship on these boards so therefore honest and fair discourse can't happen. Fever has admitted on other threads that he feels blacks need to do a better job of holding themselves more accountable. That isn't a victory for the "we're going to ship them back" posters on here. (Christ...I can't believe that people actually say that stuff.) That's someone making an attempt at fairness.

Will never happen, but I wish people on here would drop all the faux anger and pettiness between yourself and other posters and debate the ideas rather than the people who present them. You guys can resume your ad hominem argument. I'm returning to Utopia.

Reactions: Herd Fever
I agree that if you are selective about the places (and time) you hang out you can avoid a lot of issues with the police...whether you're black or white. But if you believe that blacks aren't looked at more suspiciously than whites you are extremely naive. The real questIon is who is at fault for this...a racist white society that stacks the deck against blacks or an element of the black culture that is left unchecked by their own for criminal behavior? The answer isn't black and white (no pun intended). There is fault on both sides.

The problem with this kind of argument here is that people on both sides of argument have developed a petty adversarial relationship on these boards so therefore honest and fair discourse can't happen. Fever has admitted on other threads that he feels blacks need to do a better job of holding themselves more accountable. That isn't a victory for the "we're going to ship them back" posters on here. (Christ...I can't believe that people actually say that stuff.) That's someone making an attempt at fairness.

Will never happen, but I wish people on here would drop all the faux anger and pettiness between yourself and other posters and debate the ideas rather than the people who present them. You guys can resume your ad hominem argument. I'm returning to Utopia.

Someone applaud this man. He obviously gets it

The left unchecked element of the black culture that feeds the stereotypes of White Supremacy is where I have my faults with todays "Black Leaders." Instead of pointing out what are we doing wrong in the black community, they(not me) always wants to point out how whitey has done us wrong. They(once again not me) have gotten complacent by the free government handouts passed down by generation to generation. You mix that with todays Instant gratification world and you have the number 1 problem in the black community. Everyone wants to be a rapper, or an athlete, or a drug dealer but nobody wants to put in that work to get a degree, buy a suit, and go on a real interview. I had to cut off a lot of my old friends because they had a different mindset on life like me.

It's all a whiner's game here. Nobody is going to change their ways. TV is a lie. All that acceptance and embracing garbage? It's fake.

In the real world, you have to take things for what they are and get on with it. Yeah, it would be nice if this and if that. If this and if that ain't happening. You've got to go for whatever you want despite it all, or you don't really want it.

I know what I really wanted. Out of that hellhole and to kick the asses of those idiots who thought I'd never amount to shit. Kicked their asses and the celebration is on with countless cans of pop.

The hypocrisy and sheer comedy that fever's posts inadvertently create is great.

Let's review:

He doesn't associate with anyone who doesn't vote, pay taxes, or have a job (I can't remember if the third one was correct).

Yet, fever "taps a hot piece of Mexican ass" each night at her parents house while they are in the next room watching wheel-of-fortune before he goes home to his parents house.

He calls a highly successful surgeon Uncle Tom for not pandering to the lower level of black society.

Yet, fever claims to have cut off lifelong friends because they had a different mindset on life.

He blames blacks for blaming whites for stereotypes against them and not taking responsibility for being partially to blame for those stereotypes.

Yet, fever admits to frequently smoking weed, recently spending a night in jail for breaking the law, and blasting his music at loud volume from his car.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
I have 2 sons, one almost 37, and the other just turned 32. I'd have no problem with either or both of them living with us here at the house. I get to see them pretty often, but I miss them all the other times.

How do we know that? The same job here would pay a lot more in New York. Living at home is something you do with a shitty paying job or blowing money on a bunch of foolishness.

Living at home is bumming off your parents. That's another reason why I don't even go back and stay on weekends anymore. Felt like a bum. The old man wouldn't let me give him money for lodging. I'm not going to be a bum. I'll live out of a dumpster before I let him buy me another damn thing.

I'm not going to mock fever for having to live at home. Perhaps, he graduated late and is just trying to save some money in his first few years out of school. But, it also should show him his life experiences should limit his opinions on here. Besides, there are so many other easy things to mock him about.

I will call him out for his latest post though. There are many places far more expensive than Long Island. You aren't living in the hamptons or the upper east side. San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, DC, Honolulu, San Jose, and possibly even Seattle, San Diego, Miami, and Oakland are nearly impossible to find a one bedroom not in the ghetto with some utilities paid for less than $1500.

In CA it's fairly common for people to live at home pretty late. A one bedroom starts at $1250 where I'm at and that's for a not nice place. It's also partially a cultural thing.

A culture of bumming and the sackless parents who cave in and let it happen. The enablers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT