ADVERTISEMENT

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

Mike Gwinn

I'd rather be fishing.
Feb 26, 2002
Beckley, WV
Anyone dropping the $100 on pay per view this Saturday? I really don't have any idea who will win this fight. I enjoy watching both. Who do you think will win?

The girlfriends father is ordering the fight(I'm paying half)

It will be Mayweather defense and counter punching vs. Pacquiao Offensive barge. Can the defense hold up during the first 5 rounds or will Pacquiao force Mayweather open up and get away from his gameplan by making him fight and be more offensive.

Mayweather by Unamious decision

Reactions: Mike Gwinn
If I didn't have a race Saturday, I'd get the PPV. Here's my question...you reckon they'll give refunds on the POV if one of em backs out? I don't really think that'll happen at this point, it just seems like a fight destined not to take place!

May weather is everything that is wrong with sports. With that said he is one of the greatest boxers ever. Manny Paq will lose. I don't think he gets knocked out but I hink he fight will be stopped late.

If I didn't have a race Saturday, I'd get the PPV. Here's my question...you reckon they'll give refunds on the POV if one of em backs out? I don't really think that'll happen at this point, it just seems like a fight destined not to take place!

Yes, but that won't happen at this point. The cost could literally push the billions of this fight not happening.

Reactions: Incognito28
This fight is 5 years to late, Floyd ducked him long enough. I think Manny takes it though, his style is very hard to contend with and Floyd does not have the power to keep him off him.

Not a big Mayweatehr fan either. If he can withstand the flurry in the first 4-5 rounds, I think he wins late. If this goes the distance Mayweather wins. Pacquaio will need to take him out.

This fight is 5 years to late, Floyd ducked him long enough. I think Manny takes it though, his style is very hard to contend with and Floyd does not have the power to keep him off him.

Ducked??? Blame Bob Arum not Mayweather

A lot of the BW3s opted out on the fight because their cost was going to be $5,100 per store. This is one of the reasons it's a dying sport, you used to get all kinds of interesting fights, not you get the one fight that excites the casual fan and you price a lot of people out of the market. Not a great way to try and rebuild a fan base.

Mayweather literally danced circles around Pacquaio and Pacquaio couldn't catch him. He did contact Mayweather and stunned him

If there was one thing I wish boxing did...it would be to show scores at the end of each round instead of the end of the whole damn fight.

I dropped the money to watch this fight. I can officially report that boxing, in America, is dead.

Mayweather hugged and ran and still in the eyes of the judges won....Pac landed more MEANINGFUL punches, watched the replay twice and not sure how this fight wasn't as fake as Dolly Parton's rack---i remember championship bouts like the one this was supposed to be having two cut and bruised fighters battling until the end, this was not a good fight and was a major dissapointment

If you don't watch Boxing and Mayweather fights in the past, then you don't know boxing and how Mayweather fights. For Mayweather to only allow Pacquio to land 86 punches the whole fight is an accomplishment. Plus Mayweather throw less punches and landed more of them. The object of boxing is to NOT get him, make the other fighter miss, impose YOUR style of fight and take the other fighter out of him. Mayweather once again imposed his gameplan. Do I wish Mayweather would have exchanged more punches with Pacquio but why bother when you can make him miss and win on the cards??? He isn't in their to put on a show and get hit, he is in there to win and make ALOT of money and stay pretty.

Mayweather did what he has done his whole career and he won the fight... But this "fight" may be the final nail in boxings coffin in the USA. The public hated it, the purists were indifferent and a self proclaimed asshole, won by not getting hit. Boxing needed Hagler-Hearns (agruably the best 9 minutes in the sports history) and it got Dela Hoya-Trinidad (arguably the worst "fight" in the sports history).

Reactions: herdfan429
Mayweather did what he has done his whole career and he won the fight... But this "fight" may be the final nail in boxings coffin in the USA. The public hated it, the purists were indifferent and a self proclaimed asshole, won by not getting hit. Boxing needed Hagler-Hearns (agruably the best 9 minutes in the sports history) and it got Dela Hoya-Trinidad (arguably the worst "fight" in the sports history).

Bingo Rhino. This fight pulled the plug on boxing. boxing needed excitement to draw in the average fan and some new fans. It got an episode of Sesame Street with gloves.

Mayweather hugged and ran and still in the eyes of the judges won....Pac landed more MEANINGFUL punches, watched the replay twice and not sure how this fight wasn't as fake as Dolly Parton's rack---i remember championship bouts like the one this was supposed to be having two cut and bruised fighters battling until the end, this was not a good fight and was a major dissapointment
No Pac did not land more meaningful punches. He threw more punches, most of them missing. Mayweather landed nearly double the meaningful punches while throwing fewer. You can look it up. Don't listen to the crowd or even watch how many punches he threw. It really wasn't even close.

Mayweather was obviously the better fighter. That is what makes Mayweather good, he doesn't make mistakes and he is perhaps the best defensive fighter that I have ever seen or maybe in history. Mayweather had a better strategy and clearly won in my book.

I am not saying it was a great fight, but Mayweather won rather easily in my opinion. This was not Herns vs Hagler or Sugar Ray vs Hagler by any stretch of the imagination. I watched boxing a lot growing up and don't follow hardly at all now. I watched the fight and to Mayweather is just better than Pac Man. You could tell that in about round 3 or 4 that the fight was basically over.

I say clone Mayweather.
Mayweather vs. Mayweather. Now that would be something to watch.

I do't know boxing, but I've learned being the best defenseive fighter ever means "running and hugging with an rare counter."

Herdman mayweather is not a fighter, unless he's beating up women, he's a boxer in the truest sense of the word.

Here is the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight recreated as a Mike Tyson's Punch-Out! fight.

Honestly...I can see why people are pissed off.
They pay good money to see something exciting.
Mayweather's style of boxing is Tressels style of coaching.

Boring as hell.

Does it win? Sure. Is it a smart approach? Yeah. But nobody is a fan of it and it brings into question your actual ability against someone who comes out with tremendous offense.
Sad thing is, Manny 5 years ago would've been much, much better and probably had beaten Floyd.
But now, the idea of Boxing's biggest Cashcow being knocked out is frowned upon and thus, his style is accepted as being superior when truly...it isn't. Its just good against mediocre competition.

Even worse is Floyd is protected by boxing due to his revenue draw...even sadder when he hits women.

Floyd and Many should have fought with masks on because they stole $200 million.

Herdman mayweather is not a fighter, unless he's beating up women, he's a boxer in the truest sense of the word.

OK, fighter, boxer, whatever. Give Mayweather his credit where it is deserved. He is the best defensive fighter I have seen in some time. You can't beat Mayweather because you can't score easily and that is why he is so dang good. He won that fight easily. Was it a great fight? No, but the fight was not close. People think because Manny threw a zillion punchess that is better. No, you have to land punches.

Mayweather only fights aggressively when it's a woman. Maybe Manny should have worn a dress.

I know and understand how Floyd boxes and it's boring. I have watched several of his fights and not one time have I come away feeling like I got my monies worth.

Boxers used to be showmen. Ali, Forman, Jones Jr, Tyson, and the like put on a show. Floyd collects the check.

Bleeds you wanna know boxing? Watch espn classics. Your generation produced zero.Its not even right to use mayweather in the same sentence as Ali.

That's why many boxing experts don't even put Mayweather , an undefeated fighter , in the Top 10 of All-time Pound for Pound fighters.

The only reason the fight was successful financially was people hoping to see Mayweather pounded.

As said this fight should have been years ago. I never have and never will pay to see Mayweather, unless he loses badly,then I will gladly pay good money for the rerun.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT