ADVERTISEMENT

Micro aggression

greengeezer

Platinum Buffalo
Dec 25, 2007
They opened a new Starbucks in my area and I decided to give it a try. Considering the cars in the parking lot and the dress of the people in line, the shop must have drawn every Yuppie within a 30 mile radius. Women in flowered dresses, sandals and sunglasses; men who looked more feminine than the women.

I got my tea and a chocolate croissant and looked for a seat. The seating design was a single long bench that went across the entire store with fixed tables in front of it. Movable chairs were on the other side of the tables. Large windows were behind the bench.

I don’t know what architectural firm came up with the design, but it was obvious that they had never concerned themselves with how the building was oriented with the sun. The brightness hit me right in the face in my seating location.

The windows did have those large roller shades that block sun but you can still see through the loose weave. I stood up and adjusted the shade to my preference.

A lady with a group of the Yuppies two tables down turned toward me and said in a condescending tone, “We prefer the shade open.”

I pleasantly replied, “ I prefer the shade closed because the sunlight is in my face and I’m bigger than you.”

She took a picture of me with her phone camera. I’m probably on some message board where they discuss toxic masculinity.

Last edited:
Bud Lite was a gateway drink for tea and chocolate croissants.
11669298.gif

They opened a new Starbucks in my area and I decided to give it a try. Considering the cars in the parking lot and the dress of the people in line, the shop must have drawn every Yuppie within a 30 mile radius. Women in flowered dresses, sandals and sunglasses; men who looked more feminine than the women.

I got my tea and a chocolate croissant and looked for a seat. The seating design was a single long bench that went across the entire store with fixed tables in front of it. Movable chairs were on the other side of the tables. Large windows were behind the bench.

I don’t know what architectural firm came up with the design, but it was obvious that they had never concerned themselves with how the building was oriented with the sun. The brightness hit me right in the face in my seating location.

The windows did have those large roller shades that block sun but you can still see through the loose weave. I stood up and adjusted the shade to my preference.

A lady with a group of the Yuppies two tables down turned toward me and said in a condescending tone, “We prefer the shade open.”

I pleasantly replied, “ I prefer the shade closed because the sunlight is in my face and I’m bigger than you.”

She took a picture of me with her phone camera. I’m probably on some message board where they discuss toxic masculinity.
Next time bring a pair of sunglasses they are great for keeping the sun out of your eyes. I do believe I have seen some big strong baseball players wearing them.

You guys worry about the smallest things I ever saw. But I can tell you this much real men do not attack very older men for the fun of it.
Being real the reference to “big strong baseball players” almost made me think you might’ve been screwing with us this whole time, it’s just so weird and out of place haha

• Haha
Reactions: GeauxHerd
But I can tell you this much real men do not attack very older men for the fun of it.

First off, I'll have you know, I put the "MAN" in Pullman.

Secondly, this is Pullman Country. Anybody is fair game to get made fun of and have their balls busted for saying dumb things. You should feel honored that we bother.

Reactions: ohio herd
"I would think Democrats would be more likely to like the transitional lenses. They sure like everything else that transitions.
"Most republicans can't see anything unless it's with those type lenses." Thanks for making my point.

Seems like an ideal time for me to pause this thread for a moment, just to thank you for being a friend

There's absolutely nobody in this world that respects you, including immediate family, and there's never been a time when you've even attempted to gain any respect.

There's absolutely nobody in this world that respects you, including immediate family, and there's never been a time when you've even attempted to gain any respect. @extragreen

Y’all called each other. Don’t try to hide your endearments towards @MichiganHerd

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT