ADVERTISEMENT

"Momentous announcement" during Homecoming football game?

Stuff that was pretty much already known. Big fireworks display to tell us they're doing a campaign for campus improvement including a baseball stadium. They've raised 105 mil of their 150 mil goal and now it's out turn to pitch in.

After the fireworks everyone thought something big was going down then everyone was like "what???".

I mean it was all out to announce they want donations.

Yep.... LAME

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
The funny part is, I thought making it known they had an announcement just to let everyone know they were breaking ground on a school addition or baseball stadium was lame... but it wasn't even close. It was asking for more money. Cool Story Bro!

I love this fan base and the general Huntington gentry. Actually offended that someone politely asked them for some money.

MU made an, admittedly not new, announcement of academic growth and athletic growth.

MEMO: Without Marshall, Huntington is Flint. A cesspool of lifewelfarist druggies and a few old widow women living out their final years on their husband’s pension from a long shut factory. Instead, while we have problems, we have a vibrant growing university that directly employs thousands in good jobs and indirectly employs thousands more; and a regional health care center that pumps outside money in here, and might just save your life. It needs some help, help the WVU dominated state government isn’t going to give. Pony up.

Without MU sports, the local sports scene is what? HS sports, the WV Power, and 2 1/2 hour drives to see the Reds?

It is sad to see how some of you will spin everything into a negative. There are a lot of positives to be happy about right now. Try the glass half full approach sometime.

Reactions: Herdmeister
I have no problem with them asking for donation... but trying to garner excitement but proclaiming a big announcement, only to simply ask for money, is pretty annoying.

That's like my wife telling me she has a big surprise when I get home, and when I get there she tells me we're having green beans for dinner. WhooHOO!

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT