ADVERTISEMENT

My take on the Confederate Flag

Herd Fever

Platinum Buffalo
Sep 25, 2008
Honestly, I don't understand why after all these years, people now want to raise a stink about the flag. Let the ignorant racist ass traitors keep their flags under the disguise of "Southern Pride and Heritage"

This new age hipster PC crowd only wants to show face when something happens. Nobody gave a shit 3 weeks ago about the Flag.

Thanks. I'll let you keep yours as well.

latest

YES!!!! because you know that flag was used to intimidate white people. Its not even a flag that was used by the Confederate State of America. It wasn't even used the way it is today until the 1940 as a sign of segregation NOT Southern Pride and Heritage. Look it up the Conferderates used 3 different flags. But what is funny is people that live in West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Ohio will have the flag and they are states that fought for the Union not the south

Honestly this has been an issue in South Carolina and Mississippi for years. Recent events have only now brought it to national attention.

You can still stick it on your car , fly it outside your house, or wear it on the t-shirt. No one is taking away your freedom of expression......It just has no business being flown on government property or in a public university.

Rednecks are just pissed that they won't be able to buy it at Walmart anymore.

Honestly this has been an issue in South Carolina and Mississippi for years. Recent events have only now brought it to national attention.

You can still stick it on your car , fly it outside your house, or wear it on the t-shirt. No one is taking away your freedom of expression......It just has no business being flown on government property or in a public university.

Rednecks are just pissed that they won't be able to buy it at Walmart anymore.

Redneck is a derogatory term. Anyway, that right is not taken away yet. But, it will probably become a hate crime.

How is redneck a derogatory term when it was West Virginians fighting against Union busters who made it up??

Only 4 states officially flew the flag or incorporated it in their state flag. A few other states allowed you to order a special license plate.

It had been an issue in those states for years........Why do you think the flag was moved in South Carolina in the first place?

The time has come.......Besides, it's not a pride flag, it's a we got our asses kicked flag.

Removed??? You mean moved down from on top of the Capital building to the street level?? That's not removed

How is redneck a derogatory term when it was West Virginians fighting against Union busters who made it up??

The term redneck is chiefly used for a rural poor white person of the Southern United States. It can be a derogatory slang term similar in meaning to cracker (especially regarding Georgia and Florida), hillbilly (especially regarding Appalachia and the Ozarks), and white trash (but without the last term's suggestions of immorality).

I don't think cocky meant as a union buster in rural WV from the early 20th century?

Now do would want someone to refer to blacks as Spear Chuckers? Mandigo? Negro?

I am sure at one point those terms were held in high esteem as well.

So I shouldn't use a term that white people made up to describe other white people??

And the term Cracka not Cracker is a term Black people made because of the sound the whip made during slavery time. A whip that white people used against slaves but continue your justifications

too be honest with you, I was always told there is a difference between a redneck and someone that's white trash. Being a redneck is a lifestyle, a culture.

too be honest with you, I was always told there is a difference between a redneck and someone that's white trash. Being a redneck is a lifestyle, a culture.

I guess that could be correct. Redneck is a culture. Like you all have the gangsta thing.

I think Rednecks and gangstas could actually get along pretty well.

My old neighbor Jermaine was a black guy but a redneck. He shot a 8 point buck out back of the housing development and put its head in his freezer. We had it out one day looking at it and some lady saw it and freaked out. He had camo clothing and all that stuff.

Cool, it was moved. Still doesn't change the impact of states flying it on government property. Especially when the current version of the flag was used for racist segregation means only

Or when States make Laws to incorporate the flag into state flags or to flown on state capitals

I guess if I bought an ISIS flag, that would be alright huh. Same meaning but different color of skin waving it

I'm not arguing that it shouldn't be "removed"......If you read my previous posts, you'd see I'm 100% for it's removal!

I guess if I bought an ISIS flag, that would be alright huh. Same meaning but different color of skin waving it

You can in this country.......It's called freedom of speech/expression......But it shouldn't be flown on government property or by publically supported institutions.

Just all part of the plan of the great divider. Saw a dodge pickup driving down 5th Avenue today flying two big azz confederate flags. If it wasn't for this controversy that truck would not have had those flags, it was being done just to further stir the pot.

The country is more divided right now than in any time during my lifetime, which now spans 50 years.

Just all part of the plan of the great divider. Saw a dodge pickup driving down 5th Avenue today flying two big azz confederate flags. If it wasn't for this controversy that truck would not have had those flags, it was being done just to further stir the pot.

The country is more divided right now than in any time during my lifetime, which now spans 50 years.

I agree. I have not seen it this divided in my time. He is the Great Divider and I am sure he sits back and smiles at night.

Who is dividing?? I don't sense people dividing where I'm from?? I asked this the other day, who is dividing. Be honest my feelings won't be hurt

If you think West Virginia was 100% union, you've got some educating to do. The politicians in Wheeling were able to use the confusion of wartime to separate themselves from Virginia but it was never the will of the majority of the people, just the whim of scourn politicians who thought Richmond ignored them too much and didn't care about our side of the mountains. If for some reason the separation from Virginia happened before the war, I'd almost bet money that our state could have joined the confederacy if given the choice, but more likely we'd have had the same fate of Kentucky and Maryland.

Look at here, locally within the Marshall community. You had a union town of Ceredo, and a confederate town of Trout's Hill (Present day Wayne city). The union recruited guyandotte and confederate spies setup a raid. Ohioans hated guyandotte so much for that, they would shoot any light at night from across the river.

The only pro-union part of the state was the northern panhandle. The more south, the more confederate.

Last edited:
WV was carved out so it would give Lincoln another "pro union" state in the event he needed. Why was the capital at Wheeling? Because there were thousands of federal troops stationed in the area that could suddenly vote. How were they going to vote? Well, of course pro union. W

The confederate flag flew over Guyandotte(modern day Huntington) and Barboursville at one point.

WV is truly a "bastardized" state carved for politically reasons during a war.

Yeah, we're not more divided right now than we were in the late 60s early 70s. Not even close to being close.

Yeah, we're not more divided right now than we were in the late 60s early 70s. Not even close to being close.

Disagree. The problems are much deeper rooted now and more dangerous to the stability of the union.

There is getting ready to be a state's rights battle over this whole marriage thing. You can say well the Supreme Court ruled. Yep, but one state(at least) is going to allow Clerks or Magistrates to opt out.

There is a bigger battle coming over the 2nd Amendment(again). I look for Obama to go after it bigger now with this wave of momentum in his favor. They go to far with it and I am telling you it could get ugly. There are folks that are powder keg ready to explode. Again, it will be a state's right issue.

The issues then were the Vietnam war which most people wanted out of and Nixon who was run out office.

You start going after people's AR15's and it is going make Kent State look like walk in the park.

esident Barack Obama has long been a proponent for additional gun-control measures, especially since the December 2012 elementary school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.

On Jan. 16, 2013, less than a month after 20 children and six adult staff members were killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School, Obama unveiled a plan to "protect our children and our communities by reducing gun violence." The 15-page document outlined the president's objectives with 23 executive actions.

The plan proposes background checks on all gun sales and strengthens the whole system. For one, it would eliminate red tape under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act so states could freely share mental health information regarding potential gun buyers. To foster cooperation, states received financial incentives that grew from $20 million in fiscal year 2013 to a proposed $50 million in 2014 to exchange data on a potential owner's criminal history and mental health record.

Assault weapons would be banned under the plan and magazines capped at a capacity of 10 rounds.

Obama's plan also sought to assist in the enforcement of the laws. It asked for the passage of legislation to close gun-trafficking loopholes laws and establish harsh penalties for so-called "straw purchasers," who pass a background check and then acquire guns for those who are prohibited.

The president also proposed training for "active shooter" situations to about 14,000 law enforcement, first responders, and school officials, and eliminating a stipulation that prevents healthcare providers from reporting threats of violence.

VOTE NOW: Should All Fully Automatic Rifles Be Banned?

A few months after the plan's release, the president's effort to tighten gun laws failed in Congress, despite widespread support.
nmxtvlogo.png

Latest News Update

Get Newsmax TV At Home »

app_directv.png

app_dish.png

"All in all, this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," Obama angrily said in his response to the nation. "But this effort is not over. I want to make it clear to the American people we can still bring about meaningful changes that reduce gun violence, so long as the American people don't give up on it. Even without Congress, my administration will keep doing everything it can to protect more of our communities. We're going to address the barriers that prevent states from participating in the existing background check system. We're going to give law enforcement more information about lost and stolen guns so it can do its job. We're going to help to put in place emergency plans to protect our children in their schools.

"But we can do more if Congress gets its act together. And if this Congress refuses to listen to the American people and pass common-sense gun legislation, then the real impact is going to have to come from the voters

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/FastFeatures...ts-stance/2014/11/02/id/602125/#ixzz3eSGYpRG0
Urgent: Rate Obama on His Job Performance. Vote Here Now!

List of specific weapons Obama proposed be banned.

Rifles (or copies or duplicates):
M1 Carbine,
Sturm Ruger Mini-14,
AR-15,
Bushmaster XM15,
Armalite M15,
AR-10,
Thompson 1927,
Thompson M1;
AK,
AKM,
AKS,
AK-47,
AK-74,
ARM,
MAK90,
NHM 90,
NHM 91,
SA 85,
SA 93,
VEPR;
Olympic Arms PCR;
AR70,
Calico Liberty ,
Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or Dragunov SVU,
Fabrique National FN/FAL,
FN/LAR, or FNC,
Hi-Point20Carbine,
HK-91,
HK-93,
HK-94,
HK-PSG-1,
Thompson 1927 Commando,
Kel-Tec Sub Rifle;
Saiga,
SAR-8,
SAR-4800,
SKS with detachable magazine,
SLG 95,
SLR 95 or 96,
Steyr AU,
Tavor,
Uzi,
Galil and Uzi Sporter,
Galil Sporter, or Galil Sniper Rifle ( Galatz ).
Pistols (or copies or duplicates):
Calico M-110,
MAC-10,
MAC-11, or MPA3,
Olympic Arms OA,
TEC-9,
TEC-DC9,
TEC-22 Scorpion, or AB-10,
Uzi.
Shotguns (or copies or duplicates):
Armscor 30 BG,
SPAS 12 or LAW 12,
Striker 12,
Streetsweeper. Catch-all category (for anything missed or new designs):
A semiautomatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine and has:
(i) a folding or telescoping stock,
(ii) a threaded barrel,
(iii) a pistol grip (which includes ANYTHING that can serve as a grip, see
below),
(iv) a forward grip; or a barrel shroud.
Any semiautomatic rifle with a fixed magazine that can accept more than
10 rounds (except tubular magazine .22 rim fire rifles).
A semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a
detachable magazine, and has:
(i) a second pistol grip,
(ii) a threaded barrel,
(iii) a barrel shroud or
(iv) can accept a detachable magazine outside of the pistol grip, and
(v) a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10
rounds.
A semiautomatic shotgun with:
(i) a folding or telescoping stock,
(ii) a pistol grip (see definition below),
(iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine or a fixed magazine capacity
of more than 5 rounds, and
(iv) a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
Frames or receivers for the above are included, along with conversion kits.
Attorney General gets carte blanche to ban guns at will: Under the proposal, the U.S. Attorney General can add any "semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General."
----------------------------

Under this provision submitted by Ombama millions of Americans would be in violation of federal law.

I'll repeat the question: "Has Obama ever suggested taking anyone's guns?"

Does the assault weapons ban TAKE anyone's guns?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT