ADVERTISEMENT

New Basketball Facility

Feb 7, 2005
What is your opinion of the new basketball facility? The old Gullickson Hall. It has to make a better impression on recruites.

I thought the new basketball facility was going next to the new baseball stadium

Nice. Am I correct in understanding this is now a practice facility for the basketball programs?

Floor looks GREAT! Certainly, the lighting is vastly improved from that in the old Gullickson gym that I recall from decades ago. Much deserved and appreciated by both Coaches D'Antoni and Kemper, their players and staffs! Many thanks to the Scaggs family who made this possible! GO HERD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: HerdGrad1999
Looks great but no one has answered the question is it air conditioned as it is a veritable furnace in the summer and camps?

To answer your question no it is not airconditioned at this time. A company called Big Ass Fans ( I kid you not) has installed 2 fans that are supposed to reduce the temperature by approximately 10 degrees. Do not ask me how. lol It is my understanding that the university is talking to several AC companies at this time to get quotes.

Reactions: bbneutralfan
Take the old fitness center and restore the pool for our Men’s and Women’s team. That would be huge for recruiting.

To answer your question no it is not airconditioned at this time. A company called Big Ass Fans ( I kid you not) has installed 2 fans that are supposed to reduce the temperature by approximately 10 degrees. Do not ask me how. lol It is my understanding that the university is talking to several AC companies at this time to get quotes.
I saw plenty of Big Ass fans on the bourbon tour. They do a good job of cooling

Reactions: tradebait
I think they have purchased a special portable volleyball court to be used by the team.

I had my very first class at Marshall in Gullickson Hall. It was one of the newer buildings on campus at that time and there were classrooms on the second floor.
Nice thing about masonry buildings is they can be remodeled and repurposed almost indefinitely. The construction company did an outstanding job on this facility.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I had my very first class at Marshall in Gullickson Hall. It was one of the newer buildings on campus at that time and there were classrooms on the second floor.
Nice thing about masonry buildings is they can be remodeled and repurposed almost indefinitely. The construction company did an outstanding job on this facility.
Dear lord you’re old

Hey now, 429, easy on the geezer. He ain't alone on here! Building was pretty new when I started at MU too. Had ROTC classes in Gullickson for a couple years. In fact, old Otto G. himself was often around the building from time to time!!
Good ole "Swede." He was around when I was there, too. So you know I'm old like Geezer.

Reactions: oldeherd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT