ADVERTISEMENT

New home and home series

Curious why the Daily Mail and not the Herald-Dispatch!

I think he just means means he's heard that from his "sources." Redd works for the Daily Mail, which means the sources have told the daily mail.

I don't think it means the announcement is officially happening through the DM.

I'm going to say it is UK. Talked with a doc where I work and he talked with Hamrick not long ago and said UK is interested in a series with us.

I'm going to say it is UK. Talked with a doc where I work and he talked with Hamrick not long ago and said UK is interested in a series with us.

That's odd considering just last year their AD told Hamrick at a soccer game a football game would most likely never happen.

UK has to use the OoC schedule to get to a bowl because they only win 2-4 games a year in conference.

It would be nice if he changed his tune.

I'm pretty confident it's not UK. Always reserve the right to put my foot in my mouth however.

I know one thing...

No matter who it is, someone is going to complain.

Most likely right. However if it tirns put to be a G5 team like say Ga Southern or Appy St or an AAC team then there was no reason to create suspense. Just come out and say "hey just scheduled _______." The build up gives people too much time to speculate. Too much time to build excitement.

If it's a G5 team just announce it without the build up.

Most likely right. However if it tirns put to be a G5 team like say Ga Southern or Appy St or an AAC team then there was no reason to create suspense. Just come out and say "hey just scheduled _______." The build up gives people too much time to speculate. Too much time to build excitement.

If it's a G5 team just announce it without the build up.

Suspense? Build up?

A source told Derek Redd that Marshall would be announcing a new home and home series today. Aside from one tweet from that Daily Mail reporter, the new series hasn't really been mentioned anywhere in an official capacity.

The only people building it up are the fans.

Suspense? Build up?

A source told Derek Redd that Marshall would be announcing a new home and home series today. Aside from one tweet from that Daily Mail reporter, the new series hasn't really been mentioned anywhere in an official capacity.

are you implying that our fans tend to blow things way out of proportion and then bitch when things don't meet their personal, inflated beliefs?

Suspense? Build up?

True. But why does the "source" leak to the local paper that an announcment is forthcoming?

Like we're gonna be making an announcment. Stay tuned.

Why not just say who it is. From my understanding all Redd was told was about the announcement so it's not like he knows the team but is just pimping the announcment.

The announcement was leaked to the paper to create buzz. And almost always it's leaked to the DM first.

All it takes is one tweet and then yes the fans run with it. If it's a P5 then cool. If it's a Sun Belt as some rumors state then why create buzz?

True. But why does the "source" leak to the local paper that an announcment is forthcoming?

Like we're gonna be making an announcment. Stay tuned.

Why not just say who it is. From my understanding all Redd was told was about the announcement so it's not like he knows the team but is just pimping the announcment.

The announcement was leaked to the paper to create buzz. And almost always it's leaked to the DM first.

All it takes is one tweet and then yes the fans run with it. If it's a P5 then cool. If it's a Sun Belt as some rumors state then why create buzz?

mike hamrick be like
Coffee%20Mug%20-%20Far%20Side%20Damned%20if%20You%20Do%20Dont_2.jpg

sounds like two. New Home and... Home. never heard of em. must be like Liberty U or American U. anyway, good job MUAD

Meh.

Not really anything to get overly excited about.

That being said, can someone on here explain to me why we have only scheduled 11 games for this year ?

WTF, Hamrick ?

Meh.

Not really anything to get overly excited about.

That being said, can someone on here explain to me why we have only scheduled 11 games for this year ?

WTF, Hamrick ?

We have 12?

Purdue, OU, Norfold St, Kent st, ODU, Southern miss, FAU, North Texas, Charlotte, MTSU, FIU, & WKU

We have 12?

Purdue, OU, Norfold St, Kent st, ODU, Southern miss, FAU, North Texas, Charlotte, MTSU, FIU, & WKU

Looking at the front page on here I count 11:

1 -Sep. 6 Purdue 3:00pm
2- Sep. 12 at Ohio 7:00pm
3- Sep. 19 Norfolk St. 3:30pm
4- Sep. 26 at Kent State TBA
5- Oct. 3 Old Dominion 3:30pm
6- Oct. 9 Southern Miss. 7:00pm
7- Oct. 17 at Florida Atlantic TBA
8- Oct. 24 North Texas 3:00pm
9- Nov. 7 at Middle Tenn. TBA
10- Nov. 14 Florida Int'l TBA
11- Nov. 27 at Western Kentucky 12:00pm

Guess they left Charlotte out...what date is that game ?

STFU.

Take it to the other board where you will receive yet another verbal ass whipping, punk.

You shouldn't be posting on here.

Note to MODS: This ass deserves a banning. I have seen Vermin ban Herd posters over there for much less...

Hamrick tried to oversell it with his exciting news tweet a few days ago. This is not exciting news. Don't make a feeble attempt to sugarcoat a home and home with an SB school.
Just come out and say it.

This series doesn't help our SOS in any way.

Disappointed to say the least. We will never be taken seriously with teams like this.

nobody's momma will let em come out and play with us.
so be it, half my brain says i'm ok with appy.... on the flip side, let's go ahead and fill in each yr with a 1 n done$ (while they still need some g5s)

Hamrick tried to oversell it with his exciting news tweet a few days ago. This is not exciting news. Don't make a feeble attempt to sugarcoat a home and home with an SB school.
Just come out and say it.

This series doesn't help our SOS in any way.

And why don't you put your crystal ball on here so we can all see the future. Like I said on the other board, this game may be vs. a top 25 by 2021 for all we know, and we may be ACC by then....who the heck knows

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT