ADVERTISEMENT

No return policy for the Joan starting this fall?

As someone that loves to run out at halftime and grab a snack/beer from the tailgate, I'll miss the no re-entry but its not a game changer for me. However, the idea of restricting tailgating lots to ticket holders is asinine. There are always many people at our tailgate that are there for the social aspect that don't have tickets ahead of time. We always end up with extra tickets and whenever the group heads in they normally do as well. But if they couldn't get on the lots they wouldn't even show up in the first place and that is more empty seats. And the enforcement would be a logistics nightmare.

As someone that loves to run out at halftime and grab a snack/beer from the tailgate, I'll miss the no re-entry but its not a game changer for me. However, the idea of restricting tailgating lots to ticket holders is asinine. There are always many people at our tailgate that are there for the social aspect that don't have tickets ahead of time. We always end up with extra tickets and whenever the group heads in they normally do as well. But if they couldn't get on the lots they wouldn't even show up in the first place and that is more empty seats. And the enforcement would be a logistics nightmare.
Totally agree... I host a tailgate (not in the West Lot), usually between 8-12 people, 3-4 adjoining parking spaces, depending on the week/opponent/weather/etc. But myself and my two friends that are also MU alums walk around to a bunch of tailgates around the stadium too, to see other friends and family, talk to opposing fans in town, get away from the wives/kids for a few minutes.

I can't imagine how many rent-a-cops we would need to police a policy where you couldn't be on the West Lot without a West Lot pass.

Totally agree... I host a tailgate (not in the West Lot), usually between 8-12 people, 3-4 adjoining parking spaces, depending on the week/opponent/weather/etc. But myself and my two friends that are also MU alums walk around to a bunch of tailgates around the stadium too, to see other friends and family, talk to opposing fans in town, get away from the wives/kids for a few minutes.

I can't imagine how many rent-a-cops we would need to police a policy where you couldn't be on the West Lot without a West Lot pass.
Agreed. Will never happen….

You cannot police fandom.
South Park Cartman GIF

Reactions: marshallsig
I don’t see how that could be controlled/policed. Erect perma fencing around the entirety of the lot? Not realistic imo…..
I read a book once about this middle school teacher that did an experiment with the students. What we do is we randomly pick about 25-50 fans. We give them red arm band to wear and turn them loose to "police" the lots. Eventually the problem will be resolved.

This will happen eventually but I think it will happen once concourse is expanded. There isn't enough room for all the people to gather in concourse. Fire Marshall issue I think or something like that. So have to allow to go out until they expand it.

I've never been a "go out and tailgate at the half" kind of person. I do my tailgating BEFORE the game and if I want more beer then I'll buy 1 at the stadium. I'm there ultimately for the game. I went out to tailgate ONE time at half a few years back. I lost track of time drinking and talking to people and it made it hard to go back to the game. I enjoy the company and chatting but it just makes it too easy for me to stay out there so I never did it again. I want to be at the game.

I definitely would also be for shutting down tailgating in the main lot once the game has started. But I think you need to pair that with no reentry.

well I disagree with it. There are a lot of women who like to go and use the rest rooms early as opposed to those nasty Rent a Kann things, and then come back out before the game to visit with friends, and then reenter the to watch the game. I know Spears and Brad never thought of that, as it does not affect them, but it does many women.

it just gives people another reason not to come. I don't understand why they would change that policy, it certainly isn't crowd control, the powers that be make it miserable enough to enjoy a game in person
Another reason NOT to come, sluggo? How about getting their butts into the STADIUM and in the SEATS, CHEERING AND SUPPORTING THE HERD!!

Tell me again how getting "sh*tfaced" out in the parking lot all afternoon/evening yapping about a frat bro getting the same way at a party 30 years ago does that?

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
Another reason NOT to come, sluggo? How about getting their butts into the STADIUM and in the SEATS, CHEERING AND SUPPORTING THE HERD!!

Tell me again how getting "sh*tfaced" out in the parking lot all afternoon/evening yapping about a frat bro getting the same way at a party 30 years ago does that?
Whatever. I can see many people going out at half time and never coming back in because they can’t get back in.
We need to give people reasons to go to games, not stay away. Not everybody is rabid Herd fan, some go just to see the fashions.

Reactions: marshallsig
Spears mentioned that this has a lot to do with the Campus Carry Bill that passed. They will be implementing metal detectors at all entrances of all Marshall Athletic Facilities.

He talked about expanding the concourses out towards the parking lots. Building new infrastructure with new bathrooms and various concessions to give fans larger spaces and more options to entice them is what they're discussing.

we all already have them, so lets keep them. They are there to honor our Fairfield roots

I don't know about all the fairness or lack of fairness with people being able to leave at halftime for a beer in the parking lot. All I know is that when my wife leaves at halftime to take our two littlest kids home, she wants me to help her get them to the car. With no pass outs, I can't do that so...

Happy Season 3 GIF by The Office

"Today's game sponsor is Depends and Poise Pads. The first 1000 fans get a free diaper."

Good point about the stadium not having enough room for people to go. Remember the first WVU game in Huntington and how packed the concourse was. It was actually rather unsafe and they do need to address so as to accommodate larger crowds. VA Tech should be sold out and it could be a repeat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT