ADVERTISEMENT

Now we have this trying to be viewed as racist

The gun, if the picture I saw was accurate, looked real as hell. What in the world did they expect that guy to do? Assume that since the kid is younger that it's not a real gun, and hope for the best?

ProPublica recently did an in-depth analysis and found that black kids between ages 15-19 are 21 times more likely to be shot and killed by cops than white kids of the same age. That's an insane statistic. That's per capita, not total. If you are a black teenage boy, you have a 21x higher risk of being shot by police than a white teenage boy.

So yes, This is very much about race...

Blacks under 18 also perpetrated 51 % of murders, 69 % of robberies, and 51.5 % of the violent crime for that age group according to the FBI. Despite only being about 15 % of the population in that age group.

For example just referencing the FBI's arrest statistics and the census demographic numbers, 1 in ~300 black kids age 15-19 committed a robbery. For white kids in that group the number was 1 in ~3,000.

1 out of ~674 white kids in the demo were arrested for violent crimes. African americans the number was 1 in ~143.

It looks to me like african american teens are 5-10 x more likely to commit the types of crimes that can lead to someone being killed. Thats not quite 21x, but it does say to me that there is some other problem going on besides, or in addition to,'Cops just dont like black people."

73... I don't disagree... Yet, there seems to be an overwhelming amount of young African American males be shot to death... 21 times more likely than a white male. I guess if we had the answers we wouldnt be typing here on Herdnation... LOL...

Originally posted by pj(HN):

ProPublica recently did an in-depth analysis and found that black kids between ages 15-19 are 21 times more likely to be shot and killed by cops than white kids of the same age. That's an insane statistic. That's per capita, not total. If you are a black teenage boy, you have a 21x higher risk of being shot by police than a white teenage boy.

Or, perhaps black kids commit far more crimes than white kids do because they don't care about getting an education or a job and simply want to be a thug. How about that?

Originally posted by big_country90:

Or, perhaps black kids commit far more crimes than white kids do because they don't care about getting an education or a job and simply want to be a thug. How about that?
BC... Love ya man... LOL...

Why don't you answer his question?

Have to say again I find it funny as hell that people from West Virginia want to sympathize with this garbage. Hell, if you want to be New York and LA why don't you move there?

Seriously, peej. Why not look at the percentage of crimes committed by black people as opposed to white people? Then, when you factor in how much of a minority black people are to whites, that number becomes even more absurd.

I'll save you some time and give you the liberal playbook answer: It's a result of oppression. Free pass.

And it's real easy for somebody sitting in the comforts of West Virginia to act all Hollywood knowing they'll never have to deal with this stuff.

The FBI's statistics show an African-American crime rate of 28.1% ;) http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/tables/43tabledatadecoverviewpdf

So. BCe. Let's flip your over generalization around. Why do so many white people from central Appalachia coal field want to grow up to be racist hill jacks.

This post was edited on 11/26 7:43 PM by pj(HN)

So. BCe. Let's flip your over generalization around. Why do so many white people from central Appalachia coal field want to grow up to be racist hill jacks.

This post was edited on 11/26 7:43 PM by pj(HN)
That's supposed to be an "over-generalization"?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT