ADVERTISEMENT

Opening weekend at The Jack( Baseball)

Jul 27, 2021
I attended all weekend for Marshall's opening series at the Jack. Everything about the new complex was awesome. Field looked great. Seats were spacious. Concessions were located on opposite ends so that the main walk way did not get crowded. Entry porcess was a breeze and there was more than enough staff on hand to handle any situation that could have arisen. I thought the Friday and Saturday pre-game ceremonies were classy and well organized. Kudos to Christian Spears and all of his support staff. Great crowds all three days. I hope fans continue to pour into this awesome new venue as the weeks go by. The players deserve it.

I attended all weekend for Marshall's opening series at the Jack. Everything about the new complex was awesome. Field looked great. Seats were spacious. Concessions were located on opposite ends so that the main walk way did not get crowded. Entry porcess was a breeze and there was more than enough staff on hand to handle any situation that could have arisen. I thought the Friday and Saturday pre-game ceremonies were classy and well organized. Kudos to Christian Spears and all of his support staff. Great crowds all three days. I hope fans continue to pour into this awesome new venue as the weeks go by. The players deserve it.
I was there Friday. I heard about the fly over pre game. I figured it was gonna be the Herky birds from Charleston but it was three Cessna from the flight school flying in formation. It was cool, but lacked the intensity of loud military engines 😅

I was there Friday. I heard about the fly over pre game. I figured it was gonna be the Herky birds from Charleston but it was three Cessna from the flight school flying in formation. It was cool, but lacked the intensity of loud military engines 😅

Maybe next time it will be the Blue Angels 😂

Last edited:
Closest blue angels are at Virginia Beach. There is a squadron of F16s in Toledo. Everything else close is c130 and fueling tankers that don’t do aerobatics
Blue Angels are home based at NAS Pensacola. They train in California January thru March. Not sure what is at Virginia Beach. Could be USAF Thunderbirds.

Blue Angels are home based at NAS Pensacola. They train in California January thru March. Not sure what is at Virginia Beach. Could be USAF Thunderbirds.
Thunderbirds are based at Nellis AFB, Las Vegas. Oddly enough they were with the Blues in El Centro a couple weeks ago.

The flyover at the Military Bowl was very underwhelming.

NAS Oceana is at Virginia Beach. Navy Master Jet base so the Blue angels are there frequently as well even if unofficially. I saw the “new” blue angels c130 support plane there off season on the Tarmack.
Thunderbirds are based at Nellis AFB in Las Vegas. Langley AFB is in Hampton across the way from Norfolk/Virginia Beach. They have F15s and Raptors.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT