ADVERTISEMENT

Others Receiving Votes

wvkeeper(HN)

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 4, 2007
Muswell Hillbilly
Others receiving votes:
Duke 49, UTSA 45, Air Force 40, Boise State 38, Minnesota 35, Texas Tech 19, North Carolina 8, North Carolina State 6, Iowa 4, Louisville 3, Purdue 3, Maryland 2, Marshall 2, Cincinnati 1, Illinois 1

Well done Troy. Good seeing we got votes. A positive. Huff has work to do for 2023. tougher schedule and need to get the passing game going. jmo

Overall this year was a solid step forward from last season... Everyone would like to have the Bowling Green and Louisiana games back, but such is life.

Next year is going to be an uphill battle given that we lose more than half of our starting defense. Finding pieces that fit on the D-line, both Corner spots, and making some offensive line upgrades are critical.

at East Carolina
Central Connecticut
Virginia Tech
at NC State

In the league we will play (in no particular order)
at Appalachian State
James Madison
at Coastal
Old Dominion
at Georgia State
Georgia Southern
Arkansas State
at South Alabama

That is probably about as tough a league schedule as we can have.

Last edited:
I believe this is wrong near the end of the post, pretty sure Arkansas State comes to the Joan and we travel to Mobile for the USA game.
Plus Micah Abraham returns at one of the corners, was announced in his twitter feed last week (pretty sure of this too).

I believe this is wrong near the end of the post, pretty sure Arkansas State comes to the Joan and we travel to Mobile for the USA game.
Plus Micah Abraham returns at one of the corners, was announced in his twitter feed last week (pretty sure of this too).
You are correct... We play Arkansas State at home and go to South Alabama... Post amended

Reactions: ohio herd
Also getting votes. That's great. It's also like being told you're the nicest guy in prison. I love the smell of sarcasm in the morning.

• Haha
Reactions: FootballArmy
One dude voted us 24th. (NC State Writer) which gave us 2 points.

Still better than 0, but I’d read a little more into it if we were in the 20-30 point range. That’d mean we had multiple writers feeling strongly about our team.

Reactions: The Real SamC
One dude voted us 24th. (NC State Writer) which gave us 2 points.

Still better than 0, but I’d read a little more into it if we were in the 20-30 point range. That’d mean we had multiple writers feeling strongly about our team.
Yes. This brings up one of the deals, and all fan bases including ours, are guilty of this, which is stretching out the results. Some program will get so many votes and they will say "we were ranked 28th this week". No, no you were not. They didn't take a poll about the top 30 or the top 35 or rank all 132 teams. They just took a poll about 25, and you got some votes for some position between 1-25 but fell short of being ranked. You were unranked.

I believe getting votes is an official ranking

Yeah I have no problem with calling it “38th” if you want. I’m not too worried about splitting hairs.

I’m just saying as using it as a basis for being excited about our season, I’m personally not reading too much into it because it’s one guy.

I’m more focused on being 1-2 in our big conference Home games. We obviously had a team good enough to win those. This season was just one big missed opportunity.

Reactions: Marshall Jeff
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT