ADVERTISEMENT

Proud of the Herd

I'm really disappointed in them boys. They had a chance for ra special season and blew it out after beating Notrre Dame. I watched the Grimm brothers win a state championship in 1985. Craig would have been the best lineman ever at Marshall but wanted to start a family and ended up working with me in the mine. His grandma used to babysit me when I was little and Erik and I would play hide the salami in the woods after school.

I wouldn't say I'm proud or mad. Just more of a blah or content with the way the season went. We hired Huff to take us back and win championships. Not knocking him or the players they could have given up and have not done so. So I do appreciate that. But at the end of the year, it's another 8 win season that we could/should have won a conference title and did not.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
Let me first say Doc needed to be let go 2 years earlier than he did.

If we fired Doc because 9-10 win runner up seasons weren't good enough why are we now proud of 8 wins seasons? Because Huff might climb out of the hole he dug?

We fired Doc because he lost to teams he shouldn't have, had a boring offense that struggled at times, and couldn't win championships. To this point that's exactly what we're seeing.

We shouldn't be proud because we escaped a complete disaster season. Going 0-4 vs BG, Troy, ULL, and Coastal should not have happened. Especially the way it went down. Not saying we absolutely have to be undefeated in order to be happy about the season, but we should be a lot better than we are.

IMO we had 2 bad losses (BG and Louisiana). We beat ND which very few thought possible. If we can finish 9-4 (with bowl win) I would give the season a B. 8-4 in the Sunbelt > 8-4 in CUSA.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
IMO we had 2 bad losses (BG and Louisiana). We beat ND which very few thought possible. If we can finish 9-4 (with bowl win) I would give the season a B. 8-4 in the Sunbelt > 8-4 in CUSA.
I am willing to discount BG to being snake bitten for whatever reason when we go there and to two very bad turnovers. It is what it is. However if our offense wasn't so horrible we win the next three. The defense played so well against Troy, ULL, and Coastal that even a sub par offensive performance could have won those games.

We lost 16-7 at Troy. 17 points wins that game.
We lost 23-13 against ULL.
We lost 24-13 against CC.

The defense shoulders part of the blame against Coastal for spotting them 21 points, but after that they were shut down. None of those game were ever really out of hand and two TDs in each game nets us a victory. Also the complexion of those games changes if our offense is able to score.

We've only score 30+ points in regulation one time this year and that was against Norfolk. We only scored 28 against G-W.

Our offense went in the tank this year and that falls on the staff. If our offense was even average, middle of the road we'd have only lost one game. Turnovers killed us in BG. If Laborn doesn't fumble either time we win that game.

Reactions: HerdGrad1999
And if our offense wasn’t inept we should be playing in the champ game. Aspiring for more doesn’t make us bad fans contrary to what you think

Didn’t say I don’t aspire to win those games. But to act like we lost to a bunch of schools that aren’t any good is not correct either. But. Kudos to Huff and staff for figuring out a way to fix the offense

30+ points ONE time this season in 11 games. Not going to win enough games and influence the right people going forward. On the whole HERD offensive is very ineffective and non-productive this season. In case Huff has yet to get the message, AD Spears needs to shoot him a Memo ASAP essentially echoing the Tan Man's words in that Huff needs to "Get that Fixed"!!

30+ points ONE time this season in 11 games. Not going to win enough games and influence the right people going forward. On the whole HERD offensive is very ineffective and non-productive this season. In case Huff has yet to get the message, AD Spears needs to shoot him a Memo ASAP essentially echoing the Tan Man's words in that Huff needs to "Get that Fixed"!!

What does 30 points matter.

When we win Saturday we will have scored more points than 8 out of our 12 opponents. That is what matters.

What does 30 points matter.

When we win Saturday we will have scored more points than 8 out of our 12 opponents. That is what matters.
See this is the issue with you. You’re content with poor offensive production as long as we win. Most of us want both and that’s what we should aspire towards

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT