ADVERTISEMENT

Shewey Building Graphic

6603dc5a9292104b44c349b85b5aaf7a-5-crazy-fan-theories-that-make-total-sense.jpg

Drove by the Shewey Building a couple of times. Don't see anything from 3rd Avenue. Is this on the doors from the dressing room inside the stadium? Great but why not put it in the front as well?

Marshall can never change something without a hating ass fan

Who's hating? He just gave his opinion of it. What's the point of talking about anything, if everybody is supposed to have the same opinion.

It's not like he was bashing Hamrick, bashing Goebel, bashing Holliday. Even admitted that most folks would probably like it.

I think the graphic was just poorly executed. In my opinion it just looks like two green eyes. The buffalo head is to hard to see. Maybe that's just the lighting but it just appears hard to see what it is.

Now on to the fact that Marshall has haters I'm going to disagree. I think we have to many people that think anything critical of the university or athletic dept is completely of limits. Sure we have people that think everything is going to crap, every fan base does, but the people that get bashed for articulating different view points or disagreeing with a policy etc for not being true fans is what gets old and tiresome.

I think the graphic was just poorly executed. In my opinion it just looks like two green eyes. The buffalo head is to hard to see.

so the prominent nostrils on the door or the horns at the top are hard to see?

I think the graphic was just poorly executed. In my opinion it just looks like two green eyes. The buffalo head is to hard to see. Maybe that's just the lighting but it just appears hard to see what it is.

Now on to the fact that Marshall has haters I'm going to disagree. I think we have to many people that think anything critical of the university or athletic dept is completely of limits. Sure we have people that think everything is going to crap, every fan base does, but the people that get bashed for articulating different view points or disagreeing with a policy etc for not being true fans is what gets old and tiresome.

Yeah, because beyond the eyes aren't the horns of Hell or a snout fuming out hatred and fury towards all who stand in the way of an animal who is a bad ass and knows it?

Haters? It's not the critical element, it's about the argument behind it. One can have a different opinion on something, but it is usually a stupid reason, usually something about "going against Marshall tradition..." when in reality, Marshall's tradition is an adaptation of other people's traditions, essentially, giving Marshall no REAL tradition.
If people had some logic behind objecting to something, I'd be all for debate on here...but instead it is just going after everyone in the entire goddamn university to make someone feel as though their point is justified. Not to mention, they just don't seem to let the same shit go. The re-seating plan...STILL people on here complain about it. Get over it.
The bowl game? People will STILL talk about it, like it has ANY relevance now. People do it to take jabs at the program because they don't like something about it, but are too stupid to figure out what that is...so they go after something irrelevant currently.
In short, the arguments against something are usually stupid...and to fill in the gap of trying to sound logical, the complainers bash, not just the program, but all those in it, and those who proposed it, then go an extra mile to compare us to someone who supposedly "works" just to get the exact same point across.

I like it, but I believe that the "execution" comment may come from the fact it is so cut up by the glass framing which cannot be overcome. That is why one comment was that all he could see was the two green eyes. I had to take a second look to absorb the entirety--you have to visually put it together.

All I'm saying is at first glance all you see are two green eyes. A little more contrast and it pops big time.

Drove by the Shewey Building a couple of times. Don't see anything from 3rd Avenue. Is this on the doors from the dressing room inside the stadium? Great but why not put it in the front as well?

Looks like an interior door.

Yeah, because beyond the eyes aren't the horns of Hell or a snout fuming out hatred and fury towards all who stand in the way of an animal who is a bad ass and knows it?

Haters? It's not the critical element, it's about the argument behind it. One can have a different opinion on something, but it is usually a stupid reason, usually something about "going against Marshall tradition..." when in reality, Marshall's tradition is an adaptation of other people's traditions, essentially, giving Marshall no REAL tradition.
If people had some logic behind objecting to something, I'd be all for debate on here...but instead it is just going after everyone in the entire goddamn university to make someone feel as though their point is justified. Not to mention, they just don't seem to let the same shit go. The re-seating plan...STILL people on here complain about it. Get over it.
The bowl game? People will STILL talk about it, like it has ANY relevance now. People do it to take jabs at the program because they don't like something about it, but are too stupid to figure out what that is...so they go after something irrelevant currently.
In short, the arguments against something are usually stupid...and to fill in the gap of trying to sound logical, the complainers bash, not just the program, but all those in it, and those who proposed it, then go an extra mile to compare us to someone who supposedly "works" just to get the exact same point across.

And good thing that's not what happened here. We just had one person make a critical assessment based purely on the content at hand, yet we still had the "OMG WTF Marshall 'fans' complain about ANYTHING!" Crowd show up.

Sorry I din't see it guys. When I look at it it looks like a giant buffalo is standing outsidr the door looking in. I don't think there was anything missing with the execution. It's a door/window graphic. There's no way for it not to be broken up.

It's a 3D image that does a pretty good job at pulling off the look if a giant buffalo.

I'd do my garage door like that if I could.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT