ADVERTISEMENT

Should CUSA move their offices now that....?

TheGreenhouseEffect

Silver Buffalo
Aug 17, 2012
SilverCometTrail
http://hamptonroads.com/2...-reaches-94-million-homes

Now that Banowski is leaving and we have a strong partner in ASN I would like to suggest CUSA needs to move their offices from Dallas to West Palm. The reasons are simple.

- get rid of the shadow of being a small Texas based conference associated with Big 12 or even the old Southwest Conference.
- align the conference in South Florida a recruiting hotbed for many schools and Marshall as well. It gives the conference a new eastern flavor instead of western.
- we can move near ASN for easier and better collaboration.
- in the dead of winter do you want to visit Dallas or S Florida?
- With a Florida based conference can we pick up more Florida viewers probably lost in Texas?

At any rate, NOW is the time to make that move. With a new commish to be named soon and Bano high tailing it out, new leadership, new location and a new TV partner make sense to relocate near ASN.

- get rid of the shadow of being a small Texas based conference associated with Big 12 or even the old Southwest Conference.
- align the conference in South Florida a recruiting hotbed for many schools and Marshall as well. It gives the conference a new eastern flavor instead of western.
- we can move near ASN for easier and better collaboration.
- in the dead of winter do you want to visit Dallas or S Florida?
- With a Florida based conference can we pick up more Florida viewers probably lost in Texas?

Wow.
- The Big 2, Little 8 office is in Texas? Who knew? Who cared? Where is the Pac 12's? Why does it matter. It is where the referee's pay checks get mailed from.
- Yeah, "where is the conference office?" is like the third question a potential recruit asks.
- ASN contract expires, with all the rest, after this year. No idea what the TV deal will be next.
- I don't know. Who visits the conference office? Dead of winter or any other time? If that is your thing, go down to a lawyer's office and watch the secretaries type. Same thing.
- Yeah, "hey, Joe, lets watch Louisiana Tech at UAB, their conference office is in an office park in OUR STATE" is heard all over Florida every fall.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
But you want outnof the shadow of texas and into the shadow of Florida?!
Do you think location of the conference office REALLY affects how the teams play?
Did Texas A&M hold out joining the SEC because of the location of their head offices?

I'm with Sam C...there really isn't importance regarding the location of C-USA.

The new commissioner will most likely have it where he/she wants it. Banowsky moved it to Dallas.

I believe an east coast office would favor us in terms of not getting screwed over where the CUSA championship game would be held: see 2013 CUSA championship game.

This is dumb. You really want to uproot all of the people that work at the conference offices and their families for something as trivial as a third tier media rights partner and an asinine perception of Texas bias?

Not to mention, all of the locations being espoused in this thread are far less central to the conference than Dallas.

Dallas is a perfectly acceptable hq location for our conference. There are 4 teams in Texas (with one in the Dallas metro) plus another in nearby Louisiana, and the Dallas Airports provide flights to every airport of consequence in the country.

Not dumb, innovative. Yes I DONT want to be seen as a Tejas based conference. That's not us, we're an eastern school. Uproot, fire, move, rehire, and reshape the conference to be seen as an eastern based conference.

Not dumb, innovative. Yes I DONT want to be seen as a Tejas based conference. That's not us, we're an eastern school. Uproot, fire, move, rehire, and reshape the conference to be seen as an eastern based conference.

How in the heck is relocating the HQ out of the 4th largest MSA in the country to South Florida (farther away from the majority of conference membership) to synergize with our third tier media partner who doesn't pay us anything for the games "innovative?" If anything, the uprooting/firing of the existing staff for such a preposterous move would deter quality talent from wanting to work for the league. Also, I hate to break it to you, but ASN isn't based in West Palm Beach; their production facilities are there. The bigwigs are in metro Baltimore with the rest of Sinclair's HQ.

As long as there are schools in Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi in the conference, it will not be an "eastern based conference." You need to get over it and learn to deal or find a team in the CAA to follow.

What's your beef with Texas or being in a conference that has its HQ in the state?

Tejas will ALWAYS favor schools from Tejas. If you can't figure that point out then I suppose these letters are lost on you.

We want a confernce that favors US.

I don't think the HQ has favored the Texas schools at all. And you're not going to find that unless you can convince the Hamrick, White, and the BoG to take us independent. If the offices do move to Florida, you'll just complain that they favor the F_Us over everyone else.

I don't think the HQ has favored the Texas schools at all. And you're not going to find that unless you can convince the Hamrick, White, and the BoG to take us independent. If the offices do move to Florida, you'll just complain that they favor the F_Us over everyone else.

Lol see 2013 CUSA championship game. Then come back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT