ADVERTISEMENT

SHR - Cignetti to Indiana…..

Wonder how many players he will take with him... Could be a devastating blow to JMU.

Indiana, like the rest of the field fillers in the top heavy Big 10, is where careers go to die.

He will get rich, lose 40 games, and get fired in 5 years. Its what the bottom feeders in the B10 do.

Indiana, like the rest of the field fillers in the top heavy Big 10, is where careers go to die.

He will get rich, lose 40 games, and get fired in 5 years. Its what the bottom feeders in the B10 do.
I doubt he will get fired. Given his current age, he likely chose this job where expectations are really low and he can rake in retirement dough for those 5 years. Smart move from that perspective.

Seems like a low risk/high reward opportunity... If you go there and the team sucks, you collect your check for 4-5 years and head into retirement... If you get them to even mid-level competence, make a couple of bowl games, etc. you will be a hero and the next even more lucrative job will come along.

This is now referred to as the Mike Elko career track. lol

If Huff could have found a Championship, he would have been offered a similar job.

Funny part is we expected Huff to do just that.. take over a good talented program that was lacking the ability to win a championship and win a championship… but nope now we are trying to rebuild and find a solution these days.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
This is going to be a crazy off season with all the portal moves. It’s a shame the players are becoming more of hired mercenaries, working for the highest bidder with no sense of pride or attachment to the schools they play for.

My brother’s brother sent me this:

Curt Cignetti was introduced to his new school at a timeout in the basketball game last night. He grabbed a microphone and said “I won’t be happy until we beat Michigan and Ohio State. And Purdue sucks.” Then he walked off the court. He either really understands his new job or he’s just delusional. Either way, the crowd went crazy for him.

Close….he walked out (to Thunderstruck btw), said how happy he was to be there, he’s never taken a backseat to anyone, doesn’t expect to start now. Purdue sucks (crowd went nuts) and then added and so does Ohio State and Michigan.

Then mic dropped and walked off

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
saw he offered QB McCloud to IU - 4th school. I thought kids could only transfer 2x, not 4x??

McCloud has indicated that he will play in JMU's bowl game in which Cignetti will also coach. Guess it is a package deal.

McCloud has indicated that he will play in JMU's bowl game in which Cignetti will also coach. Guess it is a package deal.
Obviously this gives them their best chance at winning, but I also think that gives off weird ex-girlfriend vibes.

It's like still going to a fancy event with a girl you just broke up with because you both invested too much into tickets, clothing, etc.

But I also wish he (Cignetti) would GTFO so JMU would get their dicks knocked off in the bowl and their fans finally have to get a reality check.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT