ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Practice

I'm not a QB coach or have any experience... So am I just looking through the green lens when I say Pennington had a nice quick release akin to Case Keenum? Coupled with crispy throws? Anyone care to elaborate that was able to attend yesterday?

If you don’t know, why make that statement?
Obviously you know, tell us your thoughts?
I know what I think, let's hear your opinion? You seem overly confident in your thoughts.

If Fancher hasn't improved, do you really feel anyone we have on roster can do better? Navigate a more difficult schedule? Tell us.

Obviously you know, tell us your thoughts?
I know what I think, let's hear your opinion? You seem overly confident in your thoughts.

If Fancher hasn't improved, do you really feel anyone we have on roster can do better? Navigate a more difficult schedule? Tell us.
Lol

Twolf: gotta call you on this one! Why make the statement if you don’t have even one reason for doing so? Just a hunch? A feeling? Your bunions are acting up?

I would love to hear updates from folks that are seeing the QB’s in the drills.
I was just stating what many of us hope to see - Fancher improvement in the passing game - mostly accuracy and touch. I stated I didn't know because I wanted Sluggo to give his take, since he obviously disagreed with my opinion. And that's cool, just wanted to hear his thoughts - still waiting.

I was just stating what many of us hope to see - Fancher improvement in the passing game - mostly accuracy and touch. I stated I didn't know because I wanted Sluggo to give his take, since he obviously disagreed with my opinion. And that's cool, just wanted to hear his thoughts - still waiting.
I didn’t disagree w your opinion I just wanted to know what you based your opinion on Perhaps you’ve been to practice and observed ?

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
I think what Twolf meant was Fancher is likely going to be the starter when fall camp begins, and most likely when the first game kicks off... I can't see Huff moving on from a guy that won 7 games last year. Pennington would have to be light years better to move ahead of Fancher in the coaches eyes.

I didn’t disagree w your opinion I just wanted to know what you based your opinion on Perhaps you’ve been to practice and observed ?
No, just thinking out loud. Funny. I thought you may have had some inside info. Never know how to take a post. LOL!

I'd go as far as to say, expect what we've already seen. Last season, Columbi was the guy with experience and comparably equal skills to Fancher. He was given the start, per Huff, to save Fancher's youth. Seemingly worked out well. Fancher had a couple bad appearances and as did Columbi. Ultimately Fancher won over the starting job due to Columbi's injuries and excelled somewhat in his final games. Will gain an edge in Spring and Fall practice hype. Plus he looked decent.

Fast forward to this season, I believe we will see the exact same twin QB scenario. The press conferences will sound the same. "Both guys have their strengths and weaknesses, were just trying to make progress for next week and we will see who the starter is" - Huff . We should expect to see Pennington put in late games, showing off some arm skill. I doubt he takes the starting job. But, I fully expect to see him look solid out there.

Huff also likes to be secretive. He would know not to start that press rumor that CP is outshining last years starter and the unwanted/unneeded bad press and pressure coming from , HERDNATION. LOL!

Note: I heard from someone on Twitter say, "Pennington was hurt in an intramurals basketball game." Anyone have any information on this? He looked fine, had crisp passes and a quick ass release per the video I saw of Day 1.

Note #2: Yall Rasheen Ali looked quick as shit out there. I'm excited as hell for this upcoming season.

Note #3: New TE coach and a higher than average TE portal transfers in. Will we see that TE play we've needed this coming season? I have that feeling we will.

Anyway...

Just my take. Y'all have a good Herd Wednesday.

Here is my take on the situation. if Fancher has peaked already and Cole or Chase can't push him then we are in for a long season with the upgraded schedule.
With the better schedule, we have to be able to complete some passes down the field... WR screens and 5-yard outs are not going to cut it.

Keys to down field passing -- QB arm strength/accuracy, pass protection, WR separation... The question is, do we have all 3 components?

Barring injuries we should be fine in the ground game, but we can't allow teams to play 8-9 guys in the box.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT