ADVERTISEMENT

Team Hotel Myrtle Beach

Nov 12, 2007
Does anyone have any idea where the team will be staying in Myrtle Beach this year? I remember last year there was a page where you got a discounted rate and could stay where the team stayed...hoping something similar will happen this year.

Does anyone have any idea where the team will be staying in Myrtle Beach this year? I remember last year there was a page where you got a discounted rate and could stay where the team stayed...hoping something similar will happen this year.
Marriot Resort and Spa Grande Dunes

Reactions: rowsey83
I was looking on VRBO and it was amazing. You can get a one bedroom condo on the beach for $50-$60 a night. I know it’s off season, but a unit I have rented for $275/night in June is $60/night for the 17th through 20th.

I stayed in a hotel in the off season and it was creepy. I asked the desk clerk if their dining room was open and she told me it was.
It was a large area with an indoor pool and I was the only person eating there. There was an echo every time I placed a piece of silverware on my plate. I felt like the Jack Nicholson character in The Shining.

I stayed in a hotel in the off season and it was creepy. I asked the desk clerk if their dining room was open and she told me it was.
It was a large area with an indoor pool and I was the only person eating there. There was an echo every time I placed a piece of silverware on my plate. I felt like the Jack Nicholson in The Shining.
I have an elderly aunt that lives in Myrtle Beach... It was probably 10 years ago, my folks and I went down in January because she was having some health issues. My dad wanted to check on her and I decided to ride along for a 3-day weekend. We had a very similar experience at one of the giant 20-story hotels on the beach... Went to the pool, were the only people there. Went to the restaurant, ate pretty much by ourselves. Went to the bar to watch a ballgame at 8 p.m., just us and the bartender. It was a weird feeling, especially if you are used to how Myrtle Beach is from Easter to Halloween.

Reactions: greengeezer
Love my/our January's in MB; great time to be down there for a while. This bowl would be a good "get" if we had a better opponent. I don't mean in terms of Uconn's own quality, I mean in terms of our interest. We need to be playing a southern team of interest IMHO. The place would be rocking if we were playing someone at least as far south as Virginia, and east of the Mississippi.

Reactions: greengeezer
I was looking on VRBO and it was amazing. You can get a one bedroom condo on the beach for $50-$60 a night. I know it’s off season, but a unit I have rented for $275/night in June is $60/night for the 17th through 20th.
Hahaha you actually admitted to vacationing to myrtle beach?!?!?

It was a large area with an indoor pool and I was the only person eating there. There was an echo every time I placed a piece of silverware on my plate. I felt like the Jack Nicholson character in The Shining.
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy …

Reactions: Elkview
Hahaha you actually admitted to vacationing to myrtle beach?!?!?
what are you a vacation snob?

People spend thousands of dollars to go to third world shitholes and sit in a hotel on a beach. Myrtle is a great place to go and much cheaper. Real America sir.

Bigger question, does the Doll House keep normal business hours during the off-season, and will they have the game on during afternoon happy hour?
There's an offseason? 😂 That place has sidetracked many a golf trips with the buddies every March.

Reactions: RhinoD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT