ADVERTISEMENT

The NBA is terrible.

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Trying to eat at the Mexican bar and they have the Clippers vs Heat game on. This is worse that YMCA intro to basketball league. It might be worse than a Marshall game.

No wonder our basketball team isn't any good. Same philosophy.

Reactions: HerdGrad1999
Chat with Marshall fans from around the country about all things Herd!
Can you point out how your post is “all things Herd” and shouldn’t be on the other board where the mentally damaged people reside?

Reactions: horsrman
Can you point out how your post is “all things Herd” and shouldn’t be on the other board where the mentally damaged people reside?
Does our coach not teach that phlioophy? No defense, no rebouding, throw a 3/4 court pass, picked off or chuck a three off the back of the iron? They do call traveling more in college.

"No wonder our basketball team isn't any good. Same philosophy."

Was in the box seats for Washington vs suns today bc, ya know father in law is rich, and we had a blast.

I’ve given up on college sports. At least the nba guys admit they are in it for money.

Reactions: riflearm2
The NBA is the most popular it has ever been, and basketball has grown to be the second biggest sport in the world behind soccer.

Even the shitty NBA teams sell tickets, draw TV viewers, and make money.

There is a reason the other two major sports have tried to hire Adam Silver away from the NBA, unsuccessfully.

Is it the same game I fell in love watching in the 80's, 90's with Jordan, Magic, Ewing, Barkley, etc? - Absolutely not... Is it terrible? - Absolutely not.

Cato was an athlete who played QB, even that was 10 years ago. Leftwich being our last true QB! Point is he should change the handle to marshallissocceru!!!!
He leads all career passing categories and you think he was an athlete that played QB. Dude was scared to death to run until his senior season. Sure he could move in the pocket better than Chad and Byron, but he was a QB. He was just undersized.

Reactions: RhinoD
He leads all career passing categories and you think he was an athlete that played QB. Dude was scared to death to run until his senior season. Sure he could move in the pocket better than Chad and Byron, but he was a QB. He was just undersized.
Running and being an Athlete aren't the same. Either way WE ARE NOT QB U!

Could you imagine Lebron playing against the defenses of the 80’s Pistons, Knicks, Celtics? He flops now when no one touches him. On the flip side, could you imagine the numbers that Jordan would put up against the defenses in the present day NBA?

Reactions: marshallsig
Running and being an Athlete aren't the same. Either way WE ARE NOT QB U!
When you refer to a QB as an "Athlete Playing QB" it implies that they're more runner than pass which he wasn't. Cam Fancher was an Athlete playing QB.

Your second point is correct. Sadly we have HC that hasn't put much of an emphasis on recruiting the position. That or he absolutely sucks at accessing QB talent.

Could you imagine Lebron playing against the defenses of the 80’s Pistons, Knicks, Celtics? He flops now when no one touches him. On the flip side, could you imagine the numbers that Jordan would put up against the defenses in the present day NBA?
Lebron would be fine... Dude is 6'8, runs like a deer, can shoot the 3, etc - he would adjust.

The bigger theoretical is your second premise... I think Jordan would "routinely" go for 60 a night in today's league. He'd probably average somewhere between 42-45.

The NBA is the most popular it has ever been, and basketball has grown to be the second biggest sport in the world behind soccer.

Even the shitty NBA teams sell tickets, draw TV viewers, and make money.

There is a reason the other two major sports have tried to hire Adam Silver away from the NBA, unsuccessfully.

Is it the same game I fell in love watching in the 80's, 90's with Jordan, Magic, Ewing, Barkley, etc? - Absolutely not... Is it terrible? - Absolutely not.
The NBA is a big city sport. Plus, terrible basketball. Dudes literally take 4 steps then juke. Chuck a 3. Makes it take it. If they miss long rebound to the defender because nobody is going to try to really get a rebound. Pass to half court. Pass to the wing. Guy takes 4 steps and jukes, Chucks the 3. Can't pack it in low or work the ball inside and kick it out. They literally do what I said they do.

They care about the NBA is cities. It is a metro sport.

Plus, it was about the most boring thing I had watched in 15 minutes. That do show where they prance out the dogs and they jump over the rales and the man runs with a leash chasing them is better.

this isn't me talking, it is charles barkley. he said it is a one dimensional game.

It’s awful basketball. I hate to be the old get off my lawn dude. No defense, and it’s becoming a three-point shooting contest. The only thing that bothers me is that [players] just go to the gym and jack up threes all night, and if they make them, they win, and if they miss them, they lose,” Barkley said in his appearance on the “All the Smoke” podcast. “I don’t mind guys shooting threes but you’re a big guy shooting threes now? If y'all just going to have a three-point shooting contest, just say it.”

Lebron would be fine... Dude is 6'8, runs like a deer, can shoot the 3, etc - he would adjust.

The bigger theoretical is your second premise... I think Jordan would "routinely" go for 60 a night in today's league. He'd probably average somewhere between 42-45.
Lebron would have to have a better mindset though. He would go down the lane and Lambier or Charles Oakley would clothes line him and not think twice about it.

• Haha
Reactions: Jartard and RhinoD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT