ADVERTISEMENT

VMI vs Wake Forest- a look at Curfman

GK4Herd

Aug 5, 2001
Here's condensed highlights of VMI vs Wake Forest this year...

You can get a look at Curfman. He had 24 points, 6 rebounds, and 4 assists so he's in many of the highlights. Curfman seems to be fairly strong with decent size for a guard. He shoots it very well and has tremendous range. He played the two for VMI and I really didn't see him run the point much in the highlights. I really like the kid and think he'll help the team, but I'm not sure about him unseating Taylor at the one. It appears we have two shooting guards and no true point guards with this pick up. Don't get me wrong...Curfman appears to upgrade our shooting which we sorely need.

I can't tell much about his defensive ability, so hopefully he can guard. I think our lack of ability to keep a quick guard from penetrating on us this year was one of our greatest weaknesses. A team that had a guard that could beat us off the dribble and get into the lane just opens up so much efficiency for our opponent, be it getting to the rim, dumping it off to the open man when our bigs slide over to help, or the kicking it back out to the perimeter for the open three. Losing West really hurt us from a defensive perspective. We just didn't have the quickness to shut down the penetration. So hopefully Kurfman can defend the point.

Good pick up. But I'm not sure he's the missing link. Still...having someone who is able to put the ball in the basket from the three at a 38-40% clip won't make us worse. If we can get McKey or Toussaint to make a jump like OAK from year one to two, get some interior athleticism and an additional shooter in Fricks, and get a contribution from Conners, who know? But I still worry about the one and five. We'll see I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News