ADVERTISEMENT

VT Tickets

The game is listed as sold out. You can always buy tix from scalpers. Heck just show up on game day and get tickets on the corner....but officially the game is sold out...I just hope if we are claiming it as a sell out that there are no tarped sections...that would be a bit embarrassing.

The game is listed as sold out. You can always buy tix from scalpers. Heck just show up on game day and get tickets on the corner....but officially the game is sold out...I just hope if we are claiming it as a sell out that there are no tarped sections...that would be a bit embarrassing.

There will be tarped sections. I would assume it would possibly be even unsafe to sit in them since we have had so much construction that I would say effected the infrastructure

I hope the stadium is actually filled, but it's a "sellout" because we sold a bunch of tickets to Seat Geek or whatever it's called and now their selling them at double and triple the price.

Reactions: Jartard
They should remove the bleachers with tarps and install at the soccer complex…

Christian Spears gets to announce a sell out, do you think his ego would allow anything else?
jU.gif

We need to hand you some Kleenex.

• Haha
Reactions: MUMAN3419
What ad wouldn’t want to announce a sell out?
Well depends on how one defines sell out. If you get your crowd so worked up they have to have tickets, that’s one thing. OTOH if 2 weeks before the biggest home game of the last several years you sell your tickets to a ticket broker and take x% of face value so you can say you have a sell out. That’s another thing, imo. He didn’t want someone coming back on him saying’ you couldn’t even sell out the biggest game of the year’.
All ego driven

Well depends on how one defines sell out. If you get your crowd so worked up they have to have tickets, that’s one thing. OTOH if 2 weeks before the biggest home game of the last several years you sell your tickets to a ticket broker and take x% of face value so you can say you have a sell out. That’s another thing, imo. He didn’t want someone coming back on him saying’ you couldn’t even sell out the biggest game of the year’.
All ego driven
Or, he could have been wanting to get some return revenue on tickets that might otherwise have gone unsold. It seems to have worked, as there aren’t many left (<1000)
In fairness, a “sellout” in 2023 is less than normal, due to the tarping affair…..

Or, he could have been wanting to get some return revenue on tickets that might otherwise have gone unsold. It seems to have worked, as there aren’t many left (<1000)
In fairness, a “sellout” in 2023 is less than normal, due to the tarping affair…..
So how much revenue did he get on those tickets? Neither you nor I know. But he did get to announce a sellout. Ego

VT would have sold out before Game Day. But with our walk up crowds why we would ever purposefully sell them to a 3rd party is beyond me.
They took the guaranteed payday. Yeah, it absolutely would have sold out.

VT would have sold out before Game Day. But with our walk up crowds why we would ever purposefully sell them to a 3rd party is beyond me.
I was talking to a couple that bought 2 tickets from that 3rd party ticket seller. They had good seats 4 rows behind the VT bench but they paid $300 for them. Lots of add-on fees.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT