ADVERTISEMENT

Way Too Early ESPN Matchup Predictor

BleedsGreen33

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2010
I know we are 52 days out from kickoff, but here are the matchup predictions per ESPN.

Opponent
Chance of Winning
Albany​
93.0%​
@ECU​
46.8%​
VT​
60.3%​
ODU​
80.7%​
@NCST​
19.8%​
@Ga State​
52.5%​
JMU​
72.8%​
@Coastal​
53.9%​
@Appy​
47.9%​
Ga Southern​
71.3%​
@S. Alabama​
52.3%​
Arkansas State​
77.0%​

So IF this ends up being correct we will end up 9-3.

Things that stand out to me.
- I know VT is down, but man 60.3% is pretty favorable. Given our offensive woes this shows just how much VT has fallen off. Yes we're at home, but still.

- Out of the three trips to Coastal, Appy, and USA, I wouldn't have expected Appy to be the one we're favored to lose. I figured out of the three that Appy would be our only favored matchup. With USA coming off their 10 win season I thought for sure they would get the nod. Also while I know Coastal lost their HC they still have McCall.

Last edited:
We'll beat ECU if we don't turn it over multiple times. Low scoring game.
Tech will be more formidable than we think. Appy won't be as good as in the past few years.
9-3 and bowl win would be a great year. 10 wins. Hard to piss on that.
People thought Doc was God with 10 wins.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Tech will be more formidable than we think. Appy won't be as good as in the past few years.
I still can't believe that we have never won at ECU. I do think we'll win that game, but in my opinion it's going to serve as a barometer for the rest of the season. To borrow a term from Chuck "Done Deal" Landon, it's a lynchpin game.

Relatively easy 14+ point win and I think we can get to 10 wins.
Close, hard fought win and I think we claw to a 8-9 win season.
Lose this game and I think it could be another lackluster or even disappointing season.

Last edited:
I know we are 52 days out from kickoff, but here are the matchup predictions per ESPN.

Opponent
Chance of Winning
Albany​
93.0%​
@ECU​
46.8%​
VT​
60.3%​
ODU​
80.7%​
@NCST​
19.8%​
@Ga State​
52.5%​
JMU​
72.8%​
@Coastal​
53.9%​
@Appy​
47.9%​
Ga Southern​
71.3%​
@S. Alabama​
52.3%​
Arkansas State​
77.0%​

- I know VT is down, but man 60.3% is pretty favorable. Given our offensive woes this shows just how much VT has fallen off. Yes we're at home, but still.

- Out of the three trips to Coastal, Appy, and USA, I wouldn't have expected Appy to be the one we're favored to lose. I figured out of the three that Appy would be our only favored matchup. With USA coming off their 10 win season I thought for sure they would get the nod. Also while I know Coastal lost their HC they still have McCall.
If Coastal isn’t flirting with being ranked by the time we play them, I could almost see McCall shutting it down and getting ready for the draft. He wanted to transfer and would have, but I heard academics were the issue. While they do have McCall, he will be in a new system.

If Coastal isn’t flirting with being ranked by the time we play them, I could almost see McCall shutting it down and getting ready for the draft. He wanted to transfer and would have, but I heard academics were the issue. While they do have McCall, he will be in a new system.
If the new coach is smart he won't overhaul much until next season. You have a pretty good SR QB. There's no point in upsetting him. Then again the new system could be even more complimentary to McCall. Time will tell though.

Reactions: Jartard

Considering what the fans put up with in the coaching regime prior to him?
MU was constantly in the running and it came down to the final 2 or so games of the season for MU to get the East.
MU was eliminated from the East by week 4 under Snyder.

Opponent
Chance of Winning
Albany​
93.0%​
@ECU​
46.8%​
VT​
60.3%​
ODU​
80.7%​
@NCST​
19.8%​
@Ga State​
52.5%​
JMU​
72.8%​
@Coastal​
53.9%​
@Appy​
47.9%​
Ga Southern​
71.3%​
@S. Alabama​
52.3%​
Arkansas State​
77.0%​

JMU stood out to me the most, since they co-won the division. I mean, we beat them previously, but damn...

Tech plays ODU and Purdue at home and Rutgers in NJ.
They could be 3-0 by the time they see us.
That's kind of weird to see them that low against Marshall.

I guess that ND win gives MU some elevation as a quality OOC opponent.

JMU lost a ton of guys, they are still our 2nd toughest home game. App OL is going to be one of the best we play all season. On the road in the atmosphere will be tough.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT