ADVERTISEMENT

What happened to the thread...

It's still there. It is in the thread entitled "Houston to lobby . . . ."

It wasn't a gold debate. It is the same thing he always does when hike is called out for purposely fabricating information and trying to present it as factual to help his argument. Sammy left after I posted a link to the thread he lied about.

There was another thread that was recently deleted though. This place is changing.

There was another thread that was recently deleted though. This place is changing.

I disagree. There were personal threats on that thread rifle. Not just verbal, but very direct physical threats. As a moderator I can tell you that the moderators on this board are very lenient about allowing things to stand. But when physical threats are made or insinuated it will be removed. That has always been the case as it should be.

Were those the threats against me? That's gone on for a decade, by numerous posters, and those posts have always stayed. I think they should stay in order for everyone to be able to read how foolish the poster is for making those threats.

Now, if I respond a bit harshly to people who have made physical threats against me, I look like the jerk because few others were able to read those threats against me by those posters before they were deleted.

Within the last handful of weeks, another thread was deleted on the smack board. That didn't used to be the case. It is policed quite well by the members over there.

I'm not complaining, but things are definitely moderated differently here than they used to be.

Reactions: Mike Gwinn
I am of the opinion that we should only lightly moderate posts. We're on a national network where Herd fans and fans from all over the country can easily access the board and comment. I understand its not always going to be rainbows and unicorns and a bit of thick skin is needed to contribute.

But, I also recognize that we've lost quite a few good posters over the last few years that do not feel the same way as I do about that. So the challenge for me is to find a comfortable medium. And it is a challenge.

I think Chris McLaughlin, GK, Random and the rest of the guys show good restraint in moderating but it is a goal of mine that the HN free board be a place where the posters that left feel comfortable enough to participate again in the future.

I wish the mods at Warchant would do it that way, Mike. Our political board was removed a year or so ago and any threads that get political are deleted or result in a ban. They then to be quite heavy-handed over there.

Reactions: Mike Gwinn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT