ADVERTISEMENT

Will Coach Dan D’antoni

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
A. Remain as head men’s basketball coach for the 2024-2025 season?
B. Resign
C. Be fired/non-renewed etc?
D. Something else (and I don’t know what that would be).

I hope you are wrong but I fear you are correct!
Sams wrong a lot and I'm betting this is another time.

Sam, you going to opener in the stadium that isn't being built?

Stick to television and eer bashing, you are good at those and I enjoy your insight.

Did you go to the other 50 announced baseball stadium openings over the past many decades?

Who was wrong the most, again?

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

Reactions: herdfan06
A. Remain as head men’s basketball coach for the 2024-2025 season?
B. Resign
C. Be fired/non-renewed etc?
D. Something else (and I don’t know what that would be).
As for D., let's ALL hope that D'Antoni gets hit squarely and solidly by the Pickleball "craze", and quickly at season's end puts "Coaching" permanently in the rear-view mirror!

Reactions: RhinoD
I am thinking that Dan's family will encourage him to retire, especially if he loses the first game in the tournament on Thursday. Surely Mike and his sister feel a sense of responsiblility to make the case to Dan. He has to know that his days are past, and the chances of winning big again are very slim.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I am thinking that Dan's family will encourage him to retire, especially if he loses the first game in the tournament on Thursday. Surely Mike and his sister feel a sense of responsiblility to make the case to Dan. He has to know that his days are past, and the chances of winning big again are very slim.
...I think the chances of Dan being on the sunny side of .500 are very slim.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I know that Mike has encouraged him to retire. This from family member who played golf with him last October at the Greenbrier.

I know that Mike has encouraged him to retire. This from family member who played golf with him last October at the Greenbrier.
Dan mentioned that Mike was talking to him about retiring in one of the pre season interviews.
But Dan said he felt great after getting surgery that was limiting him to walk (can't remember if it was hip or knee replacement) and he mentioned that he had been fighting long term covid complications and he was finally feeling better.
In his voice then and now, he doesn't sound like he has any intention of retiring soon.

Last edited:
Dan mentioned that Mike was talking to him about retiring in one of the pre season interviews.
But Dan said he felt great after getting surgery that was limiting him to walk (can't remember if it was hip or knee replacement) and he mentioned that he had been fighting long term covid complications and he was finally feeling better.
In his voice then and now, he doesn't sound like he has any intention of retiring soon.
I believe both knees…

While I respect his history with Marshall and the contributions both he and Mike have made … it’s time for a change. There’s no excitement anymore and little to look forward to … he has “lost Huntington” .. reminds me of how Huff lost Huntington when (if the rumors were correct) he expressed interest in another job before the first game of his first season here.

Reactions: cincyherdfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT