ADVERTISEMENT

Your pick as toughest game on 2015 Sked

TheGreenhouseEffect

Silver Buffalo
Aug 17, 2012
SilverCometTrail
I'm going with FAU at FAU. They are poised to become a mid major football power. They could give us all we want if we aren't ready.

W Ky second pick. WKY gives dirty play a new meaning in college football. Dirtiest team I may have ever seen play live. (CUSA officials enabled it too) I think our kids are ready for the let's get in the dirt with you schmucks and we will see who is still the king of CUSA. Still a tough one.

Ohio hands down. I say that not because we aren't a better team. We just struggle at Pedan. Look at these past results.

1998 30-23 W
2000 28-38 L
2002 24-21 W
2004 16-13 W
2011 7-44 L
2013 31-34 L

We better show up to play cause for whatever reason they ALWAYS see this as a game to circle on the schedule.

#2 game - Purdue

I'd say WKU then ohio.

However, I think we will manhandle both.

I do wish the Bell trophy were more grand than it currently is...tiny little thing...oh well.

I hope Birdsong is ready for the game at both stadiums.

Yeah, Ohio is a huge concern. I can see us obliterating Purdue in front of the largest or 2nd largest non-WVU crowd in the Joan and getting cocky.

Then we only have 6 days before going to Ohio where we are 3-3 since returning to FBS despite being the far superior team in 5 of those 6 games. All 3 of the wins were close too. Also, Ohio will have 9 days to rest after opening on a Thursday in Idaho.

I take what I said back...I think the chicken school, Purdue, will be tough.

We will have a new QB and some changes being made to our approach...it'll be his first start against a Big-10 opponent (regardless of how bad Purdue is, they still recruit Big-10 players) with new weapons and a whole new set of offensive things he's going to adjust to.
I don't doubt he will do well but the first game will be a little jittery, I think, for him.

1. Western Kentucky -- On the road, last years mess still fresh, etc.
2. Purdue -- As mentioned above, a bad Big10 team that would still be one of the better teams in CUSA.
3. Ohio -- For whatever reason we are not very good up there.
4. FAU -- They are starting to come along and leave their brethren at FIU behind.

The rest should be near locks if our quarterback is able to handle the game like our coaches think he can and the offensive line gets itself together during the fall.

WKU because they did beat us last year, then OU because even our great teams have struggled at Peden.

I would say Western Kentucky's gonna be the hardest game.

I wouldn't say these are the hardest games, but FAU and Middle Tennessee will be tough ones, for the simple fact we seem to always have one or two REALLY slow starts to some away games. I can totally see the Herd choking to these teams, for whatever reason.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT