ADVERTISEMENT

‘You Will Not Destroy America’: A Trump Battle Is No Longer One-Sided

dherd

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 23, 2007
President Trump has voiced his grievances against the F.B.I. with a series of insult-laden tweets, his targets have responded nearly in kind, turning a conflict that would in the past have stayed behind closed doors into a brawl for all to see.

ATTACKED COMEY:
Mr. Comey struck back on the president’s preferred digital soapbox. “Mr. President, the American people will hear my story very soon,” he wrote on Twitter on Saturday, in what was most likely a reference to his coming book. “And they can judge for themselves who is honorable and who is not.”

ATTACKED MCCABE:
Mr. McCabe, through his lawyer, “We will not be responding to each childish, defamatory, disgusting & false tweet by the President,”. “The whole truth will come out in due course.”

ATTACKED INTELLIGENCE AGENCIES:
“When the full extent of your venality, moral turpitude, and political corruption becomes known, you will take your rightful place as a disgraced demagogue in the dustbin of history,” wrote Mr. Brennan,
“You may scapegoat Andy McCabe, but you will not destroy America...America will triumph over you.”

"FOX NEWS":
“It seems to be a very short distance between the president’s Twitter device and the megaphone of Fox News and other allies on Capitol Hill,” Mr. Bash said. “I think most professionals I speak with think he will ultimately fail, but they worry we are a few Fox News segments away from more and more people in that conspiracy theory echo chamber.”

“Comey and Brennan are perfect examples who do not seek the limelight,” Ms. Divoll said, “who do not do anything but speak publicly and privately in very measured ways. But the gloves are off. That’s not happening anymore.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/19/...column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

ADVERTISEMENT