ADVERTISEMENT

“Why are we having all these people from sh!thole countries come here?”

No glee Gk. Don’t pay attention to BS from media or Democrats with no platform other than Trump bashing. I focus on results. Enjoy the ride

So if I walked into a poor neighborhood and told its occupants that they sure lived in a shithole, that wouldn't be hateful? I mean these guys know they’re poor and their housing is substandard. Many of them desire to move somewhere better. Many would like to improve their lot and wish to move somewhere with more opportunity...right? So let's go tell them to just stay in their own shithole neighborhood that they're not welcome. Nothing hateful about that, right?

Trump went into those countries and told them they live in shitholes?? Calling a place a shithole is generally not hateful when not directing it at a specific person.

Are we talking about Americans living in bad neighborhoods or foreigners living in other countries who don’t have an automatic right to live here?

Please stop with the sanctimonious BS.

And so voted for a crude, lying, cheating, vulgar, and unqualified moron. Good thinking.
He didnt vote for hillary. I know your not a bitter old man but you do make yourself sound like one. I wouldnt go to a board of people i disliked because I wanted to argue. Worry about their souls not who they vote for. At judgement who they voted for wont matter.

I swear, can't make this shit up. just flipped the tube on the Clinton news network for a bit of sunday morning entertainment to get me in a laughing mood for the day, and what are they still going on about . . . yep, trump calling those nations shitholes. LMMFAO!

CNN never disappoints.

all this talk about trump's potty mouth and he's made me another ten grand in the stock market this month. i'm kind of like @murox, if I could turn back time, he'd have gotten my vote, too. however, he will get my vote next time around. unlike murox, I've never been "with her".

Last edited:
He didnt vote for hillary. I know your not a bitter old man but you do make yourself sound like one. I wouldnt go to a board of people i disliked because I wanted to argue. Worry about their souls not who they vote for. At judgement who they voted for wont matter.

Tell you what. You pick out the "bitter" things I've said on this board and make a list of them. I'll re-post the ones you've made. And then let's compare who is bitter. Game on?

I swear, can't make this shit up. just flipped the tube on the Clinton news network for a bit of sunday morning entertainment to get me in a laughing mood for the day, and what are they still going on about . . . yep, trump calling those nations shitholes. LMMFAO!

CNN never disappoints.

all this talk about trump's potty mouth and he's made me another ten grand in the stock market this month. i'm kind of like @murox, if I could turn back time, he'd have gotten my vote, too. however, he will get my vote next time around. unlike murox, I've never been "with her".

If you had your money in the market since about 2009-2010, you've made money year over year since then, and lots of it. Now all of a sudden you and your ilk are high on the same exact economy that was prevalent the last 6 years of obama. Matter of fact, as for job creation, your lord and savior cheetos is 6th of the last 6 years.

Reactions: countryroads89
1. Their non English speaking kids have to go to school and learn English. That takes more time and infrastructure and puts more burden on the system. Learning a language that is not spoken in the home is more difficult for all parties involved.

2.upward mobility is limited if you don't speak the native language.

3. again, if you're coming here but just want to live in an isolated non English speaking neighborhood, you're not coming here for our culture; you're coming here for economic freedom, health care, upward mobility (which is fine, I'd do the same thing - we can argue the ethics of it and whether or not it's overall helpful as murox has mentioned)...and because your home country is a sh*thole.

4. they would "bother" to learn it or at least try because it's respectful to their new neighbors and countrymen. When I travel abroad I at least try to bring a little pocket language book or research some basic greetings to show respect. If we're going to push multi-culturalism as a net positive, then you need a bridge to help different cultures co-exist; that bridge is a common tongue at bare minimum.

1) Puts more burden on the system by having to hire ESL teachers? Please. That is a drop in the bucket for school costs for districts. It is more difficult for the children if that language isn't spoke in home? Children spend more time in school around English speakers than at home while not sleeping. They are exposed far more to English than their parents' native language. If anything, being multi-lingual gives them a huge advantage.

2) We don't need a country full of academics striving to be the next Bill Gates. We need some people who simply want a solid life where they can put a roof over their head, provide food on the table, and buy a dime bag every once in a while. Your "upward mobility" isn't what many, especially immigrants, need . . . at least in the definition you and I have for it. To them, "upward mobility" is simply providing the basic necessities for their family which most of these immigrants struggle to do in their homeland. They don't need a PhD in English for that. In many communities around the country, they don't even need to know how to say "hello," and again, there is nothing wrong with that.

Last week, I visited the largest job corps site in the country. It houses more than 1600 males and females between the ages of 16-24. They don't have to pay to stay in the dorms or for their food. They spend months learning a trade and can learn as many as they want to help with job placement. One kid I spoke with was at a similar job corps last year in North Carolina where he spent three months getting the construction certification. Now, he is here getting the same in rail-car mechanics so that he can work on railroad cars that are damaged. We need those types of people. Those people have faced similar constraints in life as the immigrants. Not having a college degree may make "upward mobility" harder, but not to the "upward mobility" these people envision. The same holds true for many immigrants.

3) And there isn't a damn thing wrong with that. Look, we don't all have to walk toe-to-heel behind each other. That is why so many people like what cities such as NYC, DC, San Fran, Los Angeles, and Houston provide; an extremely diverse blend of cultures that are all unique from each other. If everyone wanted to be a cracker who believed in Christianity, not dating outside of your race, sitting in the back of your pickup while drinking 'shine on Friday night, and supporting Trump, we'd all move to West Virginia. Embrace the diversity. America's culture is that it isn't just one culture. That is what separates it so much from many other countries.

4) This may be shocking to you, but we don't have a national language. Go to many, many areas of Texas and speak English. They will look at you funny. Hell, go to my hometown. I went to a museum there a few weeks ago. In the most popular exhibition, one of the hosts spoke in English while the other spoke Mandarin. Is it disrespectful that the influx of Chinese don't learn English to better fit in with their "new neighbors?" Of course not.

I didn't realize job corp sites are good places to score with easy chicks

Rifle - thanks for the thoughtful response.

The ESL is one very close to our family. Our school district is dealing with this now and administration is telling us it's a major problem. Lots of Mandarin, Spanish, and Korean speaking kindergarten kids makes for a challenge. In a Hispanic heavy area it's simpler, but we have a mix of kids East Asia mixed with Hispanics. It's very challenging to find additional space, teachers, and balance not holding other kids back to catch up the ESL kids.

As a broad brush view I do still think the best way for America is to bring people who want to learn the language - both in terms of meshing cultures and giving them the best chance to be off of government programs . I don't expect them to be PhDs, I just think their best chance to be a net positive is by having a skill set that includes ability/desire to learn to speak English. I am fully aware we have no national language.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT