ADVERTISEMENT

19-5

Part of that is also the TV exposure.

You play UNC or Kansas for a 1 and done...people will see you.
And if you happen to win you are THE topic that following week on all the radio, tv, a podcast shows. Look at how much mileage we got out of beating Notre Dame. We just failed to cash in on it.

Last edited:
And if you happen to win you are THE topic that following week on tall the radio, tv, a podcast shows. Look at how much mileage we got out of beating Notre Dame. We just failed to cash in on it.
The greatest fumble of all time may be our inability to capitalize on the "WE ARE MARSHALL" movie.
Dunk Fail GIF

No, he doesn't. At all.

He completely misses the point of organized sports altogether.

I would give you 100 likes if I could. Whole point is to win championships and our coaches are paid very well. Let's be honest, in our 2 main sports(bball and fball) we have failed pretty spectacularly at winning conference championships the past 20 years. I'm not saying we should win conference championships 90%, 80% or even 40% of the time. But winning the Conference should happen at least 30% of the time and the division 40% of the time.

It's about having and enforcing goals and standards. If we do not, then we end up just being irrelevant and it sucks being irrelevant like we have been the past 20 years(sans 2 seasons).

Remember that impressive choke job at home against UCF with the recent release of WAM and Matthew McConaughey on the sidelines, all while being televised by ESPN?

Choke job? Two 1-3 teams play. Marshall battles back from a double digit deficit. Takes a late lead and loses on a last second field goal. Quite the “choke job”

Love how every Marshall loss is a choke job in the eyes of you and bleeds.

Choke job? Two 1-3 teams play. Marshall battles back from a double digit deficit. Takes a late lead and loses on a last second field goal. Quite the “choke job”

We had a chance to seize the moment and failed. Just one of many Snyduh classic choke jobs.

The fact that you disagree with my assessment is complete validation that I am correct.

Reactions: The Real SamC

Oh, Aaron! You must be kidding?
Matthew McChay on our sideline. 4th & forever from about their 15(?) yard line. Under a minute left!! Game over, right? But wait! Their QB under pressure. Our DB for reasons known only to God abandons his receiver, because he thinks he can help sack the QB! UCF QB can’t believe what he is seeing, and throws completely across the field to his guy, who catches the ball & sees nothing but green & runs it all the way down deep into our red zone. Their fat bastard kicker trots onto the crowned field & sticks the fork in us, on linear TV!!!
Please tell me you are describing a different game than UCF vs Marshall 2007…….

Ok. Again. Fell behind. Came all the way back and one player tries to make a play on a 4th and 4 scramble drill. He made the wrong choice and Marshall choked? No. UCF made a play and won.

• Haha
Reactions: mlblack16.
Ok. Again. Fell behind. Came all the way back and one player tries to make a play on a 4th and 4 scramble drill. He made the wrong choice and Marshall choked? No. UCF made a play and won.
Often, one player makes a critical mistake that turns victory into defeat. But if you believe that teams win & lose games as one unit, then yes, Marshall choked that game away. Hansen (sp?) bobbles the snap at Akron. Tron fumbles at the goal line vs WVU. Skinner throws the unimaginable pick vs K-St. Our FG kicker misses 5 of them vs Middle.
Maybe this will be simpler if you define what a “choke” is & whether one player chokes or the entire team “chokes”?
Either way, the losses are looked back on as inexcusable displays of the lack of basic execution of end game plays…..

What are they? Just bad losses?

That was a loss against a team also trying to win.
I have seen you troll WVU fans, and rightfully so. The stuff that comes from you is the exact same things that you troll them about. We never lose! Always an excuse or reason for every “loss”. We’ve never had a bad coach at Marshall…..EVER! I’m also pretty sure you would never talk in the same manner to anyone on here face to face as you do behind your keyboard.

I have seen you troll WVU fans, and rightfully so. The stuff that comes from you is the exact same things that you troll them about. .... We’ve never had a bad coach at Marshall…..EVER! I
Indeed. While getting all puffed up and delusional about players and particular years/games/teams is pretty common among fans of all teams, one unique aspect of the Spamies is this delusion that every coach they have ever had is some kind of super genius who they plucked out of the grasp of every major program in the world. For example, look at the current worship of their career journeyman basketball coach, who will walk off the court the same way this year as he has every year. A loser. They actually mention him in the same breath as winning coaches.

You don't see that at Marshall, or most places. Except out of Perkins. To actually defend failure losers like TH or, of all things, MS, is just delusion writ large.

Fact is MU hasn't had a truly great coach in either of the two major sports since BP. Snyder was a total failure, Doc rebuilt what Snyder destroyed, but never could get over the hump to real greatness. The current coach is too early to tell, but early signs are not good, very inconsistant. In basketball, since Huck, we had two high and drys who used us as a stepping stone, but other than that, Freeman was a failure. White was just an early version of DD, same back story, same rah rah crap of people rooting for the narrative, rather than looking objectively at the mediocrity. Jirsa was a failure. Jones was a failure and a POS. Herrion was a failure and a drinker. DD had 8 great days, and but is a .500 coach against, generally, awful non-conference schedules and in two of the very bottom feeder conferences in D1.

We’ve never had a bad coach at Marshall…..EVER!
I think this pretty much sums things up. Aaron truly believes this and I think everything else is just a byproduct of this core belief.

That said, Perkins it's actually a good dude. He's just annoying as hell and has poor self-awareness and/or concern of how his defense of anything Marshall comes off toward others.

When you really think about it, college sports mean little in day to day life. If Marshall won the national title in basketball, the most the majority of fans would get out of it is a new T-shirt to wear while mowing the lawn.

If Perkins wants to be a super fan then good for him.

Reactions: horsrman
I have seen you troll WVU fans, and rightfully so. The stuff that comes from you is the exact same things that you troll them about. We never lose! Always an excuse or reason for every “loss”. We’ve never had a bad coach at Marshall…..EVER! I’m also pretty sure you would never talk in the same manner to anyone on here face to face as you do behind your keyboard.

What was so rude about my comment to think I couldn’t say it to someone.

Also. I didn’t make an excuse. I simply said we didn’t “choke”

What was so rude about my comment to think I couldn’t say it to someone.
It's your complete lack of respect for someone else's opinion, ya fvcking moron.

Do you not have someone in life who is willing to call you out on the stupid things you say and do?

I'll step up and be that individual. Trust me, you need it.

It's your complete lack of respect for someone else's opinion, ya fvcking moron.

Do you not have someone in life who is willing to call you out on the stupid things you say and do?

I'll step up and be that individual. Trust me, you need it.

A 24-8 head coach needs to stay
A 22-20 loss like that UCF game was not a choke
The ODU loss was not a choke
Doc was not ready to be fired, but I am very glad we have coach Huff
I loved what Mike Hamrick did, and I love the vision of Christian Spears
I support YOUR programs every second of every day of MY life

But sure.

I’m the bad guy!!!

That’s fine.

Go Herd!!

"Yes men" don't allow a department or company to get better and grow/prosper. They cause it to become complacent and lax. Thus, falling behind the competition

But sure.

I’m the bad guy!!!
Now where did I say that?
In fact, this is what I said in this very thread, just 3 or 4 posts earlier.
That said, Perkins it's actually a good dude.
You just want to see things your way. No problem, just don't be a little prick when someone shares a different opinion. You don't get to make the decision as to whether they are right or wrong.

What's so hard to understand about that?

Aaron, can we talk about my Facebook GIF that you deleted from your page?

We had a chance to seize the moment and failed. Just one of many Snyduh classic choke jobs.

The fact that you disagree with my assessment is complete validation that I am correct.
I remember that game. I was sitting with several former players that had graduated the season before. They were pissed we lost that game. One who was a prominent player said there was absolutely no excuse to lose that game.

It's fair to have some sets of standards for a program and still consider yourself a supporter.

That is kind of what fan support should be.

I'm sure UT fans ripped the team after being scored on so much by South Carolina, they ran out of fireworks.
I couldn't imagine Clemson or Texas A&M fans...

The problem here is, the fans don't hold the programs to the same expectations as they should across the board.
The question I have is, what are your expectations for Marshall programs?

I am sure you expect undefeated seasons and CFP or NCAA titles...as well all, deep down, do.

But if a team is just merely existing, that shouldn't be enough. I doubt anyone on here would say anyone has more fandom than you and we'd all agree on that. You just can't let the idea of holding a program/coach accountable be seen as a threat to said loyalty. It's not. It's what would make the program better.
As I said, I think you see MU sports as merely existing and your support covers that. Anything that could harm it, is seen as a threat and that's not true.

I feel many fans on here are sort of shell shocked at the idea that a coach is simply not good, despite what he did one season and now it's, kind of on the fans who need to make the changes and start expressing that the standards aren't being met.
It is fair the Athletic Director have set standards and evaluate coaches using them! Fans are too fickle and have myriad opinions about standards. I’ll accept the AD’s decision either way and will continue to support our athletic programs and our coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT