ADVERTISEMENT

19th National Championship for WV Natives

jocktalker

Silver Buffalo
Apr 5, 2007
With Alabama's win last night, it marked the 19th national championship title for WV born coaches.
7 Fielding Yost, Fairview (Michigan)
5 Nick Saban, Carolina (LSU/Bama)
4 John McKay, Shinnston (USC)
1 Jimbo Fisher, Clarksburg (Florida St)
1 Ben Schwartzwalder, Pt. Pleasant (Cuse)
1 Lou Holtz, Follansbee (Notre Dame)

17 of the 19 coaches grew up within a 25-mile radius in Marion and Harrison counties. All of them played high school football in West Virginia except Holtz.

I find it amusing that an Eerbilly based poster makes this post, yet not ONE of those coaches won even a bowl game at west Va. It illustrates the hilarious yet sad point west Va. U would rather listen to an out of state person and has more faith in them than hiring a West Virginian.

Only Marshall hires ex West Virginians for football and wins with them. West Va lets Buckeyes tell them how to manage their schools athletic directions, and they buy it, while the buckeye moves his career forward and then bolts.

Interesting post you missed the mark a bunch of times, but then again, you aren't too smart.

Right he did, GREAT coach. Where is he now.....?

Not there. Why? Because west Va u is too stupid to keep their own. You'd rather let a buckeye Ollie luck tell you how to think though! And you'll do EXACTLY what he asks as he betters his career, and makes decisions and statements that are bad for the state....but not HIM.

Like I said, where is Rich Rod now? I'd say this, we like throwing the ball at Marshall, but his running spread is exciting in its own way. He probably isn't a "fit" for Marshall unless he incorporated more throwing of the ball...which in his last bowl win he is beginning to.

It is not just athletics. It is the essence of what WVU is all about. To it West Virginia exists to fund it so it can further its mission of being a private school for northeastern rich kids. It has utter contempt for West Virginians otherwise.

It is unsurprising that WVU has no use for West Virginians as football coaches. It has no use for West Virginians as students, either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT