ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING 2020 Football Schedule Released

ENx9-QlUcAAi3n_.jpg:large

Damn, nine games without a bye and five of those on the road... Also, talk about front-loaded... With the exception of Rice, our seven toughest opponents are in the first eight weeks.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
……….Looks like the awwww shit game this year ends up being the finale...……..also - two 2 game homestands...….so we have that going for us.....goonga na goonga…..!

The weird thing is not knowing what to expect... Most seasons, when I see how we finished and look at what we have coming back I can make an educated guess at the next year's outcome (prior to this year I thought we would go 9-3, so I missed by 1).

Next year, I have no damn clue... We have a ton returning on offense, but our offense was awful so Im not sure that's a good thing. Defense has some young talent, but a ton of holes to fill. Special teams is all question marks, could be great, could be terrible.

I could see MU going 5-7, I could see MU going 9-3 and winning the division. Totally up in the air.

Looks like a possible 2-6 start.

I don’t know about quite that bad, but I think 3-5, 4-4 is certainly on the table.

I’m so terrified we will have waited too long and screwed around till doc leaves the program in no better or even worse shape then he found it .

Reactions: Herdmeister
I'm thinkin 4-8 if IG is our qb and 4-8 or better if GW or ES is our qb.

I guess we would all agree the opportunity is immense. Hope the fan base will do its part and make the Joan the place to visit it used to be. We're certainly going to need 11 on the field and 27K in the stands going nuts for the Herd,.

Reactions: herd66
I guess we would all agree the opportunity is immense. Hope the fan base will do its part and make the Joan the place to visit it used to be. We're certainly going to need 11 on the field and 27K in the stands going nuts for the Herd,.

If we want fans to show up we better get off to a good start... The Pitt game will be sold out or close to it either way, but if we start out 1-3 (or worse) by CUSA play there wont be 15k coming the rest of the season.

Reactions: Herdmeister
People should stop saying "we" and say "Doc" or "the team" more often. There really isn't anything we (you know, the royal we) can do about any of this stuff.

And I wouldn't be so sure this is Doc's last season. The conjecture about that has been 100% fan driven. There isn't anybody in the AD, much less Doc, indicating he's stepping away any time soon. If Green can turn a corner in his junior year, I doubt Doc would retire going into his senior year.

I guess we would all agree the opportunity is immense. Hope the AD will do its part and make the Joan the place to visit it used to be. We're certainly going to need 11 on the field and 27K in the stands going nuts for the Herd,.

Fixed it for you.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
If we want fans to show up we better get off to a good start... The Pitt game will be sold out or close to it either way, but if we start out 1-3 (or worse) by CUSA play there wont be 15k coming the rest of the season.

I'd expect that Boise will be a sellout if not really close. Marshall fans are event fans. They show out for bigger teams. Even when Marshall is bad.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
It’s hard to even expect a sellout crowd for Pitt and Boise State these days. There’s only been I think two crowds of 30k+ since Louisville in 2016. We had NC State at home in 2018 and it only drew 32k. I think one of the Pitt/Boise games could be sold out (probably Pitt since it’s Week 2), but not both. Especially if we start 0-3 or even 1-2 heading into the Boise game.

The schedule is not good for those who live out of town.October leaves the FAU game as the only option for us coming in for the Boise game.

It’s hard to even expect a sellout crowd for Pitt and Boise State these days. There’s only been I think two crowds of 30k+ since Louisville in 2016. We had NC State at home in 2018 and it only drew 32k. I think one of the Pitt/Boise games could be sold out (probably Pitt since it’s Week 2), but not both. Especially if we start 0-3 or even 1-2 heading into the Boise game.

I agree, expecting sellouts is pretty bold considering MU has had what two in the last decade?... If there is a sellout it will be Pitt, because its close in proximity and they will bring some fans. Boise State only gets close to a sellout if we are somehow 2-1 or better going into that game since they won't bring many folks.

The schedule is not good for those who live out of town.October leaves the FAU game as the only option for us coming in for the Boise game.

I will definitely come up for Pitt and Boise State... Then throw in FAU and probably MTSU... Will give my tickets away for Rice and Charlotte.

I agree, expecting sellouts is pretty bold considering MU has had what two in the last decade?... If there is a sellout it will be Pitt, because its close in proximity and they will bring some fans. Boise State only gets close to a sellout if we are somehow 2-1 or better going into that game since they won't bring many folks.

The state of the fanbase might cause problems too, even with getting 2 marquee OOC home games. Too many fans aren’t happy with the program right now. Not to mention, if there’s even a hint of rain in the forecast, the numbers will probably shrink by the thousands.

Reactions: RhinoD
The crowds for Pitt and Boise State will be very near capacity. The 11-14 crowd will be well over 25K regardless. The remaining games depend on performance of the team and factors such as weather, TV, what else is on TV, etc.

The doom and gloom anti-Doc minority are, as always predicting doom and gloom. Whatever.

I’d say we’ll get over 35K for both the Pitt and Boise games if we have good weather.
Hopefully the AD will put on a big push and promote these games heavily. That doesn’t mean just tweets and emails to BG members and season tix holders.

The crowds for Pitt and Boise State will be very near capacity. The 11-14 crowd will be well over 25K regardless. The remaining games depend on performance of the team and factors such as weather, TV, what else is on TV, etc.

The doom and gloom anti-Doc minority are, as always predicting doom and gloom. Whatever.

anti-Doc “MINORITY”???

I want some of what you’re having.

The crowds for Pitt and Boise State will be very near capacity.....The doom and gloom anti-Doc minority are, as always predicting doom and gloom. Whatever.
I don't think you have to be part of the "doom and gloom anti-Doc minority" to be skeptical about capacity crowd predictions. In the 20 years since the stadium expanded to 38k+, Marshall has had a total of four sellouts, and two of those came when hosting WVU.

You guys are overselling Boise... They won't bring many and even if they are ranked the crowd will be smaller than Pitt. Also there is a pretty good chance we will be sub .500 going into that game.

I think we get 35k for Pitt, maybe a sellout if we beat ECU and the weather is good. Somewhere around 32k for Boise. Hopefully, but certainly no guarantees, 25k for the anniversary game... The rest of the CUSA schedule is dependent on team performance and weather, ranging between 10-20k.

I’d say we’ll get over 35K for both the Pitt and Boise games if we have good weather
I think 35 K for Pitt will require a blowout win over ECU, but probably still not obtainable. 35 K for Boise will require a 3-0 start. There haven't been very many 35 K games lately

What was the attendance for Virginia Tech? Take that and subtract 4K. That will be the attendance for Pitt and/or Boise State.

If there was ever a put-up-or-shut-up year: 50th anniversary of the plane crash, loaded OOC schedule with a P5 and one of the best G5 teams, the (albeit remote) possibility to host Gameday if you're ranked coming into the week of 11/14....all this in our head coach's 11th season.

There's tons of opportunity for a special year out there...what we'll get remains to be seen.

Reactions: marshallisqbu
Marshall should have already hosted Gameday. CUSA’s lack of a relationship with ESPN at the time hurt us (BTW, in the next contract cycle, the MWC goes down that path, 100% Fox and CBS). We deserve to host Gameday. Gameday would be great. I have every belief that Doc will get this team to the point where we will deserve to host it again.

But not on 11-14-20. The fun and happiness of that event and what we must do on that day are incomparable with each other.

Marshall should have already hosted Gameday. CUSA’s lack of a relationship with ESPN at the time hurt us (BTW, in the next contract cycle, the MWC goes down that path, 100% Fox and CBS). We deserve to host Gameday. Gameday would be great. I have every belief that Doc will get this team to the point where we will deserve to host it again.

But not on 11-14-20. The fun and happiness of that event and what we must do on that day are incomparable with each other.
He can't even keep a strength and conditioning coach. Let's hope he can beat Middle Tenn and Charlotte next year in which I believe he is a lame duck coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT