ADVERTISEMENT

2024 W-L record predictions for the Herd.

6-6. Maybe 8-4 if everything aligns. Could see 5-7 as well.

6-6 and a new HC in 2025.

6-6 due to weak western division draw, meaningless pre-Christmas bowl game, blown out by another 6-6er from another G5 league that played a better schedule, Friday afternoon press release proclaiming is "unacceptable" then accepted.

6-6 due to weak western division draw
This is why I said 6-6 as well... Playing the projected two worst teams in the west is a huge thank you to the schedule makers... Beat those two, Ga. State (whose coach quit during spring practice) and Stony Brook, that's four wins. Western Michigan is a mid-pack MAC team in most projections I've seen... Then we just need one upset.

Marshall has a much better change against Ohio State than most people imagine. This is what their guys are busy doing. Just have the Marshall players talk with a lisp and say some swear words, and the Buckeyes will run off to Bible Study in the middle of the second quarter.

Just like with Snyds..
It was that epic collapse in the final game at UTEP was that the final straw that broke the camel's back on him. Had we not melted down like that I think he gets the bowl game and who knows after that. Down 20-14 at the half and then get your doors blown off 32-7 in the second half was the ammunition Hamrick needed to end it.

Now if we're going into JMU sitting at 6-5 and get out doors blown off (ESPN Matchup Predictor gives us a 28.1% chance of winning) then I could see him not getting the bowl game.

WMU is going to be a good barometer for how this season will play out. Lose that game and all bets are off on just how bad things could get.

If we go 6-6 you think Huff will be fired and not allowed to coach the bowl?
I do, I believe they will have began the coaching search already to try and get ahead of the game. I don't think he coaches a bowl game at all. If we go 10-2 he's hired elsewhere before. If we go 6-6 he's "relieved of his duties" so we can do a more lengthy search this time. Maybe I'm incorrect but we shall see

It was that epic collapse in the final game at UTEP was that the final straw that broke the camel's back on him. Had we not melted down like that I think he gets the bowl game and who knows after that. Down 20-14 at the half and then get your doors blown off 32-7 in the second half was the ammunition Hamrick needed to end it.

Now if we're going into JMU sitting at 6-5 and get out doors blown off (ESPN Matchup Predictor gives us a 28.1% chance of winning) then I could see him not getting the bowl game.

WMU is going to be a good barometer for how this season will play out. Lose that game and all bets are off on just how bad things could get.

You think the AD has a set number of wins to potentially retain Huff and if he falls below it, he's gone?

You think the AD has a set number of wins to potentially retain Huff and if he falls below it, he's gone?
I would think there's a threshold he has to reach in order for them to even consider him staying. Surely under 8 wins isn't enough to warrant an extension.

I do, I believe they will have began the coaching search already to try and get ahead of the game. I don't think he coaches a bowl game at all. If we go 10-2 he's hired elsewhere before. If we go 6-6 he's "relieved of his duties" so we can do a more lengthy search this time. Maybe I'm incorrect but we shall see
I agree that they definitely have been putting together their list of potential candidates. I would hope they've already been working back channels to gauge interest.

First paragraph of this is incorrect.

It was already done

The AD, a non-leader, is on record as saying this:

Beating a I-AA by 4 points at home,
Winning zero games versus I-A teams with winning regular season records (Virginia Tech, which had its worst team in living memory, went 7-6 if you count the bowl win over an AAC team)
Going 6-7,
As a follow up to 9-4 and 7-6 is "unacceptable",

But accepted.

No real reason, especially considering the vast majority of the fanbase already had written off (correctly) both Ohio State and Virginia Tech, and considering the ultra light cross-division schedule, that another Friday afternoon press release calling 6-7 "unacceptable" but accepting it is not our fate. CH is incapable of producing the kind of season that will get him his next gig for the real big money, and the bottom of the SBC is likewise incapable of laying on a record that would make even a non-leader fire him. 6-7, meaningless pre-Christmas bowl, ours is to accept this and demand nothing. We are to do as we are told.

Anyone's prediction change after yesterday? We have capable offense and the defense seemed stout...still vs Stony Brook, not many answers, as they were so bad last year we can't gauge their improvement, if any. However, we seemed to execute well and had no procedural penalties like delays and false starts or turnovers, which we used to rack up. Those things are valuable against any team we're going to play. I thought we looked "well-oiled" after the first quarter.

Anyone's prediction change after yesterday? We have capable offense and the defense seemed stout...still vs Stony Brook, not many answers, as they were so bad last year we can't gauge their improvement, if any. However, we seemed to execute well and had no procedural penalties like delays and false starts or turnovers, which we used to rack up. Those things are valuable against any team we're going to play. I thought we looked "well-oiled" after the first quarter.
No... Stony Brook may be the worst team in all of Division I (FBS or FCS). They were small up front, clearly a step slower at the skill positions, playing a freshman QB, and their best athlete got hurt in the second quarter.

A win is a win in week one... But we really gleaned nothing from last night. We played our entire 2-deep plus some and steamrolled an absolutely awful FCS team.

The good news is, VT looked bad against Vandy, their QB is hurt, and fans are calling to Pry to be fired in week 1. Hopefully we can make all that work for us next week and play well.

Anyone's prediction change after yesterday?

Why should it? Like 99% of the teams, this week or next, we paid a lower level team, a substantial amount of money to show up for a ease into the season game. Stony Brook is a I-AA team from a part of the country where college football is the least a part of the local culture than any other. We were supposed to win. The fact that we did so easily this year, as contrasted to the struggle last year is probably a function of SUNY-Stony Brook being one of the worst I-AA teams in the country (0-10, 2-9, 5-6 in the last three years), while SUNY-Albany is a solid team that made the I-AA playoffs. But we should not be having discussions about how good or bad a particular I-AA is, we are supposed to grab any by the throat and dominate.

This is you kid who has struggled with math, science, and history coming home and telling you he got a good grade in music appreciation. He is supposed to get an A in that, everyone is supposed to.

The fact that VPI lost to SEC doormat Vandy, may be something, but we beat VPI last year, and last year was "unacceptable" (but accepted). I'm not hopeful of beating an ACC team twice in a row.

Reactions: MUMAN3419
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT