ADVERTISEMENT

29 straight games as a Favorite

Maybe somebody will emerge as a star for Marshall. I think we can beat or lose to anyone on our schedule. I really want to beat WKU

Reactions: HerdLover
Don't hate on me for stating the obvious. Put down the Kool-Aid for a minute and ask yourself if we would be favored against WKU on the road if the game were played Saturday. Or if the current trend of both teams stay the course they're on now if we will be favored in Nov. WKU can improve just like us can't they?

Reactions: jkcoltsfan18
Love the spirit! Because nobody can improve as a team, right?
I agree with Marine here. Nothing says that you cant win as an underdog but most likely if no significant changes are made for either team, we should be a underdog going into both of those games.

Don't hate on me for stating the obvious. Put down the Kool-Aid for a minute and ask yourself if we would be favored against WKU on the road if the game were played Saturday. Or if the current trend of both teams stay the course they're on now if we will be favored in Nov. WKU can improve just like us can't they?

To be honest, if we were underdogs, it'd be by a smaller margin than people think. Considering who we just played in the defense and with Litton's confidence increasing and our defense being as stout as it has been.
WKU is good, but they are human. They struggled at times against a Louisiana Tech team who really didn't seem like they knew what the hell they were doing on the field half the time.

But hey, who's to say WKU would be favored in November? They have to survive LSU...AT LSU...which means Doughty could very easily become ground beef by the end of the game...not to mention LSU could easily pick apart their team. Plus, they're also picked to win the damn thing, which means they're going to have to go through the entire conference schedule with a target on their backs and everyone's best each game.

If I gave Marshall an edge, it'd be because of this being a revenge game and for the division winner and that's really it for now.

Reactions: HerdLover
An underdog by 1 or 100 is still an underdog. That's not the argument here. We now hold (assuming BAMA is not favored) for the longest favorite streak in the country, that's not by how much and LSU really has nothing to do with that.

I just wanted to point this out to show how far we've came over the past few years and how we need to appreciate more how much our team has accomplished over the past 3 years. If you would have came up to me in 2007-2012 and told me there'd be a day where we'd go almost 3 full seasons and never be an underdog, I'd tell you to lay down the pipe.

Enjoy the ride for all it's worth...so very much different from our early years in the conference.

Maybe somebody will emerge as a star for Marshall. I think we can beat or lose to anyone on our schedule. I really want to beat WKU
I really want to beat the WKU Hilltoppers too. We will have to get stronger on both sides of the ball before November 27th. If we played them today, 42-13 Hilltoppers. I Love my Herd, but when I watched us lose to Ohio U on the same day WKU beat Miami of O 56-14, I started doing the math. All this said, Go Herd! I always believe on Game Day.

I just wanted to point this out to show how far we've came over the past few years and how we need to appreciate more how much our team has accomplished over the past 3 years. If you would have came up to me in 2007-2012 and told me there'd be a day where we'd go almost 3 full seasons and never be an underdog, I'd tell you to lay down the pipe.

Maybe, but I'd never dream we'd be in a conference with this caliber of teams either. It makes a huge difference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT