ADVERTISEMENT

$444 worth of groceries, feeds a California family for a week and a half.

30CAT

Platinum Buffalo
May 29, 2001
Too bad they aren’t illegal foreign nationals. Their food, clothing and housing would be free. 😡

Yep. California is just awesome 👌

A family shopping at a Westlake Village, California, location of Trader Joe's recently spent $444 on a week-and-a-half's worth of food, sparking a discussion on social media.

Stop ruining the board. As much of a moron as you are, even you see the numerous issues with your bogus complaint.

"Nearly half of everything on the list is organic, which is a luxury. Also things like Gnocci Alla Sorrentina, surfine capers, and Brazil nut body wash (!)?" another argued. "If he's going to cry about prices, at least have some buying discipline."

also:

"Trader Joe’s is cheap, but this person didn’t buy anything to cook, it’s all prepared stuff which is always more," a commentator wrote. "Buy ingredients and make food."

i've never been to a trader joe's but it must be a pricy place (EDIT: apparently not as the second quote above which i apparently missed over reading "didn't buy anything to cook, it's all prepared stuff which is always more"), at least according to several comments included in the link. break it down, though, $444 for 6 kids plus mom and dad, so for 8: $444 / 8 mouths / 10 days / 3 meals per day = $1.85 per meal per person. i was going to exclude one meal per day for a net of $2.78/meal/person, but they still likely at that meal somewhere. not that bad at the end of the day.

hell, in BUMFUHK WV, i know i spend way more than that when looking at it from a per person per meal basis, but only because we rarely cook and eat out quite a bit . . . except for today, ribs going on the smoker around 11 for a long slow smoke. $35 for two racks of spare ribs, make it $40 to include seasonings; probably another $10 to $15 for smoked mac-n-cheese, and i'm at $50. 5 of us eating, so $10 per person, plus the $20 worth of beer i'll no doubt consume during the smoking process.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19MU88
Stop ruining the board. As much of a moron as you are, even you see the numerous issues with your bogus complaint.

I'm not ruining anything, diaper baby.

Read it or don't. You have a choice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT