ADVERTISEMENT

A forgotten game

greengeezer

Platinum Buffalo
Dec 25, 2007
Today, when I was driving out for lunch, I noticed a town resident a few streets over from me had installed horseshoe pits. What a wonderful game.

I remember playing horseshoes when I was a kid. Especially in the summer when I went to camp. I was small the first time I tried the game and could hardly get the heavy shoe half way to the pit. I improved to the point I was a pretty good thrower.

They should make horseshoes an Olympic sport. Much better than ribbon twirling.

Last edited:
Today, when I was driving out for lunch, I noticed a town resident a few streets over from me had installed horseshoe pits. What a wonderful game.

I remember playing horseshoes when I was a kid. Especially in the summer when I went to camp. I was small the first time I tried the game and could hardly get the heavy shoe half way to the pit. I improved to the point I was a pretty good thrower.

They should make horseshoes an Olympic sport. Much better than ribbon twirling.
Still trying to figure out what I'm gonna do with all these Breakin' 2 bootleg DVDs since they took breakdancing out of the next Olympics.

Reactions: 30CAT
They always pitched horseshoes at family reunions. The older men would set it up. Kind of one of those sounds you never forget.

Reactions: 30CAT
since they took breakdancing out of the next Olympics.
Yeah, that girl from Australia who just walked around for five minutes then got on her side and flipped like a half dead fish pretty much killed the future of Breakin’.

Yeah, that girl from Australia who just walked around for five minutes then got on her side and flipped like a half dead fish pretty much killed the future of Breakin’.

That was hilarious. How in the heck did she qualify?

Anyway, I love the game of horseshoes.

The original corn hole

The original corn hole
Since football season hasn’t started, I had forgotten all about corn hole. It is the modern evolution of horseshoes and you can play it inside. Parents frown on playing horse shoes inside.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT