ADVERTISEMENT

A look at Jon Elmore.....

Josh Stowers

Staff Writer
Jan 19, 2007
Courtesy of Steve Cotton, here are the numbers Jon has been able to accumulate through his first three seasons with Marshall. Keep in mind that he sat out the first half of his freshman season due to NCAA transfer rules. As long as Elmore keeps his current pace, we'll have watched the greatest player ever at Marshall and C-USA (statistically speaking).

816 PTS – SINGLE SEASON RECORD @ MU (5TH IN C-USA ALL-TIME)

1,888 PTS (CAREER) - 4TH @ MU (SKIP HENDERSON – 2,574)

1,888 PTS (CAREER) - 9TH IN C-USA HISTORY (UTEP’S STEFON JACKSON – 2,456)

244 ASSISTS – SINGLE SEASON RECORD @ MU (3RD IN C-USA ALL-TIME)

596 ASSISTS (CAREER) - 3RD @ MU (GREG WHITE – 701)

596 ASSISTS (CAREER) – 6TH IN C-USA (UTEP’S JULYAN STONE – 714)

232 FT’S – SINGLE SEASON RECORD @ MU (3RD IN C-USA ALL-TIME)

518 FT’S (CAREER) FT’S – 2ND @ MU (JOHN TAFT - 525)

518 FT’S (CAREER) - 2ND IN C-USA (UTEP’S STEFON JACKSON – 726)

In Short

Already has the Single season records in scoring, assists, and Free Throws made.

686 points away from owning the Marshall and CUSA career scoring records.
118 assists away from owning the Marshall and CUSA assist records
208 Free Throws away from owning the Marshall and CUSA Free Throw records

Not bad for just a decent player

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Speaking of rumors... there are some rumors on WVU websites that have Chase Harler transferring elsewhere and we're prominently mentioned. Lots of rumors floating around these days .

Speaking of rumors... there are some rumors on WVU websites that have Chase Harler transferring elsewhere and we're prominently mentioned. Lots of rumors floating around these days .

I think he would be a good fit for the Herd. He’s deceptively athletic and a better than I thought he would be defender. He doesn’t get his shot off as quickly as I thought he would and if left completely open I suspect he’s a knock down shooter (Huggs said atbone point best in the team)...but against quick B12 defenders he never got shots off and didn’t shoot too well.

He plays with good energy and is tough. I don’t think he’s better than your starting guards but he’d be a solid contributor I bet.

...get him on the Ot Elmore workout plan and he’ll have no hair and a beer gut but be deadly from range in no time :)

Last edited:
I think he would be a good fit for the Herd. He’s deceptively athletic and a better than I thought he would be defender. He doesn’t get his shot off as quickly as I thought he would and if left completely open I suspect he’s a knock down shooter (Huggs said atbone point best in the team)...but against quick B12 defenders he never got shots off and didn’t shoot too well.

He plays with good energy and is tough. I don’t think he’s better than your starting guards but he’d be a solid contributor I bet.

...get him on the Ot Elmore workout plan and he’ll have no hair and a beer gut but be deadly from range in no time :)
I seen him play at Wheeling Central and was very unimpressed. I’ll be honest, when he’s gotten PT at wvu, he’s actually shown me a lot more than I thought he had. I think he’s a terrible fit for the system up there and would be a perfect fit for Marshall’s system as most WVHS players will be.

And we’ve tried putting more players on the Ot Elmore workout plan. They leave the program because they can’t hang.

Reactions: -CarlHungus-

I'd be more interested if he had more than 2 years eligibility remaining.

Just a hunch. It took a tourney bid for the nation to even know who he was. I think a bigger team gets him some exposure. I don’t think he’s leaving for the NBA, but grad transfer.

My hunch is he stays. I think he's emotionally vested in this team and it's a system that's comfortable to him. He has a LARGE role and the tools around him only improve next season. Too many unknowns in a transfer to a system not identical to ours. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

My hunch is he stays. I think he's emotionally vested in this team and it's a system that's comfortable to him. He has a LARGE role and the tools around him only improve next season. Too many unknowns in a transfer to a system not identical to ours. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.
I agree. I don't think it's easy for a player just to up and leave after making friends and building chemistry with teammates. He very well could take the selfish route, but he hasn't and I hope he doesn't. Like previous posters have said, he's already in a system that he's comfortable in. It may not be wise to jump ship and try something new.

I agree. I don't think it's easy for a player just to up and leave after making friends and building chemistry with teammates. He very well could take the selfish route, but he hasn't and I hope he doesn't. Like previous posters have said, he's already in a system that he's comfortable in. It may not be wise to jump ship and try something new.

Over 800 players made that decision after last season.

In Short

Already has the Single season records in scoring, assists, and Free Throws made.

686 points away from owning the Marshall and CUSA career scoring records.
118 assists away from owning the Marshall and CUSA assist records
208 Free Throws away from owning the Marshall and CUSA Free Throw records

Not bad for just a decent player
You think he will make an NBA player?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT