ADVERTISEMENT

AAC still trying to make 'P6' happen

HerdFan76

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 10, 2011
PROVIDENCE, RHODE ISLAND – American Athletic Conference Commissioner Mike Aresco today released the Conference’s Strategic Plan, which focuses on providing students at its member institutions with the highest quality academic, athletic and personal experience competing in a Power 6 conference.

The plan is a working document which identifies The American’s core philosophies and activation plans that will support the league’s mission. The Conference’s Strategic Planning Subcommittee, led by East Carolina University Director of Athletics and Chair of the Athletic Directors Committee Jeff Compher, and the Commissioner and his staff, worked collaboratively with the various conference constituencies as well as with consultants Wasserman Media Group, to develop this plan.

“Our aim as a Power 6 conference is to pursue academic and athletic excellence at every level and within the context of our core values,” Aresco said. “Our mission statement and series of goals and strategies reflect the collective spirit of our schools as our student-athletes seek to distinguish themselves in their academic, athletic and personal pursuits. Our schools also seek to engage effectively with their communities and with their peers in the intercollegiate community. This document provides a blueprint for our Conference’s continued growth and success, and serves to enhance our cohesion and camaraderie in pursuit of our shared objectives. I want to thank Jeff Compher and all those who worked on our Plan for their outstanding contributions.”

“The American Athletic Conference has enjoyed great success in many areas during its first four years of existence,” said Susan Herbst, University of Connecticut President and Chair of the Board of Directors. “The league’s new Strategic Plan will help guide our Conference in its next phase of development. College athletics is always in a pattern of change and it is important for The American to have a bold and aggressive plan as we look to the league’s future.”

“Being a part of the team that created the first Strategic Plan for the American Athletic Conference was a rewarding and gratifying professional experience,” Compher said. “The Athletic Directors, Conference Staff and other leaders from each of our 12 member institutions came together to create a living document that provides a strong set of core values as well as high expectations for the future. We are committed to working to accomplish our goals as we continue to build an outstanding brand for the American Athletic Conference. Many thanks to Mike Aresco and to our other Committee members for their hard work in the process.”

“Our aim as a Power 6 conference is ..."

1: If you call a tail a leg, how many legs does a horse have?

2: 5.

1: No, calling a tail a leg does not make it so.

(attributed to Lincoln, who knows)

Think about this. The Big Lie in action. Just make up a term and say you are covered by it. Imagine how dishonest and desparate this is. Imagine if JJ announced "as one of the 10 most business friendly states" or Mike Brown announced "as the 5 time Super Bowl champions..." or Scott Baio announced "as one of the nation's 5 most popular actors..."

There is no "power 6". What there is is liar Mike Arseco's name on a contract that acknowledges The AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!! as a member of the mid-major Group of 5.

Is he also a stand up comedian? Cause really, he has lost his mind if he thinks this is going to happen.

Reactions: pdbailey
1: If you call a tail a leg, how many legs does a horse have?

2: 5.

1: No, calling a tail a leg does not make it so.

(attributed to Lincoln, who knows)

Think about this. The Big Lie in action. Just make up a term and say you are covered by it. Imagine how dishonest and desparate this is. Imagine if JJ announced "as one of the 10 most business friendly states" or Mike Brown announced "as the 5 time Super Bowl champions..." or Scott Baio announced "as one of the nation's 5 most popular actors..."

There is no "power 6". What there is is liar Mike Arseco's name on a contract that acknowledges The AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!! as a member of the mid-major Group of 5.

SamC, the "Big Lie" actually began when the rear end licking talking heads at ESPN started using terms like Power 5 and Mid Major to differentiate between the conferences. No doubt being done to further curry favor with the SEC, ACC, Big-10, etc. When leaders of other conferences merely sat mute, never forcefully protesting and taking to task such labels, then ESPN continue to use these terms more frequently. Now, unfortunately, such terms have become acceptable in describing the two groups of Division 1 schools, with such connotations as being a "mid major" and a "non power" school definitely carrying a negative stigma. Although it is, even today, still somewhat unclear that when ESPN clowns like Jay Bile-Ass talk about "mid majors", are they describing ALL basketball playing teams in D-1 except for the so called "power conference" schools?

Well from my view at least the AAC Commish is speaking up for the member schools. So those of you so critical of what he would like to see happen I ask - what is the commissioner of mighty CUSA doing?
Right.

"Speaking up..." would be "well, really, we think we are the best of the 'group of 5'" or "actually, of course, we disagree with dividing the Division into 2 parts" or even "we think there should be a Power 6 because we are just as good as the bottom league in the Power 5, the Big 12".

What this character did is Bagdad Bob level denial. It smacks of dishonesty, desperation, and delusion. Which are the three main atributes of THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!

What is CUSA's commissioner doing. Accepting reality and working quietly to improve the league, without looking like a fool.

They should use the old CONNFLiCT rivalry trophy as the league's championship trophy.

Hell, why stop there - hand out a BCS auto-bid to the winner like it was a Bennigan's gift card.

Cmon Sam the CUSA Commissioner is "quietly working to improve the league!" Really? You're full of the proverbial brown stuff but that is your opinion and I will (gulp) respect you for it but don't believe it for a minute. I don't think the current CUSA Commissioner carries any weight with any of the other leagues - P5 or G5.

I salute their efforts, but too late to the party. The Pee5 is about to run into fiscal shortcomings in about 3 years after espn and fox realize the payoffs can't continue. Add in those cord cutting pro commie liberal millineals that watch documentaries instead of sports and you've got a real squeeze on the payoffs as advertisers ain't gonna ante up for a continual dwindling audience. THEN add in that Gee5 "actual" college football will be in a format much more cost friendly to those pinko commie cord cutting mils via streaming at virtually a fraction of the cost of the Pee5s and you've got a DISASTER! The Pee5 will implode, its unsustainable ove the long haul.

Nope no worries for the AAC there will soon be a realignment , realignment. Confernces based on geographies not monies, college football may actually be saved from espn and the NCAA and we will once again get to watch Roogers play Wet Vagine and Tejas schools from Cusa and b12 will axe themselves why did we EVER fly up there anyways?

"Speaking up..." would be "well, really, we think we are the best of the 'group of 5'" or "actually, of course, we disagree with dividing the Division into 2 parts" or even "we think there should be a Power 6 because we are just as good as the bottom league in the Power 5, the Big 12".

What this character did is Bagdad Bob level denial. It smacks of dishonesty, desperation, and delusion. Which are the three main atributes of THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!

What is CUSA's commissioner doing. Accepting reality and working quietly to improve the league, without looking like a fool.
LOL REALLY COME ON YOU AND GREENHOSE NEED TO GET A GRIP WOW
DONT CARE WHAT YOU COME BACK WITH ON MY QUOTE. I COME HERE EVERY DAY TO SEE WHOS WHINING ABOUT POOR OLE US NOT GETTING ANYTHING FROM THE STATE OR FROM CUSA OR WE ARE THE NOTRE DAME OF THE G 5 WE SHOULD BE IN THE AAC... MONEY TALKS BS WALKS.
I LOVE IT.. BAN ME I WILL STILL READ IT EVERY DAY LIKE A LOT OF OTHERS JUST TO HEAR YOU BITCH AND MOAN. LIKE. WE SHOULD GO BACK TO THE MAC LIKE SOME SAY . THINK ABOUT IT WHY WOULD THEY WANT YOU BACK.. WE ARE BETTER THAN THE... BIG 12 REALLY.... KANSAS WOULD SMACK YOU... WHEN THE ONE EYED STOOGE WAS HIRED 7 YEARS AGO HE WAS BETTER THAN SLICED BREAD..BUT NOW WE NEED TO GET HIM OUT..GET A GRIP YOU ARE WHAT YOU ARE . AND WILL ALLWAYS BE.. G5 MIDDLE OF THE PACK

LOL REALLY COME ON YOU AND GREENHOSE NEED TO GET A GRIP WOW
DONT CARE WHAT YOU COME BACK WITH ON MY QUOTE. I COME HERE EVERY DAY TO SEE WHOS WHINING ABOUT POOR OLE US NOT GETTING ANYTHING FROM THE STATE OR FROM CUSA OR WE ARE THE NOTRE DAME OF THE G 5 WE SHOULD BE IN THE AAC... MONEY TALKS BS WALKS.
I LOVE IT.. BAN ME I WILL STILL READ IT EVERY DAY LIKE A LOT OF OTHERS JUST TO HEAR YOU BITCH AND MOAN. LIKE. WE SHOULD GO BACK TO THE MAC LIKE SOME SAY . THINK ABOUT IT WHY WOULD THEY WANT YOU BACK.. WE ARE BETTER THAN THE... BIG 12 REALLY.... KANSAS WOULD SMACK YOU... WHEN THE ONE EYED STOOGE WAS HIRED 7 YEARS AGO HE WAS BETTER THAN SLICED BREAD..BUT NOW WE NEED TO GET HIM OUT..GET A GRIP YOU ARE WHAT YOU ARE . AND WILL ALLWAYS BE.. G5 MIDDLE OF THE PACK

100877-Anchorman-I-dont-know-what-wer-kWTL.gif

Reactions: beefcake0520
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT