ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Hernandez

andy4theherd

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2007
Capture.png

Cheering for a person who poses no threat to anyone to die is barbaric. It's a sad situation all around. Besides the victims' families, there are also some victims on the other side. A young girl is now without a father. A loving mother and brother is now without a brother.

Aaron's brother started coaching the same time that I did, and I got to know him quite well. He and his mother tried moving forward with their lives after everything, and this is just another blow to them (as well as the young girl, the families of the victims, etc.).

It's a fair question. You said you agreed with me. From past discussions, you can't agree with all of what I typed unless you changed your stance.

Someone forgot which username he was using.

Not at all. I have explained this multiple times on here. My laptop, desktop, and iPad are all logged into this name. My iPhone is logged into the other name. I don't know the password to either, don't know which email each name goes to (to get the password, you have to fill in the email instead of the screen name), and don't care enough to spend the five minutes it would take to figure it out.

Now, back to the topic. Have you changed your stance on capital punishment or was I correct by stating that you only agree with part of what I posted?

My long standing position on this is I see it as a just punishment for certain crimes. Not for a "deterrent" or any other reason. Just justice for a crime committed.

I'm in favor of the Death Penalty as a concept, though I am against it being practiced by any semblance of our current judicial system.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
My long standing position on this is I see it as a just punishment for certain crimes. Not for a "deterrent" or any other reason. Just justice for a crime committed.

I'm in favor of the Death Penalty as a concept, though I am against it being practiced by any semblance of our current judicial system.

sitting-on-fence.jpg

I'm not on the fence. I think the death penalty should not be available for sentencing in 2017 the way American courts are structured.

If that would change and the "human element" can be removed I would be in favor of the death penalty being legalized.

It is just a terrible situation really. All that talent wasted. He was a hell of a ball player. All this for killing some thug? Hell, in Salt Rock he'd be hailed a hero and let off the hook like that cop who killed our drug dealing neighbor back in '98.

He was selling to kids in Salt Rock. Their parents wanted him bumped off. Of course they just claim it's an unsolved mystery, but nobody cares. The overall sentiment was good riddance.

Reactions: i am herdman
Abortion is the death sentence. Problem is the person choosing to abort is the only one guilty. Why are liberals for ths death penalty with babies but not adults?

Cheering for a person who poses no threat to anyone to die is barbaric. It's a sad situation all around. Besides the victims' families, there are also some victims on the other side. A young girl is now without a father. A loving mother and brother is now without a brother.

Aaron's brother started coaching the same time that I did, and I got to know him quite well. He and his mother tried moving forward with their lives after everything, and this is just another blow to them (as well as the young girl, the families of the victims, etc.).

Let's not forget that this is a situation created entirely by AH's decisions and actions.

AH chose to be a murderer.

AH selfishly, and cowardly, chose to take his own life.

All of the victims here - the family members of those AH killed, as well as his own - are victims because AH made conscious decisions to engage in actions that hurt them.

While I certainly have sympathy for those he has hurt, my sympathy for him, as the responsible sociopath for this grief, is significantly less.

AH was nothing more than a cowardly, selfish punk. If he cared about his family more than he did himself, he wouldn't have committed any of the acts that took him away from them, including his suicide.

It is just a terrible situation really. All that talent wasted. He was a hell of a ball player. All this for killing some thug? Hell, in Salt Rock he'd be hailed a hero and let off the hook like that cop who killed our drug dealing neighbor back in '98.

He was selling to kids in Salt Rock. Their parents wanted him bumped off. Of course they just claim it's an unsolved mystery, but nobody cares. The overall sentiment was good riddance.

The difference here is AH was the thug. He was all up in up some gangsta shit.

Reactions: Marine03
Abortion is the death sentence. Problem is the person choosing to abort is the only one guilty. Why are liberals for ths death penalty with babies but not adults?

It's sad with all that's wrong with this world you buffoons always point to abortion as the reason to vote morons into office. Even more stupid on your part you think POTUS is ever going to change the fact that people have a right to choose.

While I certainly have sympathy for those he has hurt, my sympathy for him, as the responsible sociopath for this grief, is significantly less.

Christ, were you from one of those extremely religious families where all books other than the Bible were barred? From my post, where did you interpret that you should have sympathy for him? Your entire post was an argument about why you don't have sympathy for him. How did you get that from any way from my post?

AH was nothing more than a cowardly, selfish punk. If he cared about his family more than he did himself, he wouldn't have committed any of the acts that took him away from them, including his suicide.

Yep, you're clueless on this much like many other topics.

Aaron was just exonerated for the double-murders. He had a fairly decent chance that he would get a new trial for his conviction. In other words, he had quite a strong reason to not commit suicide if your claims of cowardly and selfish were as strong as you argued them to be.

In reality, Hernandez showed the exact opposite of what you're arguing at the end of his life. With the appeal of his first conviction still pending, he will now be ruled "not guilty" relating to the conviction. His daughter will now be able to grow up being able to avoid the stigma of her dad being a convicted murdered. But, that is just the tip of the iceberg. Part of his 5 year, $40 million contract with the Patriots included $15 million guaranteed. Due to this conviction, the Pats weren't required to pay the guarantee. Now that his conviction will be overturned, due to him taking his life while it under appeal, it is believed the Pats may have to pay the guaranteed money to his estate (his young daughter). It seems reasonable to believe that Hernandez took his own life at that point, even with an opportunity to eventually be released from jail, to guarantee his daughter would receive a chunk of that money to live on. Hernandez also was aware that the victim's mother had an attachment on his property pending a civil suit, so it could be a way for him to try and make amends to them. The fact that he spoke on the phone to his fiance' just hours before his death makes on wonder if he was explaining to her what he was going to do or getting a chance to say goodbye.

Last edited:
So you think he bravely killed himself to help his kid and the victim's family? Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

He is a murderer, with no value for anyone's life but his own. He's a coward because, rather than face a lifetime of guilt and consequences for these actions, he killed himself. He didn't give a sh*t about his kid, fiancee', mother, brother, cousins, or anyone else. If he had, he wouldn't have caused them more pain and suffering - a point you yourself made when calling them victims - by taking his own life.

But, yeah, go ahead and think he did it out of the kindness of his heart in order to provide for his kid.

Hey! Here's a better idea! If he wanted to take care of his kid, he could have - Oh, I don't know - not murdered someone and kept his multi-million dollar per year job playing a game for a living. But, no. It was more important for him to live the thug life.

I stand by my original assessment - he was a cowardly, selfish, POS with no regard for anyone but himself. To argue the contrary is absurd.

Reactions: HerdFan73
Also, if he was smart enough to come up with the scheme you suggest, the Pats would likely not be required to pay if they can show he killed himself with the intent to void the prior conviction.

I think there is a very good chance that he took his own life in order to help his daughter (and/or those with a potential civil suit against him) financially. If the guy were as cowardly and selfish as you claim, he would have waited a couple of months to see if he would get the chance to be set free. Clearly, he wasn't concerned about that. There was clearly something else at play here, and it doesn't appear to be Hernandez just thinking about himself.

Are his past actions reprehensible and horrible? Of course. But his emotions during this last trial (something he had never shown before) and this course of action shows that he was considering others instead of his own well-being or else he would have waited a month or two before doing this.

He killed himself because he was bisexual? Guy just went from zero to hero with a bunch on the left.

Good riddance. Any animal who can spray another human with bullets any time he gets a drink spilled on him in the club is a savage with no place in modern society.

I do pity his family, but any grief that was brought upon them was done by Hernandez himself, no one else. HE made his decisions, HE is the one who destroyed multiple families, and I for one am glad he did us all a favor and saved the tax payers a few bucks.

ADVERTISEMENT