ADVERTISEMENT

AD Position

cincyherdfan

Silver Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 8, 2007
I apologize if someone has pointed this out in previous posts.

I’m hoping Mike Hamrick receives a multi year extension, I think he deserves one for what he’s helped accomplish to this point and is the best for all programs.

When Mike decides it’s time to hang em up, the person that I believe that no doubt could excel in that position here would be Chad Pennington.

This setup would allow Chad to see his kids through school then come here and would be a absolute natural as AD. He would be perfect leader and liaison to all athletic department staff members and athletes, as well as perfect person to represent our athletic program to the public....not too mention wouldn’t be a bad person to have on the fundraising tour either.

Last edited:
I agree to an extent. I don’t believe he wants to coach here, nor do I blame him. But a few years down the road when his kids are through school he’s a natural leader and would excel in that position.

In talking to him in the past and people that know him a lot better all seem to indicate they would not be surprised if somewhere down the line that would be the type of roll or area he’d be interested in getting in.

Agree QB....but I’d also think if I’m one of the coaches being interviewed for the job, I’d be asking who my AD was going to be if I get the job.

Reactions: marshallisqbu
I agree to an extent. I don’t believe he wants to coach here, nor do I blame him. But a few years down the road when his kids are through school he’s a natural leader and would excel in that position.

In talking to him in the past and people that know him a lot better all seem to indicate they would not be surprised if somewhere down the line that would be the type of roll or area he’d be interested in getting in.
I think Chad likes being involved without being obligated. Like he did with the vision campaign. He's a great ambassador and people listen when he speaks. If he were an actual employee he'd be involved in the politics and he'd be part of the controversy.

I don't think Chad likes to involved in the drama. Every statement I've ever heard from him makes it seem like he has no interest in an actual hired gig. Chad's our big gun and should stay that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: HerdFan2018
It’s a fair point that any potential coach would want some certainty who his boss will be (at least for the next couple of years). Since Hamrick is chairing the search committee I would think he gets extended at least for 2-3 years.

You have to take the good with the bad. He has done some really good things but also seems to have a real issue as it relates to ignoring all but his buddies or top donors (based on what I’ve heard on here).

The BOG will not retain Hamrick. They are too upset about his alienation of contributors, especially former athletes such as Chad

Serious, or not, such a crap statement.
I was playing on Licious's comments. I don't believe this place is nearly as bad as some do. Sarcasm sir. Remain calm, all is well.

I've had many accounts come in from out of town and really enjoy Huntington.

ADVERTISEMENT