ADVERTISEMENT

Adam Carolla says he's leaving 'horrible' California, pans 'sociopathic' Newsom: 'Slippery eel of nothingness'

30CAT

Platinum Buffalo
May 29, 2001
Shitholes will be shitholes. rifle, next time you're at a party, having lunch with or when you two are having a sleepover, you might ask Adam Carolla why he's leaving California. Maybe you can convince him to stay?

LINK: The comedian called the governor a 'narcissistic empty bag' on Sage Steele's podcast

Comedian and podcast host Adam Carolla said he's joining the exodus from California and took some parting shots at "sociopathic" Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom.

During his appearance on Wednesday's "The Sage Steele Show," Carolla was asked how he could still live in Los Angeles, a question he responded to with a loud groan and exclaimed, "It's horrible."

After telling host Sage Steele how he grew up in L.A. and that his comedy roots were made in the city, Carolla insisted it's "time to move."

"I have twins, and they're in their senior year of high school and I couldn't- I didn't want to pick up and, you know, tear up their roots, you know? So people always go, ‘When are you leaving?’ And I go, I will be attending their high school graduation in a U-Haul," Carolla quipped.

"That's a sad testimonial about California and sort of recent downturn in L.A. as well, because growing up out here, nobody left. You'd be a fool to leave, you know. And the notion of moving out of L.A. and going to like one of the Carolinas or Nashville… You watch the beginning of ‘The Beverly Hillbillies,’ they lived over here and then they came to where we are, and I was already there," he said. "Moving to a place like Wyoming or something would have been unfathomable, unheard of."

He teased that Texas, Florida, the Carolinas and Tennessee are among "15 places" he is considering moving to out of desperation of getting out of California, a move he's officially "decided" on.

"And that's sad because I don't even have a place that I need to go," Carolla said. "There's a difference between going ‘I want to live out my retirement years in Maui' or ‘I got to move to Arizona because I have bronchitis’ or something. This ain't that. This is just I have to leave. I don't even know where I'm going. This isn't me cheating on you for another woman. This is 'I hate you so much. I'm moving into a motel room and not dating for six years.'"

"I say to a lot of people like, when's it end? When do we change course? And the number one answer is, 'We haven't bottomed out yet. We're getting near it. We haven't totally bottomed out.' And then I say, ‘Why is it necessary to bottom out?’" Carolla wondered. "It's like saying, you know, I was looking for some stuff in my son's room and I found some syringes and a baggie of heroin. But he hasn't flatlined yet, okay? I have not walked in and seen foam coming out of his mouth or him convulsing. And you go, 'Yeah, I know, but why don't you get him in some treatment now?' And you go 'Because his heart hasn't stopped yet.' And it's like, ‘Yeah, I know, but why do we have to bottom out?’ We know where we're going. Let's reverse course. California and Los Angeles can't do it."

He then cited the 2021 recall effort to oust Newsom and how "we vote him right back in" followed by the election of Democratic Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass, insisting she won because she's a "woman of color" and that her "super competent" opponent Rick Caruso was rejected because he was "old," "White" and "rich."

"We get what we deserve, and we deserve it," Carolla told Steele. "I mean, my mom right before she died, I was like, 'Listen, I'd rather let Larry Elder be the governor than Newsom. And she's like, 'I don't know about' - what's funny about her- super progressive White lady, but Larry Elder being Black doesn't mean anything to her because he's on the wrong side, right?… So she goes, 'I don't know who Larry Elder is, but I know Gavin Newsom's a Democrat.' And I'm like, that's how we vote. Like Dumbo moms. It's like ride or die with Gavin Newsom. And it's like, can you just admit you made a mistake and try something else? And it's like, no, we cannot."
Carolla went on a tear against Newsom, who he called a "narcissistic douchebag" and a "slippery eel of nothingness."

"He says nothing. He says nothing," Carolla said. "He's a sociopathic, narcissistic, empty bag. And we vote for this guy. He says nothing."

"He doesn't have to," Steele responded.

"He doesn't have to. That's the scary part of this equation," Carolla exclaimed. "My mom is voting for Gavin Newsom no matter what that pile of s--- does. And he's insane."

Carolla recalled interviewing Newsom in 2013 and how he stumped the then-lieutenant governor for suggesting only Black and Hispanic residents fall victim to predatory check cashing places in the tense viral exchange.

"He's a buffoon. He's an idiot," Carolla said. "I said to him what's going on with traffic? We have such horrible traffic in L.A., especially, the worst in the world. Like, why aren't we doing something about it. Why isn't there a plan? Where's our traffic czar? What's going on? He goes, ‘I saw this billboard. I kind of liked it. It said, ’You're not in traffic. You are traffic.' It doesn't mean anything. The point is, that's how he talks."

"I told him 10 years ago, I go, 'Look, we got a homeless problem. And the homeless problem are people with mental issues and drug addiction. That's the homeless.' And he goes, 'Let me tell you the real face of homeless: mother of two, divorced, full-time minimum wage job, doesn't have anywhere to go.' And I said, that's not homeless! It's drug-addicted people with mental disorders. And he tried to explain to me ten years ago that the real face of homeless was a sober mother of two who was freshly divorced and had a full-time job at McDonald's," he continued.

"He's a narcissistic 10-cent head buffoon and nobody knows it. I don't know- or people in California are too dumb to realize who he is," Carolla stressed, later adding. "The real problem, getting back to my poor dead mom, is they cannot course correct. They can't just go, 'I made a mistake. This guy's an idiot. I shouldn't have voted for him.'"

Reactions: 19MU88
Kevin O’Leary slams ‘wasteland’ San Francisco over store closures, bad policies: ‘It is not America anymore’

LINK: Everybody has figured out that California is a disaster, says the 'Shark Tank' star
"Shark Tank" star Kevin O’Leary lambasted the political mistakes that have led to San Francisco’s demise, arguing that the once bustling city is now a "wasteland."

The O’Leary Ventures chairman discussed the political mishaps by California leadership that are plaguing the state’s largest cities, and encouraged viewers to see the downfall for themselves.

"Walk around San Francisco. It is not America anymore. It just isn’t," he stressed on "Cavuto: Coast to Coast" Monday.

When it comes to the city’s rapid decline, O’Leary blamed it on bad policies, bad taxes and the lack of a sensible legal system.

Earlier this year, San Francisco Centre, the city’s largest shopping mall, was reportedly only 25 percent occupied after another slew of retailers announced their closures.

In June, the mall’s owner, Westfield, announced that it would be handing the property back to a bank due to "the challenging operating conditions in downtown San Francisco." Days later, Cinemark Holdings announced that it would be closing its theater at the mall.

"What a wasteland. All of these places shutting down. It is not a partisan argument. When a Walgreens shuts down and a drug store shuts down and a convenience store shuts down, a bodega shuts down, that’s nothing to do with whether you’re blue or red," O’Leary explained.

"Don’t listen to me. Go try it out. You wouldn’t run a convention in San Francisco. You have to take an Uber one block to your hotel, or you get executed," he stressed.

The T.V. personality said that you must "blame the top manager" as well as city administrators and mayors for the current standard of living—or lack thereof.

O’Leary, a vocal critic of California Gov. Gavin Newsom’s "lack of executional skills," didn’t mince words when discussing the poor policies put in place by the state’s chief.

Recently, California’s $20 minimum wage hike has become the latest thorn in many businesses’ owners’ sides.

"It’s a mistake, it’s a Gavin Newsom mistake," O’Leary said when discussing the newly enacted law.

"It's not just fast food and convenient dining that's shutting down because they're unprofitable at $20 a minimum wage. Lots of other businesses are leaving that state," he continued.

O’Leary admitted that he doesn’t invest in startups in California anymore. Despite having done so with a few, he said that he would move their headquarters out of the state.

He told FOX Business’ Ashley Webster that the state is being "hollowed out" and that taxpayers, businesses and high net worth individuals are moving to places like Tennessee, Texas and Florida.

"It [California] is not a place to do business. It’s not in business,"
O’Leary said.

"I think Gavin Newsom, for his interest in running for president, should probably fix California now, because everybody in the country has figured out that place is a disaster," he urged.

They have. Mainly the northeast libs. But California coming on strong.
Politics has nothing to do with it.

It's money. They cause real estate to skyrocket and price out the locals. And don't get me started on the fvckers with their AirBnB's.

This is also happening in West Virginia in the "tourist areas*.
California is a disease to our country.
Wealth disparity is a disease to our country. Especially when these rich pricks invade rural areas. Western NC immediately comes to mind. Eastern TN too; just today I looked on Zillow at a property in ETN, 10 acres straight up you can't build anything else on, a 900 sq ft "cabin" that looks to be manufactured housing....$800k, GTFO.

It's money. They cause real estate to skyrocket and price out the locals. And don't get me started on the fvckers with their AirBnB's.

Wealth disparity is a disease to our country. Especially when these rich pricks invade rural areas. Western NC immediately comes to mind. Eastern TN too; just today I looked on Zillow at a property in ETN, 10 acres straight up you can't build anything else on, a 900 sq ft "cabin" that looks to be manufactured housing....$800k, GTFO.
Politics has to do with it as well. Believe me, I live among them. Exit Strategy in place.

Politics has to do with it as well.
For a hyper-partisan nut like you, maybe. But that's all attitude stuff on your part. It doesn't jack up real estate prices and property taxes for everyone else. As long as any of my hypothetical new neighbors are somewhere in between the Weather Underground and the Ku Klux Klan I'll be cool with them.

As long as any of my hypothetical new neighbors are somewhere in between the Weather Underground and the Ku Klux Klan I'll be cool with them.
depends on which one of your personalities is on display at any given moment.

on the pills/dope . . . hell, anybody can move in.

off for a few days . . . everybody get the fuhk away!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Raoul Duke MU

Been looking at this area since COVID and it is insane. Finally air BNB market is calming down and I'm seeing some prices in Waynesville drop a little bit...but it's nuts. Pre 2018 you could get maybe 8-12 acres (maybe 0.5 of that flat enough fo ra small garden) and a mountain view with say a 3/2 cabin for like $400K. YOu're looking at at least double that now.

It can get a little Methy, but Hartford TN is going to be something to watch out for. Rumblings are some developers are looking at putting in some luxury hiking/rafting there (?maybe like a resort or something?). Still a little land there.

Bryson City and up from Highlands NC is great too, but that area is sooo expensive.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Let's look at data and facts instead of emotional rants from washed-up careers without the income to live the life they think they deserve:

Yesterday, I showed that California actually GAINED population in 2023, crushing Crispy Lips' jealous-hate of someplace far superior to his shithole town that he can never live in. You're like the fat kid in 11th grade mocking the hot captain of the cheerleading team that she is ugly because she only has a C cup instead of a D cup.

This article came out today in an Orange County newspaper. What is shows is that Orange County housing has appreciated at a higher pace over the last 12 months than any other place in the country. What does that mean? Well, using basic principles of supply-and-demand, you would be wise to realize that the demand of people wanting to live here is far greater than the supply. My little village, 10 years ago, had a population of zero. Today, encompassing just 2.5 of the planned five villages, it has a population of 15k. So even tough places like this continue to build residences, the demand is still surging so high that this area's housing increases continue to lead the nation.

Not only is OC #1 over the last 12 months for appreciation, but San Diego, an hour away, is #3 in the country.

Now, for a place that you claim everybody wants to escape and nobody wants to live in, how would that dynamic work?

Last edited:
This is another article that came out today in a Salt Lake newspaper. It details how downtown major cities have been impacted by Covid: Work-from-home takes people out of restaurants, stores, transit downtown. Those stores don't get revenue. Lack of tax base leads to lack of public services, in turn, increasing crime. It goes on to show that San Fran isn't the only downtown that got hit with stores leaving due to lack of people/revenue. It has also happened in NYC, Chicago, and D.C. since Covid, and the point of the article is to not allow that to happen in SLC, hence the need for the approval of the proposed entertainment district:

Been looking at this area since COVID and it is insane. Finally air BNB market is calming down and I'm seeing some prices in Waynesville drop a little bit...but it's nuts. Pre 2018 you could get maybe 8-12 acres (maybe 0.5 of that flat enough fo ra small garden) and a mountain view with say a 3/2 cabin for like $400K. YOu're looking at at least double that now.

It can get a little Methy, but Hartford TN is going to be something to watch out for. Rumblings are some developers are looking at putting in some luxury hiking/rafting there (?maybe like a resort or something?). Still a little land there.

Bryson City and up from Highlands NC is great too, but that area is sooo expensive.
This is what you need in your life.

5 acres. No neighbors. Main residence is 2 bed/2 bath on 1500 square feet but it also has three individual cabins that are rented out on long leases. You have the option to buy another 1.5 acres that neighbors this land for $400k.

Beautiful views, huge outdoor kitchen. First time on the market in some absurd amount of time, and you're only a 15 minute drive to me:

Reactions: -CarlHungus-
depends on which one of your personalities is on display at any given moment.

on the pills/dope . . . hell, anybody can move in.

off for a few days . . . everybody get the fuhk away!!!
I want to live the fvck away from everyone, but it's not practical for us right now. In retirement, who knows. But that's not based on who the neighbors are. I just prefer to be able to whip it out and piss off the back deck without anyone being able to see me.

My block is interesting. We are the last block west in the 'older" part of town. I mean it was built in the 50's and I hate to think of that as ancient, but just to the west are the fancy neighborhoods built more recently, with curvy streets because someone thought that was fancy for Kansas. Our side of the block is nice, as is the block behind us (the last block north in this part of town). The other side of the street is not so nice, it's presentable but the houses are much smaller, more plain, and frankly not as well maintaned. But everyone seems nice enough. And that's all that matters to me.

This is what you need in your life.

5 acres. No neighbors. Main residence is 2 bed/2 bath on 1500 square feet but it also has three individual cabins that are rented out on long leases. You have the option to buy another 1.5 acres that neighbors this land for $400k.

Beautiful views, huge outdoor kitchen. First time on the market in some absurd amount of time, and you're only a 15 minute drive to me:

I would definitely like something like that. I really want mountain views but that property is what I'd love to have.
I have to be closer to east coast/southeast though. But yeah, that is a great place.

In retirement though that would work, but I have to keep working and raise my kids for now.
==

edit - i glanced at the post, well for $2 million that would open up a lot of options in a lot of areas. I could get something baller in Highlands or maybe High Hampton or Blackberry Mountain for that price tag. Not sure I'd ever spend that though. I guess the rental income could offset some costs. I've thouht about dabbling in STR but I just don't have the time though I guess hiring out a property manager would help.

I was looking closer to $500 to $800K

But yeah, that is a great place.

Last edited:
I really want mountain views but that property is what I'd love to have.
Hard to have mountain views when you're on top of the mountain.

edit - i glanced at the post, well for $2 million that would open up a lot of options in a lot of areas. I could get something baller in Highlands or maybe High Hampton or Blackberry Mountain for that price tag.

And deal with the humidity, being landlocked, heat, snow? People pay what they do to have 75 degree weather with no humidity in the day, 60 at night, be a close drive to the beach, not deal with ice/snow,

You could have your own family compound. Since Herdman wants out of Carolina, he could have one of the cabins. Since Big Country wants out of West Virginia, he could have a second compound. And you all would need a god-fearing preacher and somebody handy with making wood since you have 5 acres, so E.G. is the smart candidate for the third cabin. With that huge outdoor kitchen, you could whip up some great dinners for the band.

That looks amazing. You’re talking me into it. The California is weather is hard to beat. Not sure I’m rich enough for it though.

That looks amazing. You’re talking me into it. The California is weather is hard to beat. Not sure I’m rich enough for it though.
You're pulling in $6000/month from long-term rentals at that spot. These are people who want to live away from everybody and be left alone. They aren't nightmare renters. It will be good for HerdNation for the four of you to live around each other.

• Haha
Reactions: -CarlHungus-
You're pulling in $6000/month from long-term rentals at that spot. These are people who want to live away from everybody and be left alone. They aren't nightmare renters. It will be good for HerdNation for the four of you to live around each other.
Definitely may pull the trigger for the good of the board.

For a hyper-partisan nut like you, maybe. But that's all attitude stuff on your part. It doesn't jack up real estate prices and property taxes for everyone else. As long as any of my hypothetical new neighbors are somewhere in between the Weather Underground and the Ku Klux Klan I'll be cool with them.
Until you live around them. I will never go through something like covid again, especially with these libs. Glad the kid is out of school with all that bullshit as well.

Uh oh, sure. Just like you will never drive the deathmobile again.

You do what you're told to do.
I don't drive a death mobile and haven't for some time and that was temporary. Nope, I am out of here if those assholes ever do something covid again. Not living near the libs if something like that goes down. Of course, let's hope Americans are smarter that to fall for that shit again. The libs were just miserable to be around. Some of them still walk around in masks.

right011.png

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE​

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news.

Overall, we rate Fox News right biased based on editorial positions that align with the right and Questionable due to the promotion of propaganda, conspiracy theories, pseudoscience, the use of poor sources, and numerous false claims and failed fact checks

And, here we go with California leading the way. The Covid Summer Wave. Throw in the Heat Dome and libs are going to be walking around in oxygen suits with their thumbs up their hind ends.

@riflearm2

As an aside, seeing people talk about places in Sonoma that they can’t sell due to lack of insurance carriers (?wildfires?).

I guess that’s a thing now?

Let me rephrase.
If the Californians leaving are conservatives, like in this thread you started, how are they ruining the places they move to with their non-Democratic politics?

Because that's what you keep replying to, my assertion that they ruin the places they move to. And my thoughts on that have zero to do with politics.

So let me rephrase: you are a moron.

Reactions: riflearm2
If the Californians leaving are conservatives, like in this thread you started, how are they ruining the places they move to with their non-Democratic politics?

Because that's what you keep replying to, my assertion that they ruin the places they move to. And my thoughts on that have zero to do with politics.

So let me rephrase: you are a moron.

Libs don't like it when they are subjected to the consequences of their own ideology. That's why they flee.

I want to live the fvck away from everyone,
Great idea and once you move, be sure to say terrible things about your new location. If you say anything positive, the low life you moved away from will be relocating to your new area.

Great idea and once you move, be sure to say terrible things about your new location. If you say anything positive, the low life you moved away from will be relocating to your new area.
No low lifes for me to get away from. I just want to be able to take a leak out back without the neighbors seeing me.

Reactions: greengeezer
Yet Kitty posted about two conservatives. Do you even read the threads you post in? Or do you just pick a random spot to rant about libs?

So what? It's more than conservatives leaving the foul, stench of California and other Blue cities/states. Liberals? I have nothing against liberals. By that I mean TRUE liberals, not the progressive Marxists who have taken over the Democrat party. You fools who have stuck with political parties are a huge part of what's wrong in America. Vote POLICIES not parties. If you just step back and look at the policies, to vote Democrat policies is just insane. Right now, I vote for the lesser of two evils for our country. There are a few true liberals still out there that I can come to common ground with. Maybe even one on here (HerdandHokies) but not many at all. It's a shame what's happening to true Democrats and liberals.

Yet Kitty posted about two conservatives. Do you even read the threads you post in? Or do you just pick a random spot to rant about libs?
Wouldn't it be nice if the whole world just fell in line like you think they should?

I can't help it if you don't get it and can't follow along.

Says one of the two people that can't comprehend I was not talking about politics, even though I clearly said I was not. You have zero room to call anyone stupid, you dumb fvck.

No one has to call you stupid. You diligently display it all by yourself.

Reactions: 30CAT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT